FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

spx
15frk07.gif

we either break higher or bull test

Down we go and I missed it. Missed entry to short 10093 whilst twiddling my thumbs and giving it serious consideration. 15 min DAX doesn't look like a buy to me

Have I now missed short 10080 as I write ? :)

Have a great weekend gents

dax in the sweet spot

2n6xhew.gif

2 months of data..close plot end of day
10089 is breakout area on that chart...there now
An excellent week
We nailed the bullish momentum from last weekend
Bears hardly got a look in
We could pullback from the res area we nailed yesterday

spx in a massive area of horizontal res
Seems about the right area for a pullback
Bulls were hanging in there yesterday
Possible profit taking next week
Earnings season....

Attachments

• ScreenShot018.gif
    ScreenShot018.gif
    111.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
dowsp...
we said last weekend the dow had a possible target of 17100 area
it opened at 16440 area on Sunday night
high was 17120 area
700 point rally
nailed...
16000 at NFP...1100 point plus rally on dow since

35d2duh.png

Dax starting to look tricky round these areas, particularly 10200-220 area.

Areas of interest going into next week:

Still think we've got a major way to go before this malarky is all over. Rumblings of war =/

Morning all, I'm new here. 24 year old grad looking to make some extra income off trading (I love it so much more than my day job). Looking to get into trading full time i.e be able to quit work one day. I'm up £700 net since I started in Jan (don't trade too often and only put positions when I see opportunities). Only trade the major european indices too Dax, FTSE and a bit of Euro Stoxx. Currently have a short position on FTSE @ 7050. Really want to use this thread to learn as well.

This was my very first post in here a few months back. Haha how times have changed :LOL:

a couple of areas above chronics 10113 area highlighted
10184-10207
10274-10295
needs to stay above 10k..imho
the upmove fromNFP looks a bit overbought...that does not mean its a screamin short

Attachments

• ScreenShot025.gif
    ScreenShot025.gif
    109.1 KB · Views: 82
chart shows movement since Monday 7 am
does not look too bearish

14n3b61.gif

bears got kicked
one tradeable pullback/red...the rest were just quick impulse moves off resistance

spx
trend since Monday 7am
bears got no real tradeable pullback..only a few impulsive moves off res

2ngr9nc.gif

no real sign of a top or any real bearish activity

an excellent week looming
spx and dax in or about to enter areas of big horizontal res
will the bears let the bulls take it higher ??
or do the bulls get tested
that is what we want...volatility/indecision

market internals...bullish per cent on spx at 50...this was a prev supp in July.That support got taken out in August/China news
prev supp could be res....
No guarantees....lol

Last edited:
Hi Guys :)

We live in fascinating times (y)

SPX - Weekly & Daily chart with Pivot Points

The bullish momentum continues and I think the horns yield strong force to shift the SPX higher. Technically we equaled previous high at 2022 approx., and big question will 2000 hold and continue up North? My feeling based on chart indicators and season of the year and with some good data, why not?

First target 2026 which is PP-R1 and then PP-R2 @ 2040. I think we'll stall here and come back for a test of support.

In fact anywhere between 2030-40 is likely to be strong resistance with pull backs. So big battle lines are drawn and trench warfare will ensue.

On the down-side if 2000 pyscho level fails to hold - then it's back to the drawing board and we are probably looking at PP-S1 & PP-S2 at 1980s, 1960s & 1950s again.

One other thought - market moved sideways for best part of summer between 2120s and 2040s this year. Thinking we'll see similar moves in the fight for 2000 level with an extended sideways move before testing lower 1500-1700s again. Maybe 3-6 months. This is just a long term view on market move.

Thinking, current range likely to be 1930-2030.

Attachments

• SPX_W_151011.GIF
    SPX_W_151011.GIF
    29.6 KB · Views: 108
  • SPX_D_151011.GIF
    SPX_D_151011.GIF
    39.7 KB · Views: 105
DAX - Weekly & Daily chart with Pivot Points

There is more trepidation in the DAX bulls than spx but RSI doesn't look over-bought so feel the same in that momentum in the markets will continue. Similarly, feeling that 10000 and 10100 levels should hold and we continue to first target

PP-R1 @ 10163 and then
PP-R2 @ 10237

Based on what happens to the spx and the 2030-40 levels 10364 may be bridge too far as it also likely to coincide with the sloping GANN fan R line.

Can't see it making HH's and so a big question mark hangs over HH/LH ? level. For now bullish momentum continues imo.

On the downside we have PP-S1 @ 9963 if PP @ 10036 & 10000 psycho level fails to hold.

Attachments

• DAX_W_151011.GIF
    DAX_W_151011.GIF
    30 KB · Views: 104
  • DAX_D_151011.GIF
    DAX_D_151011.GIF
    48.1 KB · Views: 78
20kssns.png

Dax since February...till now - longer term view.

Again, I'm still learning Elliot Wave theory - only really properly starter this weekend :confused: so bear with me.

Bigger picture view: Dax is clearly coiling for another move not too sure when but it's clear on the charts. Our move down on Friday was a completion of wave 5 from move from FOMC (see 4 hr chart). Looks like we have an ABC correction now. A has been completed when we got our rally on Friday. And B started towards the close of the US session when we got Dentists sell off. I'd like to see a C move to that area marked in yellow - 10149-10432 area which would give us a completion of wave 4 in a flat correction from wave 3 on the daily (correct if wrong here) for the final move down to 8500 - 8920 area (wave 5). Looks like 2be has that area marked too.

Still learning EW - bear with me.

Update on the wave / count i'm tracking - sorry to take up your screens..:sneaky: We've moved into the yellow zone as per had marked. Personally looking for a swing lower, not gonna spreadbet this but ETF put option this on a small amount - will just use my SB account to day trade it. 10260 area is an area of interest. Let's see what happens, we could have a new low by the beginning of next week (not tomorrow)

2hxlrnd.png

Good luck to all.

Gold market weekly buy setup

Buy at the breakout of max of next Friday?

Attachments

• gold-w.jpg
    gold-w.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 90