FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

+
i trade only on 1 minute data..
and
tick charts for dax premarket and the first 60 min of the open

It makes sense for a pro like yourself n trading full-time.

When i was trading for ubs, i use 1, 3, 5 n 15 min charts with the 1 sec data for n better pricing execution.

Actually am keen on trying the Wyckoff ticks program. it seems to work well.
where did u buy it off from?

Konnichiwa Tokyojoe-san! ha ha ha kin el, that made me laugh out loud.

Crackin' post earlier re Dax being tricky etc, spot on.

I do think scalping skills are an absolute must on the 1 min, even practice on the 1 second/1 tick, so MA is quite right to become used to it, but purely for high probability entries, we all want the runners/outliers, the risk has to be assessed, but too much scalping leads to overtrading imho, my eye is always on the bigger picture these days.

But concentrating too much on the 1 min gives me eyeball ache & tension headache.......

......and.....breathe !!

Konnichiwa Tokyojoe-san! ha ha ha kin el, that made me laugh out loud.

Crackin' post earlier re Dax being tricky etc, spot on.

I do think scalping skills are an absolute must on the 1 min, even practice on the 1 second/1 tick, so MA is quite right to become used to it, but purely for high probability entries, we all want the runners/outliers, the risk has to be assessed, but too much scalping leads to overtrading imho, my eye is always on the bigger picture these days.

But concentrating too much on the 1 min gives me eyeball ache & tension headache.......

......and.....breathe !!

Arigatoo gozaimasu Tokyojoe-san!

I agree. ON some days when the market is trending nicely, i feel trigger happy and execute more than 50 scalping trades and i'd look like a beatup Pokemon at the end of it. atm, im trying to rest my eyes n treading carefully looking to buy on dips for value.

Anyway, Its great to see this thread getting livelier now. ;)

Arigatoo gozaimasu Tokyojoe-san!

I agree. ON some days when the market is trending nicely, i feel trigger happy and execute more than 50 scalping trades and i'd look like a beatup Pokemon at the end of it. atm, im trying to rest my eyes n treading carefully looking to buy on dips for value.

Anyway, Its great to see this thread getting livelier now. ;)

Doitashima****e, (sorry, I had to reply with that, when I looked up "your welcome" in japanese & ****e came up...well it had to be done).

Totally get that re trending nicely angle, It's a bloody menace when not on form & end up forcing a position, mainly due to time with me, 3 hour window morning & afternoon is a tall ask of yourself, I expect many experienced 10 year plus guys to say b@ll@cks, you only need 15 mins blah blah blah, well thats tosh, coz it rinses & it grinds & if you miss your slot, well, good luck chasing.

Anyway good luck monday (J or not) you've got the eye.;)

Trading the Dax is tricky. The Dax is what i would i would term as a treacherous bitch lol. Just when u think u understand it, it drops and bites u. And sometimes no good reason it rallies like fast n furious. Before i delve into a DAx trade, i skim through the general news just to get an idea what themes are generally at play and see which theme is influencing that market. Then I'd analyse how that theme would affect the market's direction for the day. INtraday, i use the economic calendar as a guide to see whether the estimates would be positive or negative. Then , i would delve into the technicals to identify the psychological support n resistance levels i would trade. i.e buying volume depths, fibonaccis, rsi, dojis.

The key to a successful trading strategy on pullbacks is screen time. Many of my ex-colleagues who are succesful hedge fund traders will attest to that. Of course, there are many styles and different types of traders who are comfortable with their own techniques. Successful profitable trading is a journey where you would have to find one that best sticks with your level of expertise, time, character and your lifestyle. Good luck to all. I wish all in this thread happy profitable trading!

Thanks for that, appreciate the input.

I am not trading pull backs on the DAX, I have just had several trades go against me recently in a row that entered my entry on the high/lows from yesterday, pulled back to my stop loss and then push on in my original direction a few minutes later. Typical right? haha.

Doitashima****e, (sorry, I had to reply with that, when I looked up "your welcome" in japanese & ****e came up...well it had to be done).

Totally get that re trending nicely angle, It's a bloody menace when not on form & end up forcing a position, mainly due to time with me, 3 hour window morning & afternoon is a tall ask of yourself, I expect many experienced 10 year plus guys to say b@ll@cks, you only need 15 mins blah blah blah, well thats tosh, coz it rinses & it grinds & if you miss your slot, well, good luck chasing.

Anyway good luck monday (J or not) you've got the eye.;)

Hai Tokyojoe-san doozo yoroshiku itashima****e! (it means yes. youre most welcome)

Well i thought for a moment from your Nick handle u were an English bloke working or living in Tokyo (or are u not ;))

As the saying goes, the trend is your friend. The market, being a manifestation of hopes and fears, is so dynamic. Trading with a 15min window is crazy in my view, I have been burnt more often than not and lost more than an arm and a leg trading in such windows.
To each his own i suppose but i believe in doing gd ole research before i risk my hard earned money into a market with odds heavily pitched against me. Doing my homework and making sense with the TA is a great leveller. With that done, i can trade the pre-market and be out in say 15mins into the open. But in my mind, why stop there? Unless of course, if ive hit may daily target and got my main job cut out for me. Otherwise, ill scalp till my eyes go :eek: lol

yeah... im calling it a day and going off to sleep( Its 3.15am here:sleep:) Gonna be catching Avengers for the 2nd time at a premium Gold Class cinema and drowning on prosecco n nachos.

U have a good weekend fellas. Mahalo e nui loa :cool:

care with shorts
dow 5 min data shows the trend that started on thursday morning.it could pullback ..quite a strong trend showing/minimal recoil so far

2v99jsz.gif

here is where we are with the dax
a recoil in a downtrend
it could push higher to those res areas or we pullback and bulls get tested
some fierce moves /long columns..so direction is a bit uncertain

rs7zgj.gif

12 k possibly on the cards

care with shorts
dow 5 min data shows the trend that started on thursday morning.it could pullback ..quite a strong trend showing/minimal recoil so far

I done a bit of analysis on Friday and it seems like in the run up to NFP day the DOW rallies - it's been pretty consistent with this trend for the past 8 or so NFP numbers. Even last month's one when it disappointed. Methinks this is just another one of those rallies. We should see consolidation at this level and then probably a sell off. If it can find support at the 18200 mark, it may set a new record but I highly doubt it will..

Yeah
some nfp s ..the following week.there is a change iin trend
thinking that bond yields could dictate direction
who knows

here is where we are with the dax
a recoil in a downtrend
it could push higher to those res areas or we pullback and bulls get tested
some fierce moves /long columns..so direction is a bit uncertain

rs7zgj.gif

12 k possibly on the cards

Upward momentum seems likely. I'll only enter after the ECB announcement in a couple of min. If positive it would test the 61.8% fib level at 11741.40 on the daily chart. :cool:

http://marketchartpattern.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/DY0-iPattern-May-10-0203-AM-1-day_HA.png

Last edited:
Dow Jones Industrial broke out of the pannent formation presented by the pink dashed lines on the chart below, to the upside last Friday. It is a pretty strong candle. Dow Jones Industrial is only 30 stocks and the index is price weighted where as the S&P 500 includes 500 stocks and the index is market value weighted. So there is a fundamental difference the way two indices present the information. It appears the index could reach the highs of 18483 as the next target.

http://marketchartpattern.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/DOWI-iPattern-May-10-1149-AM-1-day.png

I done a bit of analysis on Friday and it seems like in the run up to NFP day the DOW rallies - it's been pretty consistent with this trend for the past 8 or so NFP numbers. Even last month's one when it disappointed. Methinks this is just another one of those rallies. We should see consolidation at this level and then probably a sell off. If it can find support at the 18200 mark, it may set a new record but I highly doubt it will..

Agree. Bought Long DOW @ 18158. TP 18200

Last edited: