draghi, where are you?

Attachments

• DAX Juli 2016.jpg
    DAX Juli 2016.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 206
9,969-10,002 and 10,021 resistance

9,937 closing price

9,923 and 9,724 sup, att latter

9,923 while support is maintained, the signal to close is bullish, valid for opening 8

Hi Clarin

How you doing?

Would be very interested to find out more about your Dax trading strategy please.

Thanks so much
Rehan

Hi, sorry if this is a novice question, but is there a FTSE index tracker that I can take long and short positions on intraday?
I've been using the demo of IG trading spreadbetting tool, but their FTSE index markets are based on the futures prices, which often differ markedly from the actual quoted FTSE 100 price.
Eg last Monday's (12 sept) opening price for the FTSE was 6776, but the price available on IG at 08:00 was 6689.
Is there a way I can get exposure to the actual FTSE opening price via a spreadbet?

My understanding of the Ig trading FTSE prices are that they're based on FTSE futures, and that the futures prices will be close to the index price throughout the LSE trading hours but then diverge after the LSE close, so it can be quite far from the FTSE open by 8am the next morning.
Is that right?

Thanks
Stephen

Another example: this morning's 8am opening price for the FTSE 100 was 6710, but the FTSE 100 "daily funded bet" was at 6770

obviously the price drifted from the friday 4:30pm close price, based on the price of the FTSE futures market, but does anyone know if there is any market that would give me access to the official FTSE 100 open price?

or are there other markets where the quoted price is a closer match to the official open price?

Hi, sorry if this is a novice question, but is there a FTSE index tracker that I can take long and short positions on intraday?
I've been using the demo of IG trading spreadbetting tool, but their FTSE index markets are based on the futures prices, which often differ markedly from the actual quoted FTSE 100 price.
Eg last Monday's (12 sept) opening price for the FTSE was 6776, but the price available on IG at 08:00 was 6689.
Is there a way I can get exposure to the actual FTSE opening price via a spreadbet?

My understanding of the Ig trading FTSE prices are that they're based on FTSE futures, and that the futures prices will be close to the index price throughout the LSE trading hours but then diverge after the LSE close, so it can be quite far from the FTSE open by 8am the next morning.
Is that right?

Thanks
Stephen

Hi Stephen -

I don't use IG but I have an SB account with LCG, and I can at least tell you of the complications inherent. The LCG FTSE100 market is available to trade from 2300 Sunday evening right through to 2200 Friday evening. There are suspensions of access (these are not shown on the charts, not even on the 1-minute time-frame), especially around the London open at 0800 Monday-Friday, when you can place, adjust or cancel orders but you can't open or close positions. On top of that, the LCG daily FTSE100 chart for a Monday has an open at 2200 Sunday, and its close is at 2200 Monday. 2100-2200 Sunday is also reflected as a daily bar. Don't forget the SB chart may be derived from either mid-prices, halfway between the bid and offer and bid prices: I don't know which IG use. Don't forget the spread also changes, and this won't show show up on the SB chart: the LCG bid-offer spread on the FTSE100 daily is 1pt during London trading but is, at 2158 Tuesday 5pts. Do not depend on the SB chart for TA.

PS: Its 2200 and all LCG trading is suspended on all their markets: this is a nightly feature. I bet IG have similar arrangements.

Another example: this morning's 8am opening price for the FTSE 100 was 6710, but the FTSE 100 "daily funded bet" was at 6770

obviously the price drifted from the friday 4:30pm close price, based on the price of the FTSE futures market, but does anyone know if there is any market that would give me access to the official FTSE 100 open price?

or are there other markets where the quoted price is a closer match to the official open price?

What do you need to trade the exact cash price. It is all relative. In regards to going long and short an Index ( not a tracker) at the same time try www.FXCM.com as they do not charge you double if you trade equal amounts in the opposite direction at the same time. There is no charge for hedging.