FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

Looks like it's turning up to 2113. Bulls running out of steam again. Need to be fed.

See more reds than green on those squares.

All three charts need to make HHs. Otherwise take profits day tomorrow imo.

Yes strached the short. Took small long in Brent, scalp the bounce

Looks like it's turning up to 2113. Bulls running out of steam again. Need to be fed.

See more reds than green on those squares.

All three charts need to make HHs. Otherwise take profits day tomorrow imo.

Spx to 2113 would mean dax to shoot past 11300

Spx to 2113 would mean dax to shoot past 11300

Well at times like this wouldn't like to make a call as RSI is at around 50 and price is in no-where land. I mean like it's not at PP or R1 or S1 etc. Just mid-way.

It's the end of the day. Leave well alone I'd say. If they were extended at PP/R/S points maybe.

As for DAX it made a LH around 11300 and tanked to 11140 and bounced back up to PP. So well behaved today indeed.

Don't know what it'll do now. No opinion which is rare...

Means Fish n Chips, Heineken and a movie. (y)

Well at times like this wouldn't like to make a call as RSI is at around 50 and price is in no-where land. I mean like it's not at PP or R1 or S1 etc. Just mid-way.

It's the end of the day. Leave well alone I'd say. If they were extended at PP/R/S points maybe.

As for DAX it made a LH around 11300 and tanked to 11140 and bounced back up to PP. So well behaved today indeed.

Don't know what it'll do now. No opinion which is rare...

Means Fish n Chips, Heineken and a movie. (y)

don't tempt me :confused:

This is a very good and informative thread,thanks guys!
I'm a long time lurker,I make money trading Dax and this is how I do it..
For some reason,and don't ask me why because I don't know,Italy seems to lead Dax.
Not every time,but enuf to make money...so at the open i check Italy and key off that for the day.
Dax is much more volatile than Italy but if no big sell off there u can long Dax on the dips or vice versa and will be ok.

This is a very good and informative thread,thanks guys!
I'm a long time lurker,I make money trading Dax and this is how I do it..
For some reason,and don't ask me why because I don't know,Italy seems to lead Dax.
Not every time,but enuf to make money...so at the open i check Italy and key off that for the day.
Dax is much more volatile than Italy but if no big sell off there u can long Dax on the dips or vice versa and will be ok.
sounds good..all stuff is welcome

60 min dax

t9ab9l.gif

11317 is horizontal res area /pink
trend is aT 11338/CHRONICS AREA
NOTE THE SIGNAL AT GREEN TRENDLINE..not sure how important
that was a bearish signal...but could have been a fake

same inputs..but we plot the close
price is rangebound

200zkt4.gif

11358 is trend res from this chart
11176 is horizontal supp

spx in a prime area for a trap
a break above 2112 and then a fade
check to see that the break above 2112 is supported
2119 above/horizontal res
last signal was bearish
2105 is supp area

ụtụtụ ọma - (Igbo - love this one :) - Igbo people, historically spelled "Ibo", are an ethnic group of southeastern Nigeria. They speak Igbo, which includes various Igboid languages and dialects.)

DAX - Daily - PP Levels

We are above the PP level and heading for PP-R1 @ 11334 so looking bullish for the morning session.

Just coming off 11300 but momentum looks good so 11317-334 looks like a good target range to aim for at the mo.

PP-R1 @ 11334
PP is @ 11235 and
PP-S1 @ 11160

So expecting this to be the range to play today.

4H Charts show if we do get bullish then 11410 might act as key R area also.

fwiw - continue to favour shorts scalps on DAX.

Attachments

• DAX_D_150731_0823.GIF
    DAX_D_150731_0823.GIF
    44.6 KB · Views: 58
  • DAX_4H_150731_0839.GIF
    DAX_4H_150731_0839.GIF
    28.1 KB · Views: 45
SPX - Daily - PP levels

Clearly SPX is moving sideways. PP seems to be mid-point to state the obvious around 2104 / 2100 mark. Zeros always significant levels too.

More I look at the charts more neutral I become. As we are above PP would expect it to try for 2115. However, in short TF RSI and MACD showing different stages. RSI petering out MACD just getting going. Either way think it will test 2115 or even 2121 before easing off for the weekend.

I'm lacking conviction in these rises and like a scratched record repeating it self I favour the dark side. (n)

Charts all guess work. Simply numbers to aim at... When it plays out man becomes a legend and gets very rich. Funny World dat init? :LOL:

(y)

Attachments

• SPX_D_150731_0852.GIF
    SPX_D_150731_0852.GIF
    39.5 KB · Views: 50
  • SPX_4H_150731_0858.GIF
    SPX_4H_150731_0858.GIF
    38.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited: