FTSE100 Swing trades 2011

tomorton

Guest Author
I'll be posting my swing trade signals and analysis here through the year. This is for FTSE100 traders only, but feel free to add your own signals, comments, suggestions, queries etc.

Let's make some money in 2011!

a happy and prosperous new year to you..another good one i think,lots of volatility in store for us this year

I look farward to joining in with you all this year,although im not much for writing ill try and contribute where i can,and keep stum when i can't.

so good luck all and let the games begin.

Current swing signals –
29/12 – Whiplash – Short
29/12 – Key reversal – Short – Caution: pattern incomplete as close above previous session’s low

Anticipated swing signals –
04/01 – 2C14X – Short at close, if below 14EMA

S&P500 corroboration –
Unconvincing reversal 29/12 plus spinning top 31/12 do not point to significant market weakness

Got taken in today. Bank holiday. In Spain we don't get "recuperables" If the holiday falls on a Sunday, that's your hard luck! Anyway, I shorted and got 9 points, even with a lousy spread, which I didn't notice, either! However, as soon as the penny dropped I closed at once.

Back to sleep, then, until tomorrow!

:DHappy New Year all, will follow this thread with interest.

Was following the BigBen thread before and doing nicely but then life got busy. Will try to get back into it for 2011 and look forward to an interesting thread here.(y)

Today made a new high, best since June 08, and seeming to continue the uptrend. Price gapped up amazingly (by 100pts) and finished above the open and up on last session's best.

It's no reason to short, but this two day pattern is not a classic bullish kicking pattern as today's candlestick forms a doji. A doji is not a reversal on its own, but signals the market has lost direction. Positive though today's close was, price still could not maintain buoyancy above the mid-line of the range. No support from the US - the Dow looks like it will not breach yesterday's high and could even form another doji.

Await a close well down on today's for a major shorting opportunity.

Today makes a 2C14X buy signal with a second close above the 14EMA. Hard to believe that there's much headroom left but there's the green light if you're bold: the uptrend was continued yesterday with a new high, but today could not build on that. The stop is 80pts down at 5964.

Today's high breached levels not seen since May 08 and extends the uptrend, and, yes, the close was still up on the start of the year. But the weak finish makes the candlestick a pretty good pin bar. We may see confirmation tomorrow which would be the trigger to enter short.

Right i have opened Long +4 position a 5981 FTSE 100, tight stop below the last low of today. If the Non Farm Payrolls proove to be good then hopefully the market will take a nice rally up. However if not then i will get stopped out.

Bristolguy - luck or not, well done - 27pts is 27pts.

NPR etc. makes the session a lottery sometimes. Evidence of this today is the wide range between 0800-1000 - about 50pts - which, along with the recent faltering daily patterns suggests people have little appetite for the risk from a hard stance ahead of the stats (or anything else). We will soon know.

I will go short on a weak performance later if that confirms yesterday's pin bar.

lol was milking it today, bought back in again SHORT 5982 and thought i might aswell call it a day at 5976 for =6 points.

So todays session saw me take a total of 56 points, not bad i think.

Well done bristolguy. I'm in short now, on suitable confirmation of the pin bar.

Good Stuff, I did open another trade and currently short. Hopefully Wall Street will take a tumble later on. Who Knows, got a tight stop just in case.