ForexMorningTrade EA Signal 2012.03.12
SHORT Trade opened at price : 1.56376
tp hit :)

2:
13:45gmt
ForexMorningTrade EA Signal 2012.03.12
SHORT Trade opened at price : 1.56386
tp hit :)

There seems to be some confusion about the 8:30 NY start time now with DST in NY ?
My start time is based on NY open, not London or GMT. time, so I still trade at 8:30 NY local time DST, which is now 12:30 London and GMT. In 2 weeks when London goes DST then it will again be 13:30 London time but still 12:30 GMT. You may want to skip FMT for 2 weeks until both London and NY are both on DST.
If you traded today at 12:30 GMT. as I did, I got No Trade.
If you traded at 13:30 GMT. then you got a quick SL, even though it looked like the trade should have signalled long rather than short ? I believe this was because the FMT indicators were a little slow reacting to the fast upward movement of the market at 13:30 GMT when it actually crossed into a 'long' signal but FMT was still registering a short signal. It was a wierd one !
Yesterday, I noticed if you traded at 9:30 NY, 13:30 London, you got a TP whereas I got a SL at 8:30 NY, 12:30 London.

So it seems there is a breakout at 8:30 NY, 12:30 London and another at 9:30 NY, 13:30 London.
You will have to decide which one you want to trade or skip it until 2 weeks when 8:30 NY is also 13:30 London, like normally.

cheers ! ...good luck ! :)

There seems to be some confusion about the 8:30 NY start time now with DST in NY ?
My start time is based on NY open, not London or GMT. time, so I still trade at 8:30 NY local time DST, which is now 12:30 London and GMT. In 2 weeks when London goes DST then it will again be 13:30 London time but still 12:30 GMT. You may want to skip FMT for 2 weeks until both London and NY are both on DST.
If you traded today at 12:30 GMT. as I did, I got No Trade.
If you traded at 13:30 GMT. then you got a quick SL, even though it looked like the trade should have signalled long rather than short ? I believe this was because the FMT indicators were a little slow reacting to the fast upward movement of the market at 13:30 GMT when it actually crossed into a 'long' signal but FMT was still registering a short signal. It was a wierd one !
Yesterday, I noticed if you traded at 9:30 NY, 13:30 London, you got a TP whereas I got a SL at 8:30 NY, 12:30 London.

So it seems there is a breakout at 8:30 NY, 12:30 London and another at 9:30 NY, 13:30 London.
You will have to decide which one you want to trade or skip it until 2 weeks when 8:30 NY is also 13:30 London, like normally.

cheers ! ...good luck ! :)

Thank you Hammy, that explains some of the strange movements.

8NY TP for +40 pips
0600 GMT for BE +5pips

are there any other times or currency pairs that people are looking into?

Hi All, this is my first message on this forum; I've only recently heard about FMT. Is it still as relevant and giving the same results as it seems to have done during the past couple of years? Does anyone have any advice? I'm thinking of buying FMT today. Thanks Ed

Hi All, this is my first message on this forum; I've only recently heard about FMT. Is it still as relevant and giving the same results as it seems to have done during the past couple of years? Does anyone have any advice? I'm thinking of buying FMT today. Thanks Ed

welcome ED,

I suggest you read the last 5 pages of this thread and you should be able to decide on the information you find here and which way you want to trade FMT.

good luck !..:D

Thanks Hammy; I've pretty much read the whole thread but just wondered if things had quietened down a little during the past 12 months? and if so was there any reason why. This will be the first EA I've used; is it simple to install and set up?
Thanks Ed

Changed time,
one h. back and had two trades today :

12:30London
ForexMorningTrade EA Signal 2012.03.14
SHORT Trade opened at price : 1.56801
Quickly hit sl @1.5715

12:45London
ForexMorningTrade EA Signal 2012.03.14
SHORT Trade opened at price : 1.57007
hit tp @1.5670

FMT today with settings 35-30-18-5, (12:30, 12:45 GMT.)

both trades 8:30 NY and 8:45 NY signalled 'sell' trade.
at 8:30 NY trade hit SL =-35 pips
at 8:45 NY trade hit TP = +30 pips

today there was about 20 pips difference in entry of these 2 trades, therefore opposite results !

cheers !

last night my computer shutdown sometime after trading 0600 GMT...it was a sell order. When I woke up I closed the order myself 47 pip loss. I have windows update set to manual so I dont know what happened but I was ticked off. no trade at 8-830 NY as computer was shut down