FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

692tqq.png

Levels I'm seeing on the DAX.

If it keeps selling off we'll test resistance @ 11200 level. If it goes past that we'll probably test horizontal resistance 11150 mark. We'll see how it reacts tomorrow - but it sold off more relative to all other indices...

Chronic
Given DAX sudden drop this afternoon, would you expect the FTSE to follow? I'm new to trading but find the DAX often leads the other indices in Europe (limited knowledge like I said)

Chronic
Given DAX sudden drop this afternoon, would you expect the FTSE to follow? I'm new to trading but find the DAX often leads the other indices in Europe (limited knowledge like I said)

If I'm being honest with you, I don't know. I myself am a new trader. But i was surprised that the FTSE didn't sell off as much as well. I think part of the reason it sold off was because of weak numbers in German growth, greece situation and weak US retail sales but that didn't extend to other indices so yh really and truly - I don't know.

Chronic
Very good point and its imperative to be aware of this.You must also look at the dow futures aswell.this can have an effect on the dax and ftse.i also noticed that the dax crashed the other day whilst the ftse moved back abit but remained positive.it was a suprisng move but the markets do catch you out a lot-i suggest using a demo account mate

692tqq.png

Levels I'm seeing on the DAX.

If it keeps selling off we'll test resistance @ 11200 level. If it goes past that we'll probably test horizontal resistance 11150 mark. We'll see how it reacts tomorrow - but it sold off more relative to all other indices...

We marked the 11200 area yday...and resistance was meant to be support =/

that is why we had 11400 area rejected yesterday and this morning
18039 wa the 50% area we had marked on Tuesday premarket
strong areas

move up today
we either pop higher to 11460 even 11500 or test the aqua line..then the green
5 min data
2mfdlrc.gif

Looks like FTSE is going to rally into the close
buy at £1 per point and close when £10 in profit.even if you are wrong its a very low risk trade.its all about picking your risk-low profit but very low risk.
well spotted
//////////it also helps when the dow is very strong at the time of closure/////////

change the plot method..you can see where i have traded from

price has pulled a bit too far away from the trendline

2954cnc.gif

buy at £1 per point and close when £10 in profit.even if you are wrong its a very low risk trade.its all about picking your risk-low profit but very low risk.
well spotted
//////////it also helps when the dow is very strong at the time of closure/////////

Cheers as my first post I didn't want it to go terribly wrong, but it was set up well with Dow in support.