FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

bounce expected from oversold position over 200 pips from 9300. would not be surprise to see 9680 on dax before further selling resumes. bulls need to turn up, potential for double bottom if they do.

SPX levels 1870/80 levels identified week ago as downside targets. bounce to previous resistance, failure to do so could well see move to 1800/30 area where low would be formed for a decent rally.

1 minute is still bullish...just

211vrl.gif

Is anyone trading the DAX on FXCM Marketscope spreadbetting account(GER30)? If so could I ask you to look at the 5m candle at 1405 and let me know what the highest value on the ask was? Once again, I've been stopped out to the pip only to see the trade then shoot through my target. It makes you wonder if spreads are manipulated to individuals. Cheers

Hi Donjovi,

The prices on your platform are the same as for other FXCM clients. You can confirm this by setting up a free demo account and seeing the prices quoted there for the time in question.

From personal experience, I understand how frustrating it can be to get stopped out on a trade only to see the market turn back in the direction you wanted, but there is nothing deliberate on FXCM's part in this.

IG tells me H9580.6 L9567.6 ... Spread is 1 point so the ask should be 9580.1....

Then again I don't trust IG either so never use a stop :clap:

Many thanks for that, that is what I had. Interesting what you say about IG because only once was I taken out to the pip but, with FXCM, it seems to be happening quite often. I'll have to review my stops.
Once again, many thanks.

You may be interested to know that FXCM offers special stop order functionality through two custom indicators for Trading Station called Bid-Triggered Buy and Ask-Triggered-Sell.

With Bid-Triggered Buy, the buy order is triggered by the bid price but gets filled at the ask price. Bid-Triggered Buy can be used as an alternative to traditional stops for short positions which are triggered by the ask price.

Similarly, the Ask-Triggered Sell can be used as a stop for long positions. The reason a trader might want such order types is to avoid having an order triggered by the spread widening which can occur during news events or the New York Close.

I've attached both special order types to this post in a zip file called Opposite Stop.

Attachments

• Opposite_stop.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 68
dax
into the open
5 min data over last 48 hours
horizontal res looming
latest breakout looks a tad overdone...moved away from green trendline

2qn2nuv.gif