ForexMorningTrade System

Hi folks. I've just started looking at FMT and have a question that hopefully can be answered here. On the results page on the FMT web site the owner mentions that he uses the following settings:

Profit Target = 35, Stop Loss = 45 pips, Break Even = 25 pips, BreakEvenAddPips = 5, UseLongCandleFilter = true.

Are these settings for the EA? I'm currently following the trades manually on a demo account using MT4 but I cannot see any options for UseLongCandleFilter.

Stats for 06-13-2011

Live Accounts:

FMT 4.3, EA standard settings: 45 SL, 25 BE, +5 BE, 35 TP
6:15 UK Time, FXSolutions..., Short/Loss......., -46.0, Stats since 11-08-2010: Total= -15.0
6:15 UK Time, IBFX.........., Short/Loss......., -45.0, Stats since 01-04-2011: Total= +149.3
6:15 UK Time, PFG Best......, Short/Loss......., -45.3, Stats since 03-01-2011: Total= -10.8

Demo Accounts:

FMT 4.3, EA standard settings: 45 SL, 25 BE, +5 BE, 35 TP
6:15 UK Time, PFG Best......, Short/Loss......., -45.3, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +354.2
6:15 UK Time, FXCM.........., Short/Loss......., -45.2, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +371.6
6:15 UK Time, Alpari(US)...., Short/Loss......., -45.1, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +325.1
6:15 UK Time, FXDD.........., Short/Loss......., -46.0, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +300.1

Notes:

All pip totals include slippage
FXSolutions is the only dealing desk broker

Long - hope we've not just timed it right for a pull-back as the PSAR has just gone negative, an indicator that looking at my charts would be reliable to follow than many of the next 'best EA/system you've ever seen' claims - anyone know how to write an EA on MT4 for this trend changing signal? It would be great if it could be backtested - I'm afraid my technical nounce amounts to scrolling back manually! - any thoughts welcome

As with any indicator Parabolic SAR behaves different on every chart eg 1min, 15min, 30min. It is also susceptible to spikes in the market which might not turn every other indicator. It proves that the market breathes, and shows how it ranges, but I don't think it can be safely used on its own as a signal generator, indeed I have found it is OK (in short time charts) to actually trade against it (i.e. buy when the dots are above the price rather than below it, and vice versa).

HI Wise hope you dont mind me asking but you seem very knowledgable indeed and i look forward to hearing your take on different situations how long have you been trading for and are you a full time trader ? Again hope you dont mind me asking

Hi folks. I've just started looking at FMT and have a question that hopefully can be answered here. On the results page on the FMT web site the owner mentions that he uses the following settings:

Profit Target = 35, Stop Loss = 45 pips, Break Even = 25 pips, BreakEvenAddPips = 5, UseLongCandleFilter = true.

Are these settings for the EA? I'm currently following the trades manually on a demo account using MT4 but I cannot see any options for UseLongCandleFilter.

MJJ hi. If you click on the smiley face in the top right hand corner, it will bring up the EA options. Click on the inputs tab and scroll down. UseLOngCandle Filter is forth from the bottom, set to true.

As with any indicator Parabolic SAR behaves different on every chart eg 1min, 15min, 30min. It is also susceptible to spikes in the market which might not turn every other indicator. It proves that the market breathes, and shows how it ranges, but I don't think it can be safely used on its own as a signal generator, indeed I have found it is OK (in short time charts) to actually trade against it (i.e. buy when the dots are above the price rather than below it, and vice versa).

Hi Wise, generally in agreement, and as you say, I like the breathing element that the PSAR gives. I was thinking more of a setup where the PSAR works inconjuction with say a MA on the basis that if price is above you only take BUY trades and PSAR reverse takes you out, which might be a pull-back, and then gets you back in if the PSAR reverses and continues an up-trend - vice versa if the price is below the MA. For example, just have a look at the last couple of days on the 15 min chart with a 40 period MA. I'm just trying to find something I can trade reasonably successfully outside FMT possibly on a longer period as I'm out at work all day, I'm just having a look at the Lindencourt system, which looks pretty good, albeit over the selected period in the manual. Regards, Chris

HI Wise hope you dont mind me asking but you seem very knowledgable indeed and i look forward to hearing your take on different situations how long have you been trading for and are you a full time trader ? Again hope you dont mind me asking

Thanks, I have been in this field of trading for about 2 years, and it's starting to overtake my other work. And FMT happens to give me a more coherent plan than other systems I have followed or previously devised. We have to be a bit careful in this that we aren't trying to make the whole thing too mathematical when reality often ranges between chaos and reasonable probability!

Some of the lessons we have to learn don't come cheap. Discipline, and keeping to a previously thought-through plan are key. Even if this means keeping going after other people have quit, because I have always found the system has a way of redeeming itself. Good luck with your own efforts.

6:15 start, long signal, hit BE +5 pips (45-35-25-5)
6:30 start, long signal, closed manually +5 pips. (45-35-25-5)
6:45 start, long signal, hit BE +0 pips (35-25-15-0)
7:15 start, long signal, hit BE +0 pips (35-25-15-0)

total today +10 pips.

weekly total -115 pips .