Fundamentals or technical analysis?

Am I the only one that doesn't class looking at a numbers release as fundamental analysis?

I class it as insane, but that's why I do it :LOL:

I'm no Fundamentician(?), but fundies don't change overnight or with 1 numbers release, yet the eur can pop and drop 500-800 pips in a week on rather insignificant news, ie: Bernanke or Papandreau saying 1 wrong phrase. It's just nuts.

Peter

Fundamentals always rule.

Am I the only one that doesn't class looking at a numbers release as fundamental analysis?

I never see any numbers, just check out when the news is to avoid trading that time :clap:

People should understand the fundamental as fundamental sentiment which's the current sentiment of the market which could reflect by the trend showing in the chart. Fundamentals isn't about numbers, speeches, votes, debts...

Well it must be fundamentals, like the "emperors new clothes" nobody has managed to answer my question "what is technical analysis"?

Stocks: Fundamentals
but...
Writing Options on that Stock: Technicals (maybe a fundee or two)

Trading: Technicals (news schmews - don't trade it, trade the reaction. . . and screw the rumor.)

"what is technical analysis"?

From MTA:
Technical Analysis is the study of data generated by the action of markets and by the behavior and psychology of market participants and observers. Such study is usually applied to estimating the probabilities for the future course of prices for a market, investment or speculation by interpreting the data in the context of precedent.

From me:
Also, the study of 'external' to market data that shows 'high' correlation or non-random linakge with price behavior. {like natural disasters, weather, etc} ...so news reactions as a Time factor would fit in here, but of course :whistling

From MTA:
Technical Analysis is the study of data generated by the action of markets and by the behavior and psychology of market participants and observers. Such study is usually applied to estimating the probabilities for the future course of prices for a market, investment or speculation by interpreting the data in the context of precedent.

From me:
Also, the study of 'external' to market data that shows 'high' correlation or non-random linakge with price behavior. {like natural disasters, weather, etc} ...so news reactions as a Time factor would fit in here, but of course :whistling

AHHHHHH, penny is starting to drop. I had thought that Technical analysis was dojis, bull flags, elliot waves, stochastics bubbles, gann fans, cups and handles, heads and shoulders et al. It just shows how wrong you can be.:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:(y)(y)(y):smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling:whistle:whistling:whistling