FTSE Trading 600+ points per months (63 trades - 63 wins)

This game is about making money.

More importantly, making money and KEEPING IT.

This is done by cutting your losses quickly as soon as you know you are wrong and letting winners run.

In my time studying both myself and others I have found that the first is difficult to do; the second is monumentally difficult to do.

However, if you can succeed in these two then win/loss ratio is unimportant.

Listen to what Trendie said above: running a loss ties up capital. It is arguable whether it ALWAYS comes back - even in very long term bull markets like the FTSE, Oil, Housing etc but lets say you knew without a doubt that it would and with that in mind bought the Nasdaq in 1999....

How much OPPORTUNITY LOSS does one suffer in the 9 years until you get your money back?

End of day: BEING RIGHT COSTS FAR MORE IN THE END THAN ADMITTING YOU ARE WRONG QUICKLY.

I'm always interested in new ideas but you've lost me now...

As they would say in Dragons Den: I'm out.

Last edited:
I share the general scepticism, but out of sheer curiosity I would definitely like to read about that system.

This is done by cutting your losses quickly as soon as you know you are wrong and letting winners run.

In my time studying both myself and others I have found that the first is difficult to do; the second is monumentally difficult to do.

Listen to what Trendie said above: running a loss ties up capital. It is arguable whether it ALWAYS comes back - even in very long term bull markets like the FTSE, Oil, Housing etc but lets say you knew without a doubt that it would and with that in mind bought the Nasdaq in 1999....

How much OPPORTUNITY LOSS does one suffer in the 9 years until you get your money back?

End of day: BEING RIGHT COSTS FAR MORE IN THE END THAN ADMITTING YOU ARE WRONG QUICKLY.

Ah the truth outs. He has no losers because he's still got them all open!

I think we now need.

History of closed trades and percentage profit.
Current open trades and their unrealised P&L

Question for you.

If you had to close all of your positions TODAY. Would you stil have a profit? If the answer is no then you don't have a trading strategy that I'm interested in.

Point well made - ALSO - to keep a leveraged position open for nine years will cost you a lot of money..

e.g. using SB, a £1 a pip position long on the FTSE will cost you over £3000 over nine years. That means nine years on... to break even you will have to wait till the index is 3000 points higher than your entry point!

Point well made - ALSO - to keep a leveraged position open for nine years will cost you a lot of money..

e.g. using SB, a £1 a pip position long on the FTSE will cost you over £3000 over nine years. That means nine years on... to break even you will have to wait till the index is 3000 points higher than your entry point!

LOL. Bearing that in mind, if you bought the Nasdaq in 1999 at £1 a point I don't think you would EVER make profit if you lived to be 100 years old.

How about posting some of your entries (and exits,if applicable) in the Real Live Trading thread, vonk?

no worries guys. here they are.
i must say this is really nice to see that this has evoked such a reaction.
firstly questions answered.

{hoggums}
if i closed the two open, the i would still be well into profit.
secondly, who said anything about leaving a position open for 9 years?! i trade monthly futures. this account/exercise was simply for the purpose of seeing if this was a viable blueprint for novices.

{dante}
Thank you for your imput, i'm sorry that this is not for you, but as you are a seasoned trader who is obviously doing well for himself, you are not who is is intended for/directed at.
i have enclosed two screenshots from my account history(it would'nt all fit on one screen) so you can see for yourself.

happy reading.
NB. Remember we are just looking at the point increase, the amounts of money here are inconsiquential

Attachments

• history top.JPG
    history top.JPG
    281.3 KB · Views: 498
  • history.JPG
    history.JPG
    279.9 KB · Views: 331
you might have to zoom in guys, but here it is.
(the first 6-7 trades were on my IG account.)

Sorry, I'm supposed to be out of here and I'm still here getting involved.

Vonkhanage, I respect you for actually backing up what you say with results and I've given you a reputation point accordingly - what you have done is far more than I see from many on this forum who seem to quietly put there head back below the parapet when it comes to showing record time...

I'd still like to see the open P&L though...

Why?

Because as you say: a loss is not a loss until its closed out but when it is...it can wipe out all your gains in one go. I've experienced it many, many, many times. Until the loss is taken everything looks great.

I can even show examples to prove it from my own history. Just been looking over my Finspreads account from back in 2005 - long strings of winners eradicated by one loss.

Also, and my final point on the matter, P&L is some but not all the proof needed to back yourself up.

The proof comes when you lay your strategy on the line via a full, detailed trading plan.

Sometimes the picture can be distorted by something that we, the onlooker, cannot understand.

In 2005 I had a series of 87 trades with 4 very minor losses. On an equity curve I look like I should be interviewed in Market Wizards.

Only I know that this was the result of something that can never be repeated.

Last edited:
I am interested in trading with few indicators. So, therefore I would like to read over this system. Then critique...May find a new or clever idea.

are you only trading at 10p a point ?
try trading £10 a point next week and let us know how you get on
when its real money , its a different ball game

are you only trading at 10p a point ?
try trading £10 a point next week and let us know how you get on
when its real money , its a different ball game

True. Without a doubt. But imo, if he's making profit this will be very useful to the people he intended the post for, newbies with a starting balance £250-500?

Good for them to get practice and move onto a larger balance for when they get more serious.

(or for people like me with a bit of dosh, but rather than getting a PT job just invest some time into spreadbetting.)

Then again, if you're making 600 pips a month, with a larger balance, and it works...

then thats great (y)

anyways, i'm eagerly waiting for this system to be posted :)

Phil

right then,

i am going to get it finished in the nex fortnight, i want to make sure that it is correct and concise. as soon as it is finished in a PDF format, and has a name. i will post a link on here.
many thanks for all the response, albeit with a degree of caution.

-=VK=-

right then,

i am going to get it finished in the nex fortnight, i want to make sure that it is correct and concise. as soon as it is finished in a PDF format, and has a name. i will post a link on here.
many thanks for all the response, albeit with a degree of caution.

-=VK=-

Why is it going to take 2 weeks ?
is it so complicated that its going to take that long

Very impressive....BUT....

Being a user of Finspreads (as can be seen by my weekly blogs or on my posts or on traderchat.com prior to joining trade2win.com) I am very familiar with your screenshot.

Heres my questions that are more of a discrepancy.

The card transfers of £250 and £1000 are not credits to you, that is you putting more money in. Would you care to comment.
Also,
You are playing 10p per point - This is a newbie account and will only last 8 weeks before having to make the minimum bet of 50p per point (this of course is 5 times your initial current stake). Would you care to comment.

I also note that as from the start of May you are playing with 50p bet sizes, I assume the 8 weeks at 10 per point is now over and this could be one of the reasons you've had to flourish your account with a further 1 thousand pounds. The Initial Margin Requirement for the several contracts you bought on ftse after transfer of funds for 50p bet sizes would almost swallow all of that £1,000 up. Care to explain before you go pop.
If your having to cover margin calls but yet still spending it totally on IMR then you leave none for maintenance let alone for Variation Margin.

I conclude this is typical Over Trading until you correct me, but please do before we never hear from you again because the market moved against you.

Also, Your only taking on average around 20 points per contract when the spread is minimum of 4 to 6 points depending on contract date and more for out of hours trading. This is not good on this strategy let alone the cost of carry. This would mean that you are spending over 30% on spreads before making average profit. The only people that love this kind of trading are brokers and bookies.

As TraderDante has mentioned and which is extremely important, what is your Initial margin requirement (currently) and what is your Variation margin (aka P/L).

So questions in brief are:

Why are you putting more money into account - Why not taking it out instead?

What will happen after the 10p per point expires and you have to play with at least 5 times your stake?

What is your current margin requirements (both IMR and VM)?

Whats your trading history?

no worries guys. here they are.
i must say this is really nice to see that this has evoked such a reaction.
firstly questions answered.

{hoggums}
if i closed the two open, the i would still be well into profit.
secondly, who said anything about leaving a position open for 9 years?! i trade monthly futures. this account/exercise was simply for the purpose of seeing if this was a viable blueprint for novices.

{dante}
Thank you for your imput, i'm sorry that this is not for you, but as you are a seasoned trader who is obviously doing well for himself, you are not who is is intended for/directed at.
i have enclosed two screenshots from my account history(it would'nt all fit on one screen) so you can see for yourself.

happy reading.
NB. Remember we are just looking at the point increase, the amounts of money here are inconsiquential

Last edited:
why not! please go ahead and write such a book.

To save you a bit of time waiting for the book

the ft 100 has a range of about 70 pts a day

If you look back to the previous day
and put the fib lines in , and draw them into the next day
price follows the previous day up and down
if price drops below the low of the yesterday
copy the fib lines from yesterday
and put it below the the low of yesterday / or today
and look for the 70 pt range

If price goes above the high of the yesterday
just put the low of the fib line above the high of yesterday
and look for the 70 points

I only trade price, fib lines, and support and resistance , and trend lines

good trading

I am a newbie here would any of the more experienced guys like to take a newbie under their wing.......probably not..!!! I am interested in the system, although it seems that more of the more experienced guys seem to be having doubts, anyone willing to offer any genuine advice to a genuine newbie please drop me a mail on [email protected], I am not looking for a free ride just a bit of direction. Cheers Chaps

To save you a bit of time waiting for the book

the ft 100 has a range of about 70 pts a day

If you look back to the previous day
and put the fib lines in , and draw them into the next day
price follows the previous day up and down
if price drops below the low of the yesterday
copy the fib lines from yesterday
and put it below the the low of yesterday / or today
and look for the 70 pt range

If price goes above the high of the yesterday
just put the low of the fib line above the high of yesterday
and look for the 70 points

I only trade price, fib lines, and support and resistance , and trend lines

good trading

I am a newbie here would any of the more experienced guys like to take a newbie under their wing.......probably not..!!! I am interested in the system, although it seems that more of the more experienced guys seem to be having doubts, anyone willing to offer any genuine advice to a genuine newbie please drop me a mail on [email protected], I am not looking for a free ride just a bit of direction. Cheers Chaps

Trading Systems @ Forex Factory

have a look at this
you can use this to trade shares or forex

good luck

Don't fall for it, some of you should know better by now :rolleyes:....Remember, there is nothing new under the Sun when it come to trading.