• Hooya101.GIF
    Hooya101.GIF
    65.2 KB · Views: 175
I have been nobbled by someone.

My rating has been cut to 4**** from 5

Thanks for that

Any reason why?

Hi All,
Just 'Lurking' at the moment - i'll try and contribute in due course!!!
Quick question if i may - i notice that a few of you are using D4F. I'm also using them at the moment but hate the charts. I'm using TS2000i at the moment (could change if necessary) and would like to get setup with FTSE100, DAX & DOW realtime datafeed. I know esignal would probably get everything but they are a bit expensive - is there any alternatives ?
I've looked into Mytrack & IQFeed with mytrack being very expensive to run with TS & IQfeed only doing futures data and not cash prices (maybe wrong here ?)

Any suggestions.

Cheers.........Iain

mully said:
Davros,

Great to have your contributions

but I do love the question marks on the chart

that is why I steer away from EW

lots of unexplained waves.

I subscribe to the Dynamic Traders view of the world - only count the wave if it looks obvious. None of the "x", or extensions, mumbo jumbo. The question marks are there because the wave count can't be confirmed at this stage.

It's not a case of correctly predicting the market - just putting the probabilities on your side. It works well for me, and I'm confident in the technique, so that's all that matters. Trading is all about discipline.

not me Mully Im not allowed to vote for you as when I do it says

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mully again." LOL

Hi again,
Sorry forgot to ask Bonsai - do you explain your methology for trading the FTSE on previous FTSE100 links ? If so i'll go and check them out.
Great thread - keep it going.

Iain

Mully - as a daily lurker, your demerit is inexplicable. That goes for all you guys - learnt shed loads from you all. Just hope I can put back into the kitty soon. Mully, you regularly get my vote.

iainpw said:
Hi All,
Quick question if i may - i notice that a few of you are using D4F.

How can you day trade (or trade at all) with D4F - I could never get my stops in where I wanted them.

This is all a bit off topic, so I'll stop.

Davros,
Just missed your reply on 'Dynamic trading' - i've just finished reading Robert Miners' book for the second time and it's starting to fit into place Noticed the DT4 you have running is EOD - can you not run this realtime with certain datafeeds ? do you not use time projections aswell as price projections ?

Iain

iainpw said:
Davros,
Just missed your reply on 'Dynamic trading' - i've just finished reading Robert Miners' book for the second time and it's starting to fit into place Noticed the DT4 you have running is EOD - can you not run this realtime with certain datafeeds ? do you not use time projections aswell as price projections ?

Iain

I'll send you a private message, as this is a bit off topic, but if anyone else is interested I'll post something elsewhere.

mully
you can click on your votes somewhere and it will tell you who has voted

you should be able to tell from that list ?

but see my early post this morning ?

Getting a bounce, at last ,off the 50%retracement of today move from the low last night

4410-4453

=43 points

50% retracement = 4431.5

iain
cant help with the charts - try Fin
I think he had something which gave him the indices quite cheaply

methodology ?
probably best summarised by looking at the charts I post.
(if they are still intact)

but its not mechanical

however as a start -
for day trading I use price action surrounding the 1 day sma

and I forgot to add, the 1 day SMA held the FTSE100

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    21.8 KB · Views: 169
Back in on the long side.

Ian,

Sierra Charts is good for charting...check out the T2W store for a discount.

Data feed that i use is Mytrack...there is a connection fee of £25, but u do not have to open a trading account with them.

Any probs..just send me a PM.

BT SET TO REDUCE BROADBAND CHARGE
Telecom giant BT has unveiled a 70%
reduction in the price of broadband
access for its rival providers.

The firm said it was reducing the
charge for its local loop unbundling
products, which are used by its rivals
to provide their services.

The news came ahead of an announcement
by regulator Ofcom on the issue - which
could shake up the firm's dominance of