Free TV on-line

Pat494

Legendary member
While having a look at E-bay I found an item of software which guarantees free on-line TV from 2000+ channels from around the world for only $2.95. Have to have broad band.
Anyone tried it ?
If it works we can tell the govt where to stick their licence fee for a 2nd rate service !!

hi pat
not tried it but have heard not so good things what you get for you wonga is an email address where you can watch football etc via msn and a webcam
not quite what one expects

Thanks DC, perhaps I had better wait a bit before I cancel my TV licence, buy broad band and then tell the govt where to stick it.
MPs ought to have a minimum common sense quotient imo.

Pat494 said:
Thanks DC, perhaps I had better wait a bit before I cancel my TV licence, buy broad band and then tell the govt where to stick it.
MPs ought to have a minimum common sense quotient imo.
What do find so unsatisfactory with the licence fee arrangement? Just out of interest, as I never quite see why people get so worked up about it. Maybe they want adverts with everything?

blackcab said:
What do find so unsatisfactory with the licence fee arrangement? Just out of interest, as I never quite see why people get so worked up about it. Maybe they want adverts with everything?

I think Jonothan Ross's 3 year contract of £18M probably has something to do with it.

Blu-Ray said:
I think Jonothan Ross's 3 year contract of £18M probably has something to do with it.
Just a tad excessive I agree. As it works out at 25 pence per household per year I can live with that. Don't like him though.

blackcab said:

My quarrel is with the content for such a large annual fee. They are currently negotiating a new and obviously higher fee. I can only find about 2 programmes a week worth watching. If you don't like soaps and gameshows etc Decent progs like Horizon etc hardly ever happen.
They proudly boast of having correspondents all over the world permantly. What do they all do for their £80,000/year while waiting for a volcano to erupt etc. Stir up a few riots perhaps ?

Pat494 said:
I can only find about 2 programmes a week worth watching. If you don't like soaps and gameshows etc Decent progs like Horizon etc hardly ever happen.
Agreed. I think I'm just attached to the idea of the BBC rather than the reality of it, really. No TV ever does science well, that's true enough. I used to like the Christmas Lectures, are they still on? Hopefully not with bloody computer graphics and yoof presenters treating children like idiots. Wow, I really am turning into a fart!

I am glad they didn't top ITV's offer to M. Grade Esq.of £4 million. He knows which side his bread is buttered. No money grubber worth a lick would turn down such an offer. What a sell out the tabloids scream. Too right. Dump the Beeb and his "adoring" fan club for more and more money.
Which shows were his anyway? Where did he make his name ? Pen pushing and greezy pole climbing perhaps or am I being a bit cruel ?
I feel like a Founder member of the Cranky Old Farts Club !! You are not alone in the wilderness Blackcab.
Long live the old farts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cheesy:

Last edited:
Blu-Ray said:
Jonathan Ross would get far more than that if he left the BBC. Personally, I applaud his commitment to a service he believes in. He is also very very good at what he does, IMO. I'm perfectly happy to pay the fee and keep the likes of Wossy and keep out the advertisers. Money well spent!
Tim.