FTSE 100 intraday trading - JUNE 2003

lol
see below

didnt think youcould do that.
hit the button twice and you get 2 posts ?
something missing in the programming .

off to Cader Idris country for some fly fishing.
Sun is out; ripple on the water. Lovely
See you when I get back
Today was a bit of a washout ?

Attachments

• june10.gif
    june10.gif
    20.7 KB · Views: 338
I'm only going to do this off and on till Bonsai comes back -- I'm learning a lot from him. Keep it simple. Gaps and fibs seem to have significance.

Last edited:
Morning

Went long at 4126.5 (futures) after breakout from flag - anyone else in at the moment?

Out at 4140.5 (+14) on increased volume. Phew, that's better! 3 bad days in a row and I had seriously lost my confidence. Had a good long look at the charts last night to get me back on track.

Probably closed that trade too soon, but hey - a profit's not a profit until you bank it!

jonnyy40 - do you mean do I follow every up and down - yes sometimes I do. But I prefer to only work in the mornings as I tend to find the afternoons too volatile, plus I get tired if I am in front of the computer all day and cant keep up the concentration, so I like to make the most of the morning session.

Other reasons for entering the trade this morning (not just flag) were increased volume and higher low.

Don't know - dont get news. There was UK unemployment data @9:30 - it obviously wasn't bad news. Could be just breaking through yesterdays resistance and everybody piling in. Wish I'd held on a bit longer now....!

Volume spike on futures - probably some profit taking from all of that money that went into the market last night. 13000 contracts, £10/point, 40 points - a lot of money!