Futex

mapuata

Any views (graduate program, ~ number of successful traders, which markets they focus on etc.) on the company from current/former traders?

many thanks. map

Quite a small set up compared to some of the other arcades but heard they are quite good think they clear through Marex.If your're considering trading at an arcade just remember it is possible to make it but it is extremley hard to do so and when I say hard I mean hard, it is probably easier to shoot your own mother.

How so,
I have an interview next week and i hear so many different storys, some like you say its practically impossible to break even unless you are a genious, while others say making decent money is ok--makeing big money is harder....
It must be an O.K job, seeing as i have seen quite a few arcades in existence will floors consisting of hundreds of traders, im sure they are all satisfyied with the money they are making, unless the arcades would be empty no?

I am amazed how many times we see the same questions on these threads. Trading is an art and to be good at it requires skills that you cannot teach. Yes there are many trainee trader programs out in the market just as there are football training programs and like football anyone can teach you the fundamentals of the game but it don’t mean you are going to be a premiership footballer making loads of money.
Yes you can make a living and yes if you have the naturals instincts, the discipline and the right mental attitude you can still make good money, but the odds are stacked against you.
The good trainee trader programs will soon give you an idea whether you have the aptitude for trading but you don’t have to pay for the privilege and you shouldn’t part with good money under any false promises or illusions, far more fall by the wayside than make a living from prop trading.

I am amazed how many times we see the same questions on these threads. Trading is an art and to be good at it requires skills that you cannot teach. Yes there are many trainee trader programs out in the market just as there are football training programs and like football anyone can teach you the fundamentals of the game but it don’t mean you are going to be a premiership footballer making loads of money.
Yes you can make a living and yes if you have the naturals instincts, the discipline and the right mental attitude you can still make good money, but the odds are stacked against you.
The good trainee trader programs will soon give you an idea whether you have the aptitude for trading but you don’t have to pay for the privilege and you shouldn’t part with good money under any false promises or illusions, far more fall by the wayside than make a living from prop trading.

trading isn't easy and there is a learning curve like any skill. Trading can be taught and bar the need to be disciplined and the need to learn how to take a loss i think most people of average intelligence can trade. Trading can be taught as an art form or it can be taught in a much more scientific manner, i believe it just depends on the way that the indivual was taught and their own beliefs of how the market works.

I for one think that as long as a person has an understanding of quantatative algorithms or technical algorithms then trading can be a scientific endeavour. If a trader beleives that algorithms can not beat the market and trades with discretion live in the markets this opens up a whole new can of worms. trading off short term time frames like this can be very hard, in my observations few will survive this way, the emosions involved can be very intense and the discipline can also be very hard to maintain.

Developing profitable algorithms is an advanced skill but if u can find a person willing to teach u how then i think your chances are massively improved.

Cheers

Charlie

Any views (graduate program, ~ number of successful traders, which markets they focus on etc.) on the company from current/former traders?

many thanks. map

Futex run a very successful graduate program. Our retention rate and number of traders reared from scratch is excellent. We currently have 45 live traders of which 35 have come through our training program.

We have atleast 6 traders who have returned over the magic 7 figure number. 2 of them from our training academy, I expect at least another 6 graduates to do that within the next 12 months as they mature. With more to follow in due course.

August 2007 has been a record braking month for Futex

We focus on bonds, currencies, stock indexes, gold and oil.

I hope this helps answer your questions.

kind regards

Futex

Futex,

Congrats on having that Australian make the top 30 U30's. Its pretty meaningless list imo but its nice to see some locals in thier vs the hedge fund losers

Not long before im there:cool:

thank you black-star,

we have a few "locals" here who are rising stars. Our Australian friend is an excellent trader, and what the article does not reflect on are the hours and hours of hard work that he has put in. The early frustration, and general ups and downs, as well as the great trading days

When you say you trade currencies, does that include spot, or just currency futures?

Do you have a specific strategy that you teach, or can people use their own, assuming decent risk management and profitability?

How long does the training last (i.e. how long does it take for the avaerage trainee to start making money) and do you pay trainees while they are being trained?

When would be the best time for someone to apply if they were graduating in May 2008, and looking to start in May or September?

Last edited:
2009 Update - Futex have grown to 80 traders , operating out of London and Woking in the UK. They have other traders in Singapore and Chicago and have recently launched Futex Investment and Trading Academy. see Futex - Futex Proprietary Investment and Trading House. Trading, Trader, Futures, online trading, currency trading, stock market trading, bond trading, Futures trading, Trading careers, trading courses, Commodity trading, Forex, day trader, equity tr .

Police: do you work for Futex ? :)

Hi All, I will be joining the FUTEX academy quite soon. Can anyone advise me on any recommended reading or things I can do to prepare so I can hit the ground running? Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Congrats;

funnily enough it would not be much of course if you had to do all the work up front. You will be taught everything on the course BUT what you could do to really show your strengh of character, is to read the Financial Press thoroughly every day.

I think it's a valid newbie question.

For instance, the company risk parameters may not allow overnight positions etc.

Could I enquire into the success rate of the online training course compared to the in-house training?

Congrats;

funnily enough it would not be much of course if you had to do all the work up front. You will be taught everything on the course BUT what you could do to really show your strengh of character, is to read the Financial Press thoroughly every day.

Thank you FUTEX!

Yes of course we do. Why on earth would we not?
You sure, what would a swing trader do for 8 hours a day? sit and watch his positions? anyway i contacted futex and talked about swing trading holding 3-5 days but they weren't interested. maybe that's just me :D

i aint nuffing to do with futex but at a similarfirm we allow all kinds of ttrading the key is where to get the revenue from. From a swing trader doing **** all most days you want a profit split, froma scalper round trip fees make much more sense. So long as everyone makes money... Or should I say risk adjusted returns... what's the problem?