FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

Long trade only if top blue break imo??

otherwise short setup intact.

Attachments

• DAX_17MARV7.jpg
    DAX_17MARV7.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 125
1.30 minutes to go for cash close.. still going down... closing below or near 11900 will indicate some more downside this week....

Also we have FEB day this week and its likely that FED will indicate that they will raise interest rate... and further sell off....

EUR/USD trying to break 10620 might see a decent rally if that breaks...

Attachments

• EURUSD_17MARV1.jpg
    EURUSD_17MARV1.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 122
JPY/USD coming to climax.... its in continuation pattern but might even break down considering FED this week....

Attachments

• JPYUSD_17MARV1.jpg
    JPYUSD_17MARV1.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 107
And here is DOW marching towards 17600 then 17550...

Attachments

• DOW_17MARV2.jpg
    DOW_17MARV2.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 122
mental lessons to note:

1) i didn't wait for that support line to break down but instead just assumed it would. instead i lost out when it broke out of the wedge.
2) when i saw the wedge forming, i didnt get out of the trade just a bit down but instead moved my stop to 0 and hoped it would hit the line. but instead it broke up.

a59dd35f1d1d1baf9cc1eae062d4c8ba.png

silly me but im putting it out there in public to make sure ive learned that lesson.

mental lessons to note:

1) i didn't wait for that support line to break down but instead just assumed it would. instead i lost out when it broke out of the wedge.
2) when i saw the wedge forming, i didnt get out of the trade just a bit down but instead moved my stop to 0 and hoped it would hit the line. but instead it broke up.

silly me but im putting it out there in public to make sure ive learned that lesson.

My 2 cents :cheesy:

if you have noticed the divergence at the bottom in relation to that break... you know where its heading....

Attachments

• DOW_17MARV3.jpg
    DOW_17MARV3.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 125
Hi Tokyojoe,
Markets have worked some entry zones/levels from the price of DAX (or any other instrument) at 8:00 pm GMT ( which is the current close of US session - US is already on Summer Time), when London opened I just followed what the market was printing. The only thing I was in control in relation of that trade was the 22 pips SL, and a slightly premature exit with just above 120 pips. Shortly after my exit I had another short signal based on another simple intra day strategy, I have bailed out with some more pips close to the round number, living another 30 pips on the table, and I am not worried about it at all.
My first trade has been posted on US close private thread.
Happy trading to all,
Having tea break and dog walking,
2be

Hi 2be, thanks for your post, It's good to see you around the threads.
My first post was a 'thank you to all' for all their input & I did mention you in that first post 4 years ago, blimey...4 years, I'm still alive !!

It's slowly clicking together, but I have another main income from a small business, so it's tricky to put as much time into this as I'd like, plus my time outside of this arena is very important, so I'm in no rush.

I'll keep an eye on your US close thread.

Good luck to you all tonight if you are on US watch

Hi 2be, thanks for your post, It's good to see you around the threads.
My first post was a 'thank you to all' for all their input & I did mention you in that first post 4 years ago, blimey...4 years, I'm still alive !!

It's slowly clicking together, but I have another main income from a small business, so it's tricky to put as much time into this as I'd like, plus my time outside of this arena is very important, so I'm in no rush.

I'll keep an eye on your US close thread.

Good luck to you all tonight if you are on US watch

cya tokyojoe

My 2 cents :cheesy:

if you have noticed the divergence at the bottom in relation to that break... you know where its heading....

hmm yeah, i took a sloppy entry unconfirmed entry with a not very tight stop.

second mistake is i didnt want to back out with a smaller loss while i could.

never mind :D