FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

Does anybody else look at the market in this way ? I know the thread is quiet but I am getting no feedback, therefore will assume silence speaks volumes.

I could post charts with lines & crystal ball predictions, or say the market went here 100 points there 100 points after the event, but I'm trying to talk about the event as it unfolds.

I am actually giving insight into one of my strategies. But maybe I should not bother.

Does anybody else look at the market in this way ? I know the thread is quiet but I am getting no feedback, therefore will assume silence speaks volumes.

I could post charts with lines & crystal ball predictions, or say the market went here 100 points there 100 points after the event, but I'm trying to talk about the event as it unfolds.

I am actually giving insight into one of my strategies. But maybe I should not bother.

Sorry mate it's just not my area of expertise, this 'market has a mind' stuff so I didn't have anything sensible to say. But I have been reading it. It's actually quite interesting.

Gonna look at the charts and may short the dow after this lool

There is about a month's worth of res where it spiked up to, and bears are still saying thou shalt not pass!

c3de87bdbfbfdcd7c43b5284e598908c.png

Could be a good short if you like medium term trades.

Sorry mate it's just not my area of expertise, this 'market has a mind' stuff so I didn't have anything sensible to say. But I have been reading it. It's actually quite interesting.

Apologies MA if that was strong, you made a big effort on your live trade thread, but I was unable to view it live as usually I don't focus on the forum at all if I can help it during trading hours, but it was a good idea none the less. Yesterday & today I thought I'd chip in.

The main problem with these forums is ego's.

I'll leave it today, broke a golden rule, good luck if you are trading the last part of the day mate.

You weren't strong and I hope you don't stop.

Yeah this thread has gone quiet recently, Jessi is MIA and everyone has been split in to 2 threads with his enemies on the other one.

RadinSG was a promising contributer, I think the more people post, the more it will encourage people to do so. So I'll post my crap here more in the hope it brings better people out of the woodwork.

Tbh I work at the same time as I trade. With all due respect, not everyone has time to be glued to a screen screenshotting charts. That said though, I've documented my losses on here when wrong but I do see your point. Anyway, let's not argue and just focus on the main purpose of the thread

I'm off to pick up the niece & nephew from school. Will be back in a couple of hours for the rest of the trading day, maybe looking at 1min dow scalps.

You weren't strong and I hope you don't stop.

Yeah this thread has gone quiet recently, Jessi is MIA and everyone has been split in to 2 threads with his enemies on the other one.

RadinSG was a promising contributer, I think the more people post, the more it will encourage people to do so. So I'll post my crap here more in the hope it brings better people out of the woodwork.

Aloha guys! Sorry i been MIA for a couple of days. Been on the road a lot lately. As may know, Singapore is hosting the Southeast Asian(SEA) Games in Singapore. My company is involved in part for the management of some areas. Kinda of a milestone project for me. I miss the forum and have been following the good trades i.e the Dax & Dow tank.

Lately, i was trading up making position trades(like 50 units) and buying on the lows for the DAX, as 2be puts it, its gonna hit 12000 mark.

Looking forward to the promising NFP to make a nice killing n short from there. Monday's as usual is gonna be correction day.

BTW, Thanks myAttitude for the compliment!:p

Anyone trading yesterday high / low breaks recently on the DAX, DOW & S&P500? Have you seen any success with this method over the past 2 weeks? Seems like they pull back every time recently?

so does it first gun for the 11500 longs to TP before carrying on up ? or take out (or shake) the weak 11600 shorts first ?

Im looking at the 11685 and 11700 level to go in short. Tp at around 100 pts at least or wait till mon for the bigger correction

Anyone trading yesterday high / low breaks recently on the DAX, DOW & S&P500? Have you seen any success with this method over the past 2 weeks? Seems like they pull back every time recently?

A lot of people including me have made a good bit if youre talking abt the last 2 weeks. A pullback or correction is normal and healthy for day or medium term traders like me. If youre a scalper, u would have definitely made. I prefer to ride the trends and clock in the 100 pips or so.

Hi Hollin, I place great emphasis on the high low cash hours (not 24hs) & close of previous day, but any level, trendlines, S/R lines etc are just simply a reference point to me, nothing more.

But the high low points do often seem like they are magnet, very good for trading off of on some days, but more over it acts as a very easy bear/bull signal imho

When it falls below the low of previous cash, things often very nasty

A lot of people including me have made a good bit if youre talking abt the last 2 weeks. A pullback or correction is normal and healthy for day or medium term traders like me. If youre a scalper, u would have definitely made. I prefer to ride the trends and clock in the 100 pips or so.

Yea, but I'm talking about on the first break,i've noticed every time it pulls back down 10/20 points after breaking yesterdays high / low, then it continue with the move... I've been burnt recently from it trading the German 30 Rolling Daily.

It's a simple system that works. I'm glad your finding success in it too. I like setting order limits in the market at these levels to trigger. Just getting hit by the pull backs... Any advice?

Hi Hollin, I place great emphasis on the high low cash hours (not 24hs) & close of previous day, but any level, trendlines, S/R lines etc are just simply a reference point to me, nothing more.

But the high low points do often seem like they are magnet, very good for trading off of on some days, but more over it acts as a very easy bear/bull signal imho

When it falls below the low of previous cash, things often very nasty

Hi Tokyojoe,

So do I, when they break they usually influence the trading move for for the next hour or so and usually get a strong movement in your favour. I have these trades in place every morning and then I trade intraday. Just recently, my orders have had a series of bad luck.

Im looking at the 11685 and 11700 level to go in short. Tp at around 100 pts at least or wait till mon for the bigger correction

Hi Radin, just seen this, I am done for the day. I never trade the last half hour on friday.

But my two pennies worth, (defo waiting for monday aside) but only because I prefer pullback etc, this is breakout territory, so although it might explode up I would not take a trade at this time of the day.

If my bias were to turn short it would only be after a sneaky sell & drop after this little range here.

It's got a coily feel to it atm

I never enter on the dangling carrot anymore

Hi Tokyojoe,

So do I, when they break they usually influence the trading move for for the next hour or so and usually get a strong movement in your favour. I have these trades in place every morning and then I trade intraday. Just recently, my orders have had a series of bad luck.

Hi Holin, I used to place market orders, but I've turned into a conspiracy theorist ;), I just see market orders as basically telling the market my plan for the day.

But please don't think I am right to think that way. As was quite rightly said earlier not everyone can sit in front of the screen, a good point made there.

I also take each hour or time period as it comes, I let Daxy tell me her intentions, I view it in different ways in different situations, but I always try to work out who is in trouble, who's stops does she want first, & I always assume she wants mine first.

Easier said than done this trading milarky.

I'm back, and looking at some 1min dow scalps. PA is very slow so we're only looking at 7-10pt scalps if that.

full disclosure, i got burned a couple of weeks ago as i mentioned in my journal so these live calls i make will be on my demo, i'm using that while I get my mojo back.

first call: short 18192 from that so far solid res of 18200

e92ca051518885018c068b4ea1e12bbb.png