ForexMorningTrade System

In my analysis we have had exactly 25 trades now since recommended settings were amended.

I am able to report accurately on the results with my own broker and charts (these results are liable to be different from yours!).

It goes without saying we have been in a sticky patch, however the results show up the latest setting in a very good light because the outcome was the lowest amount of loss:

FMT3 -75 pips
FMT2 -260 pips
FMT1 -280 pips

Credit to Hammy and to MF for his research and advice.

Love it +35 too
clap.gif

Same for me :D:D

FMT for me this morning, (45-35-25-5) Forex.com-UK

6:15, long signal, hit TP +35 pips
6:30, long signal, hit TP +36 pips
6:45, long signal, hit TP +26 pips (35-25-15-0)

total today +97 pips.

total for the week +154 pips..

FMT for me this morning, (45-35-25-5) Forex.com-UK

6:15, long signal, hit TP +35 pips
6:30, long signal, hit TP +36 pips
6:45, long signal, hit TP +26 pips (35-25-15-0)

total today +97 pips.

total for the week +154 pips..

Hi Hammy, not sure I understand this. Could you explain further for a real newbie, Thanks, Motneen

Hi guys,

I was in on a long signal this morning with FMT and it went past my hidden profit target pips and tried to reach my broker target profit pips ( I use the FMT EA). The EA didn't even register my break even settings and stop the trade as it took a down turn!! 0My settings are as follows:

Trading hour - 7
Trading minute - 15
Broker stop loss pips - 55
Broker profit target pips - 55
Hidden stop loss pips - 40
Hidden profit target pips - 35
Break even at pips profit - 25
Break even add pips - 5
Trailing stops pips - 0
Lots - 0.1
Use Money Management - True
Lots decimals - 2
Risk percent - 2
Maximum lots - 0.5

What am I doing wrong to cause the EA to try and reach 55 pips rather than 35?? I don't want to keep using the EA only for it to lose me money! Surely the EA should have moved the stop loss to my break even point so even if I didn't reach the 55 pips it ended up trying to hit, I should have walked away with +5 pips not -55 pips!?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi guys,

I was in on a long signal this morning with FMT and it went past my hidden profit target pips and tried to reach my broker target profit pips ( I use the FMT EA). The EA didn't even register my break even settings and stop the trade as it took a down turn!! 0My settings are as follows:

Trading hour - 7
Trading minute - 15
Break even add pips - 5
Trailing stops pips - 0
Lots - 0.1
Lots decimals - 2
Risk percent - 2
Maximum lots - 0.5

What am I doing wrong to cause the EA to try and reach 55 pips rather than 35?? I don't want to keep using the EA only for it to lose me money! Surely the EA should have moved the stop loss to my break even point so even if I didn't reach the 55 pips it ended up trying to hit, I should have walked away with +5 pips not -55 pips!?

Forgive me if this is a dumb question but did you have the EA up and running on an MT4 platform on a machine that was connected via internet connection to the broker's server? It has to have connectivity to manage the trade.

Hi guys,

Trading hour - 7
Trading minute - 15
Break even add pips - 5
Trailing stops pips - 0
Lots - 0.1
Lots decimals - 2
Risk percent - 2
Maximum lots - 0.5

Or possibly you have your expert advisor tab unchecked

Or your properties tabs not checked correctly

There is 2:
Tools === options===expert advisors===Make sure all on left are checked and all on right are unchecked (especially Allow live trading)

Also right click chart===expert advisors===properties===common tab=== again make sure all on left are checked and all on right are unchecked (especially allow live trading).

Good Luck!!!

Forgive me if this is a dumb question but did you have the EA up and running on an MT4 platform on a machine that was connected via internet connection to the broker's server? It has to have connectivity to manage the trade.

Hi Jabu,

You may have hit the nail on the head there, I think my wife shuts the computer lid, it still stays active but maybe the connection to the server doesn't stay live. I'll make sure she doesn't shut the lid and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks for your swift reply.

Martin.

Or possibly you have your expert advisor tab unchecked

Or your properties tabs not checked correctly

There is 2:
Tools === options===expert advisors===Make sure all on left are checked and all on right are unchecked (especially Allow live trading)

Also right click chart===expert advisors===properties===common tab=== again make sure all on left are checked and all on right are unchecked (especially allow live trading).

Good Luck!!!

Thanks for your reply Jash,

All of these settings are all ok, I think it may be because my wife shuts the laptop when she does to work so our son can't play with the keys. I think I'll put it out of his reach and keep it open and see how it goes.

Hi Jabu,

You may have hit the nail on the head there, I think my wife shuts the computer lid, it still stays active but maybe the connection to the server doesn't stay live. I'll make sure she doesn't shut the lid and see if that makes any difference.

Martin.

From experience from a friend of mine who began trading using a lap top,, he had so many disconnects It lost all kind of opportunities. He was using wireless and since plugged in hard-wire and fixed all disconnect problems.

From experience from a friend of mine who began trading using a lap top,, he had so many disconnects It lost all kind of opportunities. He was using wireless and since plugged in hard-wire and fixed all disconnect problems.

It's also useful to inactivate any automatic software upgrades eg to Windows or anti-virus which cause a reboot of the computer else the trade won't even open because the EA won't restart on its own.

I'd be interested to know how many trades members miss or how many go wrong due to EA connection problems, and consequently how many pips they forego. I suspect, reading through posts on the various blogs that this happens rather frequently.

It's also useful to inactivate any automatic software upgrades eg to Windows or anti-virus which cause a reboot of the computer

Comes under losses various, why no-one ever makes as much as the theoretical gain!
Murphy's law - inevitably you will lose by accident far more than than you will ever gain by accident, unless extremely lucky, or blessed by the gods (was that a Greek or Roman trading concept?).

Regards, Chris (alias GreyGandalf)

Hi Jabu,

Martin.

Yep. You will have to set power settings to always on as well so that it does not hibernate or go into standby.

Hi guys,

Trading hour - 7
Trading minute - 15
Break even add pips - 5
Trailing stops pips - 0
Lots - 0.1
Lots decimals - 2
Risk percent - 2
Maximum lots - 0.5

Use Money Management = False. With money Management on, It bypasses your standard settings.:cool: