FTSE 100 - May

Here is an interesting view:

"The most important method of wealth accumulation involves being properly positioned for large market movements. It is important to remember that large movements are created essentially by the failure of the majority of investors to anticipate all developments fully and by the consequent reaction en masse tp largely unforeseen events. Substantial price movements simply cannot occur if everybody is getting the market right all of the time."

Tony Plummer :Forecasting Financial Markets

mully said:
Here is an interesting view:

"The most important method of wealth accumulation involves being properly positioned for large market movements. It is important to remember that large movements are created essentially by the failure of the majority of investors to anticipate all developments fully and by the consequent reaction en masse tp largely unforeseen events. Substantial price movements simply cannot occur if everybody is getting the market right all of the time."

Tony Plummer :Forecasting Financial Markets

This site is very good at that sort of thing. Herdatthecurb

His e-newsletter is good for the big moves. He called the recent top in bonds VERY well.

Anyway, It's worth a look.

C

Sharkfin,

It is one way to keep fit. ;)

There are downsides: :eek:

Lots of fairy story acting/playing by the little gang to copy Mummy
Occasionally, and I stress occasionally, I have been known to take part.
Not good for the street credibility.
But try refusing a 3/4/8 year old request!

Last edited:
Mully
Rich Dad Poor Dad has changed my thoughts on schooling! My son's only 18mths so I figure I need to get him running Bollingers before he starts nursery.
Thanks to whoever tipped Reminiscences of a Stock Operator (Mully was it you?). Haven't been so gripped since Liar's Poker.

FTSE 100 current breakline still holding :arrowu:

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    23.4 KB · Views: 189
probably going to regret it but just taken mine off the table. Its all looking a bit messy and stop would have to be near entry (1 day ma) and often the data trys to stop out the longs so maybe I will get a nother chance. If not I will just wait for the next entry

Last edited:
ok ive got another labourghini pattern but 1 Ive never had two in a row before and 2 I dont think I have had one with the "gul wings" pointing down. However worth posting just too highlight the two lines of resistance. . If it breaks to the upside we have a completed h&S

Attachments

• dertw.GIF
    dertw.GIF
    63.2 KB · Views: 191
grrrrrrrrr...true but like the contach better :) Gull Wings were also a make of skateboarding trucks if there are any 80s and 90s teenagers out there

attempting to break the bottom line. below the 1 day, macd rollover but still above zero, stochs pointing down, US futures on the down. rsi hitting oversold on 5 min chart but usual is false first go...

a/d looks ok but ive only got delayed from Ample

Last edited:
it found as much support as the FTSE ios likely to find intraday so its now or never in my book.

Hows the wave count looking?

bonsai

Gap filling - Hooya has kindly explained

Hooya

Gull wings - Delorean! Hope yours are more reliable.

mully

kiss principle - what is it?

There appeared to be a lot of waving going on earlier today. I find it rather confusing, how reliable is it.?

Regards

bracke

"There appeared to be a lot of waving going on earlier today. I find it rather confusing, how reliable is it.?"

when you get to BOnsai and few other's standard it can be very useful. My standard it probably caused more hastle than its worth :)

bracke

the answer rather depends on how well read up you are on the subject

not for beginners though