FTSE 100 January

mully, you know what its like with these veterans.
he's probably keeled over ?

lol

Wonder how the FTSE will react to US today, would be nice to end on a positive note for the weekend, but I dont hold much hope.

Bonsai and all you Fib watchers.

Using the December-January run 4312-4529
gives the following Fibs

38%= 4446
50%= 4420
62%= 4395

We are at the 38% Fib level.

near breaking out of the channel

Attachments

• screenshot063.gif
    screenshot063.gif
    7.5 KB · Views: 366
took a break after a couple of really dumb (even for me!) off-system trades when I got itchy fingered. Went looking for a Great Grey Shrike on the downs instead.

Well, we got the higher high last week, but ftse seems a bit delicately poised? I need a close below 4431 to change intermediate trend to down.

The weekly candlestick is uncertain so little help there. Friday's candle however was mildly positive on good volume - although it did follow a pretty evil negative on Thursday - so a bounce from here is maybe on the cards (dow close may cause a bit of down first?).

As usual, it will unfold as it will.

good trading all.

Attachments

• ftse.gif
    ftse.gif
    10.8 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
and this is my wave count although having trouble counting
5legs in v of c so maybe completely wrong and there is more
to come on MOnday

Attachments

• untitled.gif
    untitled.gif
    14.9 KB · Views: 328
understand your concern

if nothing else, 4460 looks a hard nut to crack ?
and then there is 4475.

having failed to reach the top line on the rally, bottom channel line now at 4415 will probably be tested soon ?

we seem to be crawling up the channel line as though waiting for the Dow to crack.

keep your eyes on £/US ?

I did finish on a buy signal on Friday short term but my 60 min chart is firmly pointing down still. Think that channel trendline will be there soon enough. Hoping this morning will give a few more
clues.

lol...another open where the cash gaps up and the futs stay down. The last few, cash has come down to meet the futures.

don't know if they may be of use to anyone but I have
put 2 min charts in my journal which cover the whole of last year.

now they have taken out the stops, it's a fair bet (?) that the next move is down ?

cmc's bid is still 7 points below cash at the mo which is keeping me out

I know...but if my signal was to be short at a break of 77 with a stop just above I didnt want to short at 61..silly i know