Found something special..share?

I was planning to post "proof" of my claim, but realize now there is no point, as that would amount to nothing but bragging. I have my system and it works for me, so I just need to find a way to use the fruits of my labor for the good of the world and not (all ;)) for self gain.

thanks sethmo!

Any time.

Actually (this is me personally), I'd advise you to post your trades, not the system, but real trades. I plan to, although, not real-time, probably on a blog at the end of the week. One, as a journal, and second, for any aspiring system developers out there. I'd have loved to see someone who actually designed a system and use it in real life, it would have been some inspiration.

I've found a few sites of people who'd publicized their systems, but were offering tuition for - you guessed it $$$ to be mentors and the like. Anyone can show you an inside bar setup, then claim to be able to teach you the real secret behind the setup for a fee. I never buy these courses and EAs as I'm cheap as hell, so, the inspiration I take from those sites is that maybe it was possible to develop something that is all of your own doing and make it work.

It's like watching a Warren Buffet documentary (like one I watched earlier this year). He won't let in on the really intimate information of how he actually picks stocks, but you can admire the fact that he came up with a system that he proved can work. And that kind of inspiration could make the world of difference to someone out there - that's what I'd like to do, it's another form of give-back (y)

Any time.

Actually (this is me personally), I'd advise you to post your trades, not the system, but real trades. I plan to, although, not real-time, probably on a blog at the end of the week. One, as a journal, and second, for any aspiring system developers out there. I'd have loved to see someone who actually designed a system and use it in real life, it would have been some inspiration.

I've found a few sites of people who'd publicized their systems, but were offering tuition for - you guessed it $$$ to be mentors and the like. Anyone can show you an inside bar setup, then claim to be able to teach you the real secret behind the setup for a fee. I never buy these courses and EAs as I'm cheap as hell, so, the inspiration I take from those sites is that maybe it was possible to develop something that is all of your own doing and make it work.

It's like watching a Warren Buffet documentary (like one I watched earlier this year). He won't let in on the really intimate information of how he actually picks stocks, but you can admire the fact that he came up with a system that he proved can work. And that kind of inspiration could make the world of difference to someone out there - that's what I'd like to do, it's another form of give-back (y)

interesting, i hadn't thought of it that way. inspiration is a very powerful thing.. i'm going to ponder that for a while.

interesting, i hadn't thought of it that way. inspiration is a very powerful thing.. i'm going to ponder that for a while.

if i was you,i wouldnt give a penny to charity.they will not give you seed money once you have blown your account.so use your system to make the millions/billions and then when your ready to retire then feel free to give it all away.

yep its sure going well this Thread ..............a little like when new treaders ask me how they should trade and whether to take tax on the profits going CFD route vs Spreadbetting

Profits ?....bless em

N

yep its sure going well this Thread ..............a little like when new treaders ask me how they should trade and whether to take tax on the profits going CFD route vs Spreadbetting

Profits ?....bless em

N

Oh such innocence.

Profits ?....bless em

N

:rolleyes: Feel better about yourself now?

:rolleyes: Feel better about yourself now?

Hi Spider,

Just something to consider. You have only been trading this secret for a few weeks / months right?

You're probably just experiencing a good run of "tails". Markets move through cycles and your secret is likely to suffer like all the others.

If you get past 5 years, I would then attach some sort of proprietary significance to it. Until then. You're just another guy experiencing a "good run".

We've all been there.

Hi Spider,

Just something to consider. You have only been trading this secret for a few weeks / months right?

You're probably just experiencing a good run of "tails". Markets move through cycles and your secret is likely to suffer like all the others.

If you get past 5 years, I would then attach some sort of proprietary significance to it. Until then. You're just another guy experiencing a "good run".

We've all been there.

You're right. I've been trading for under a year, and only discovered my "secret" a few weeks ago. I have a great deal of back and forward testing to do before I can call this what it truly is. Time will tell, but at this point I am very optimistic. Thanks for your reply.

still waiting for you to change tact and try selling your holy grail

Yeah this thread looks that way I know. I really wish people wouldn't push their bullsh*t on forums.. I have no intentions of selling anything here but I will accept donations to my charity fund, the Spiderbyte Drinking and Partying Foundation!

what instruments do you trade, and how many trades in a typical day? And is your method based on charts>?
I'd like to see you in action.
cheers

what instruments do you trade, and how many trades in a typical day? And is your method based on charts>?
I'd like to see you in action.
cheers

I started out on FX but moved to ES futures. 1 trade a day, or 2 if my first one gets stopped out. In about 4 months I'm quitting my regular job and making this a full time thing. As for the methods, this thread has convinced me to keep that to myself.

I started out on FX but moved to ES futures. 1 trade a day, or 2 if my first one gets stopped out. In about 4 months I'm quitting my regular job and making this a full time thing. As for the methods, this thread has convinced me to keep that to myself.

What's your regular job?
Out of interest.

What's your regular job?
Out of interest.

Won't give my actual job title for fear of reprisal, but it involves trend, pattern, association, and link analysis. Nothing purely financial. And no, I don't work for a three-letter agency.

I make pretty good money but I've had to deal with stupid bosses/supervisors for too many years doing something that I would otherwise love doing. At this point, trading feels like a natural lateral move.

Won't give my actual job title for fear of reprisal, but it involves trend, pattern, association, and link analysis. Nothing purely financial. And no, I don't work for a three-letter agency.

I make pretty good money but I've had to deal with stupid bosses/supervisors for too many years doing something that I would otherwise love doing. At this point, trading feels like a natural lateral move.

Before you jump ship.
Be sure to have a 6 figure account and 12months expenses tucked away.
I'd also press on having 10,000 hours of experience before quitting your job.

Most people ignore both "tips" and are applying for jobs 3 months later.

Good luck.

Before you jump ship.
Be sure to have a 6 figure account and 12months expenses tucked away.
I'd also press on having 10,000 hours of experience before quitting your job.

Most people ignore both "tips" and are applying for jobs 3 months later.

Good luck.

Yup, will have both. I won't have the 10,000 hours, but that sounds like an arbitrary number anyway. I know they say it takes 10,000 hours of practice to master something, is that where you got it from? I've put in twice that many hours (at least) in my current occupation, and although I'm damn good, I will NEVER say I've mastered it.

Yup, will have both. I won't have the 10,000 hours, but that sounds like an arbitrary number anyway. I know they say it takes 10,000 hours of practice to master something, is that where you got it from? I've put in twice that many hours (at least) in my current occupation, and although I'm damn good, I will NEVER say I've mastered it.

You're right. 10,000 hours is just an arbitrary number.
All I know is - a few months of experience definitely isnt enough. You simply wont have enough domain knowledge.

I once thought I had found a new "pattern" that "worked". As coincidence might have it. The next trading book I read, there was the exact pattern. I know you think you've got something new but it's very very unlikely. Computers scan any combination of HLCO in any sequence, in any timeframe and across timeframes for edges. Then they decimate them.

I know you wont be told, but I'm telling you anyway.

You're right. 10,000 hours is just an arbitrary number.
All I know is - a few months of experience definitely isnt enough. You simply wont have enough domain knowledge.

I once thought I had found a new "pattern" that "worked". As coincidence might have it. The next trading book I read, there was the exact pattern. I know you think you've got something new but it's very very unlikely. Computers scan any combination of HLCO in any sequence, in any timeframe and across timeframes for edges. Then they decimate them.

I know you wont be told, but I'm telling you anyway.

Thank you for your input D70, wise words of caution are always appreciated. You are right that I am going to do this regardless, but not for certainty that it will work. At this point I have financial security, just not personal freedom, which is why I'm taking a bit of a chance. I feel like with almost nothing to lose but maybe a little pride I'd be a fool not to try. If it doesn't work out, oh well back to the salt mines for me.

Again thanks for your words of caution, I'll add them to my psychological bag called "pragmatism".

Cheers!

Do you think that for 50 years the investment banks, pit traders, market makers, market wizards, left a small secret for you to discover? This is your logical inconsistency. They left none, they left only misconceptions for you to think they are secrets.

I think his use of the term secret was a little unfortunate. I don't much care if he has an edge or not, but there is no way to shut down all avenues of making profits (if that is what you are implying, I'm not sure, I might have taken this at face value rather too much), this is naturally impossible.

So long as there are participants in certain markets who do not care as much whether they win or lose (sovereigns, corporate hedging, central bank interventions) and/or are trading on different timeframes entirely there will always be institutionally illogical moves to profit from.