FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

DOW setting-up nicely for shorts... at 18480-18500 zone...

first target 18200 and then 17900

Attachments

• DOW_20MATV1.jpg
    DOW_20MATV1.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 87
DAX still hanging around the same resistance level as yesterday... pop or drop??? we will see...if breaks up then will confirm the trend change.... and we will see solid rally in next couple of week...

If failed to break then test of 11200 again and allow my 10,000 call keep breathing....:LOL:

Attachments

• DAX_20MAYV1.jpg
    DAX_20MAYV1.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 96
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...lande-urge-greek-talks-hasten-to-end-may-deal
Carnot believe Varoufakis words, hope he does not ride his bike in that state!

In the absence of key areas of reform;

1. Taxation (key)
2. Pension (secondary subject to taxes collected)
3. Privatisation of inefficient and over paid public sector

A. It is not in the interest of the EU to continue bailing out Greece.

B. It is not in the interest of the Greek people to continue servicing debt which can not be paid off, but will continue to increase.

In no concessions from the Greek side, then they will leave. I think that Mr Game theory really should wake up and understand this is not a game.

Clear logical choice imo. I hope they opt for concessions and reform and thus stay in. (y)

Reactions: 2be
morning, after getting my dummy from the floor & climbing back in the pram I realised I went a tad awal on itspossible yesterday, I sent him a message to say as much, so we're sharing a pram again.

I think it would be good for the thread to have some new guys jumping on board if they are on the sidelines & have a view (no multi-nics.....& no not a dig at anyone), it's a crackin' thread started by Jessi, we all know roughly what our approaches are, it's helped me massively, I combine my rather shall I shan't I "over thinking the price level" approach with other more black & white approaches from others.

I'm personally not in the least bit concerned about how many points someones bagged, but the approaches are good good to share.

Just a thought to anyone looking in

^ Read that people, we are only on this thread to make us more money, nothing else. Exchanging our ideas and live calls openly and transparently will help us all to make more of that money. This isn't a contest for who's top dog - because nobody gives a fck. If we're all making more mooolah, who cares who's the best while we're sitting on tropical beaches with pina coladas trading from our phones?

Just did a quick pivot table of where most of my losses are coming from...Dow has pretty much taken 50% of my losses. Time to stop trading Dow for me then

^ Read that people, we are only on this thread to make us more money, nothing else. Exchanging our ideas and live calls openly and transparently will help us all to make more of that money. This isn't a contest for who's top dog - because nobody gives a fck. If we're all making more mooolah, who cares who's the best while we're sitting on tropical beaches with pina coladas trading from our phones?

(y) Amen to that !! & I promise no more dummy spitting (itspossible's pictures are bl@@dy funny to be fair)

Last edited:
I know there are so many hidden gems out here, they just come and quietly make money and go home...

One I discovered HH... hardly speaks anything...

Just did a quick pivot table of where most of my losses are coming from...Dow has pretty much taken 50% of my losses. Time to stop trading Dow for me then

I took some good advise from other guys on here... 3 strikes your out, I stop if my reading of the pa is off whack to the point I feel I'm I'm being lead into the chase, & always pause if I take a loss.

I only do Dax, but I reckon all pa is pretty much the same inc Dow

I know there are so many hidden gems out here, they just come and quietly make money and go home...

One I discovered HH... hardly speaks anything...[/QU

Hi Jessi, many people have time constraints, also people (myself included) do not want to make themselves look a d!ck........so maybe I'll consider that when I reach for the Dummy ;)

On that note, Lunch, well overdue

It is good to see you back

I took some good advise from other guys on here... 3 strikes your out, I stop if my reading of the pa is off whack to the point I feel I'm I'm being lead into the chase, & always pause if I take a loss.

I only do Dax, but I reckon all pa is pretty much the same inc Dow

Yes agreed. But i've found that since being on this forum my views are much much shorter i.e I'd normally take a 2 week view and hold - regardless (unless it got too much) - it was a very profitable strategy for me.

All of my profits have in fact come from the European indices - going to just stick to those now. Live and you learn. I'm still well in profit overall after only 3 months., no harm in trying strategies! :smart:

Yes agreed. But i've found that since being on this forum my views are much much shorter i.e I'd normally take a 2 week view and hold - regardless (unless it got too much) - it was a very profitable strategy for me.

All of my profits have in fact come from the European indices - going to just stick to those now. Live and you learn. I'm still well in profit overall after only 3 months., no harm in trying strategies! :smart:

blimey !! 2 weeks, I'm lucky for a 20 min hold ;) ....I might take 2 weeks to make a decision though ..... in ? out ? carrot ? trap ? up there ? down there ? it's gonna take them out first, then dart down there, then I'm in on the way.........brain aneurysm anybody ??

Some regulars seem to have it sorted on that score, criteria met ? yes ? in....criteria met ? no ? out

If you are in profit overall after 3 months, spot on

I became very overconfident & blew my stack upping the ante, funnily & true enough, that was a 3 month period. good luck this afternoon :)

id prefer long term trades that go for days or weeks, that would mean less work and less stress, but the stops you'd have to put for those ranges are more than what my account could hold, so short term it is until things grow