FTSE on offer, just 1 spread on spread bet

dcarrigan said:
dont think they will tomorrow with everyone judging there new spreads. would give it a week watching for skew myself. imo.
must of changed there minds re spread?. still wall st 4points.

Any plans to add price charting facilities to the Worldspreads site Marvin ?

1 point or pip spreads sound nice, but without charts to see how close the prices are to the underlying market many people may be reluctant to try it.

gc1 said:
Any plans to add price charting facilities to the Worldspreads site Marvin ?

1 point or pip spreads sound nice, but without charts to see how close the prices are to the underlying market many people may be reluctant to try it.
think that the price will be a mix of index price and futures as they move before the index. have mine set up. live price from ladbrokesmy futs from my provider. will test when it happens. noted last week they were in front or behind footsie depending on direction. 1 to 1.5 points.

mattmadd said:
I have joined this spread betting company in London recently, to enjoy the benefit of small spreads , yes just 1 point spread on footsie, ftse. I have trading with them in past weeks, just on the saving in spreads, enhance my winnings streaks.

I recently also been informed that they shall offer 1 point spreads also for other indices, including DAX, DOW etc. I am confident with tight spreads , it certainly will enhance my winning potentials. Trading is all about money management.

Take a look at this Spread Betting Company, WorldSpreads Ltd, with web site : www.worldspreads.com

One little helpful hint : No tax on wins in spread betting gains.

The 1 point spread looks to be for a Dec contract not the daily cash market so it is next to useless if you trade the indexes as a day trader. the spread for the cash market is still 4 points for the dow, and 2 points for the dax ,ftse and so on.

I guess we can only hope at some point the spreads will narrow in the cash market

I beg to differ! In fact 95% of day traders/ ex liffe traders/ FTSE index traders will trade the futures and know what the futures price is! The cash contract that SB's price is based on the futures price anyway - it is a made up price. So for example the Dec FTSE is 5860, SB's will use a fair value to price the cash/ So if the fair value for the day was -35 the cash price would be 5825. You can't actually buy the cash index itself and for this reason WS are 1 tick spread on the futures: because the fair value can change through the day.