FTSE 100 intraday trading - JUNE 2003

Just managed to get a quick 7 points profit.

The incicators are telling me it is going down - but my instinct tells me it is going up. That my problem. I'm an up person. I just hate it when it goes down.

Only about three months, during which time I have broken even.

Sadly, the more I get to understand whats going on, the more distrustful I get of the SB companies.

A belated good morning all

volumes better today but still not good - eyes are still on the us of a. trades against the direction of DOW futures seem dangerous.

Bonsai - does your extensive chart library include one for DOW futures, I'm relying on watching Blomberg at the moment.

Good trading

Jon

short now at 20

jonny
not that uncommon either on the up or on the down.
the trendline picks them off purty good.

That's what really worries me:my internet connection was just broken (they've got a right after 2hours) What happens if your in the middle of a big bet!

I have a satellite feed as well.
so dont have the same issues.
but it doesnt take long to reconnect ?
there is always the phone ? if you want to close.

Yes, I've been lucky in the past. re-connection is ok at this time of day.That's why I think I'll have to concentrate on ftse rather than dow - it becomes problematic in the evenings.

Jonnyy40
I have been on BT Broadband since Nov 02 and dont get that problem now.If you can get it where you live, its well woth it.

Sorry Fluke I was referring to the sudden up-shot of the ftse. I can't get broadband or cable here yet (S.Devon). Small town,not enough demand!

Last edited:
barjon
dont think you can beat bloomberg
its real time and its free.

plenty of subscription sites

you could try this and play with the symbols but I think
it may be delayed even if you find something.
<a href="http://fast.quote.com/fq/cts/livechart.html?symbols=&wd=900&ht=500">Quote.com</a>

barjon
I have just found some notes about symbols
try ZD03M for jun dow futs and if its available ckick on 24 hrs

Bonsai,

Thanks again - will try it later. duty calls me away (it's that grass again).

Good trading - points mean prizes.

bye for now

Jon

Fluke

It's enough for me trying to understand the small stuff right in front of me.But now you mention it, maybe.