FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

Hi,

I've been lurking a bit, reading this thread with interest and recently started trading DAX intraday.

There are obviously some people who have been trading successfully since the thread was started in March.

May I ask how many points you expect to make per day trading DAX? I'm aiming for 40. Curious to know if others (Dentist007 et al) are achieving similar magnitude or significantly different, e.g. 4 or 400 points.

Thanks in advance,

Sideways Sid

Hi,

I've been lurking a bit, reading this thread with interest and recently started trading DAX intraday.

There are obviously some people who have been trading successfully since the thread was started in March.

May I ask how many points you expect to make per day trading DAX? I'm aiming for 40. Curious to know if others (Dentist007 et al) are achieving similar magnitude or significantly different, e.g. 4 or 400 points.

Thanks in advance,

Sideways Sid

Great question Sid, I am keen to know the answers also. Personally, In my plan I am looking to average 100 per week

Hi,

Thanks in advance,

Sideways Sid

Every day is different. Most days I will be content with 50 points. IF you've got support and resistance lines perfectly then a minimum of 100 points.

However never aim for a set number of points per day. .. It doesn't work like that you'll find yourself chasing trads that don't exist

Good luck

Every day is different. Most days I will be content with 50 points. IF you've got support and resistance lines perfectly then a minimum of 100 points.

However never aim for a set number of points per day. .. It doesn't work like that you'll find yourself chasing trads that don't exist

Good luck

Thanks DaxSlut. I understand your caution, and should have been more clear. My backtesting is showing just over 40 points per day for the last 20 trading days. I will not be using that as a target.

It is comforting that the level of profit that my backtesting is showing is being achieved by another trader.

Everyone has different targets - i find that it's probably best not to have one - rather it's kind of intuitive to know when the day is done / no opportunities.

The best opportunities are in the premarket and right at the open, also US open can be very good.

other than that, it's pretty difficult - at least for me anyway.

Thanks ChronicTrader.

I need to get to grips with the pre-open. Trading a 15-min chart at the moment, so need to use a different methodology.

which way ??

24o64cn.gif

10080-100 pump and dump may stir some interest but I'm still convinced that 2017 is a brick wall.

Needs to go down a bit (2007 or your 'cyan' at 2005 ) to tempt the old grannies into buying

these inputs on 15 min chart showing that there has been a pullback
2017 area res
and 2006 supp area
then 2003 breakout
then the 1970-2000 area of prev supp

2earo8h.gif

Time to quit for today a pretty good day .... 100% success rate : +153 points . Except the one trade I let B/E.

Anything from here on is chasing / greediness. Closing platform, will not trade this evening either.

Good luck gents

Time to quit for today a pretty good day .... 100% success rate : +153 points . Except the one trade I let B/E.

Anything from here on is chasing / greediness. Closing platform, will not trade this evening either.

Good luck gents

153 points! Excellent!

I made a small loss today - need to tweak my methodology!