ForexMorningTrade System

OK thanks SB. I thought someone had mentioned many weeks ago that there was an advantage, along with a math calculation that went over my head, and then I forgot all about it. But since I test with mm switched on for a bigger indication of growth, I usually trade it the same way. My aim is always to make the equity curve as smooth as possible, for quicker compounding and growth.

By the way, your 38-38-27-5 looks very good to me, especially for a smaller/high risk account. But 38-38-28-8 might make it better. Not sure yet, but will let you know. I will call it trading the 8s if it works. There is nothing better than 1:1 ratio (or bigger)
for compounding and growing the acct, so the closer we can get to 1:1, with acceptable win rate, the better.

Thanks again

Deserteagle,
Those are some interesting results you just published. Makes one want to try them or at the very least go to the original FMT set.
One remark though from a relative newbie-this thread is getting pretty damn long. I have read most of the pages and found a lot of info. However, with these settings being lost in the pages, unfortunately other newcomers to FMT/TMT I fear wouldn't find them.
Any way to make sticky page/post that might point to the latest thoughts/setting for those willing to venture from the pack.
shaun

I just keep a running FMT Word document, only takes a few seconds to copy and paste the most interesting messages over to the Word file.

I just keep a running FMT Word document, only takes a few seconds to copy and paste the most interesting messages over to the Word file.

I hear ya..But that doesn't help someone who is a newbie or just frustrated and want to see what others are doing/using in more efficient manner than reading from the last post backward.
I think Mark F is the only one who can change a post to sticky, and he's probably a little hesitant to allow others settings to "influence" his reputation/sales. I'm thinking maybe I could start a forum/blog somewhere just for settings/results.

Hi everybody, I've been lurking here for a while and decided it was time to introduce myself. I started running FMT last December, although I put it on an extended hiatus early on and only recently started running it again. My results have not been good so far (six losses and one win), but I remain optimistic and I intend to leave it on all next week.

I also wanted to comment on deserteagle's excellent spreadsheet. I had been using 45/35/25/5, but I think I'll switch to 38/38/27/5 (Desert I) based on his results. I noticed something else in the data. Summing the results by day of the week, it appears that Wednesday has not been a good day to trade. Almost all of the variations lost money on that day. Thursday produced at least twice as many pips as any other day in most of the variations. This may just be a fluke, but I found it interesting nonetheless.

It's great to have this resource available; despite my poor results so far, having so many people who are excited about the system and eager to help is very encouraging. I'll start posting my results next week.

Deserteagle,
Those are some interesting results you just published. Makes one want to try them or at the very least go to the original FMT set.
One remark though from a relative newbie-this thread is getting pretty damn long. I have read most of the pages and found a lot of info. However, with these settings being lost in the pages, unfortunately other newcomers to FMT/TMT I fear wouldn't find them.
Any way to make sticky page/post that might point to the latest thoughts/setting for those willing to venture from the pack.
shaun

You can quickly find Desereagle's and others spreadsheet results that are attachments within posts by clicking the paperclip at the top right at the end of the page number line, currntly 139 - if that's what you're looking for

I'm not seeing live results reflecting this when I look at the live link...

Where are the live results / proof from the start of your trading?

I might be missing something as I'm surfing on my iPhone.

That is correct and these are the live results. You need to give it a few weeks or months to really see what it will do. I got cursed with one bad trade that wouldn't have been a bad trade if my settings were as they are now. I don't want to start a new account just because of this as I know it will rapidly regain all loss and in a few months, it won't even matter. :)

That is correct and these are the live results. You need to give it a few weeks or months to really see what it will do. I got cursed with one bad trade that wouldn't have been a bad trade if my settings were as they are now. I don't want to start a new account just because of this as I know it will rapidly regain all loss and in a few months, it won't even matter. :)

One bad trade? It's called a loss. What is your risk percent per trade?

Your SL is 250.
You are using TMT so you probably have 2 exits. Me thinks TP10 and TP20?
Good luck! Harvard? Brown?

Your SL is 250.
You are using TMT so you probably have 2 exits. Me thinks TP10 and TP20?
Good luck! Harvard? Brown?

:LOL: No, a little off with the TP's. College, humm... well I'll have to let my boy decide but right now he is 2 and the majority of his decisions are which toys he wants to play with. :LOL:

Suppousing an account of 1000, +88% would be 1880, +64/ would be 1640

1880 -1640 = 240

240/1880 = 12.76 % :)

You are correct. I should have made it clear that my original account balance with compounding increased to 88% gain then due to the recent draw down have lost 14% of the current balance resulting in an increase of only 64% of the original balance. Hope that clears things up. Thanks deserteagle for you input.

ForexMorningTrade journal

Hello FMTers,

After a weeks backtesting 06:15 entry I have got some results, I mean some other profitable sets which we should pay attention.

With those sets I have created a comparison sheet similar to the one I have been publishing for 6:30 entry.

Thanks to JashFx who has provided a set with very good results along 2011.

From now on, I will try to maintain both comparisons.

Highlights at 6:30

Deserteagle, thanks a lot for all the time you put into backtesting the different settings for 6:15.

Can you please tell me the most successful set file for 6:30 am, is it the original 40/40 with no BE?

- Set Desert Combo has the record of 21 trades without losing and it is the set more profitable in the 6:30 comparison.
- Set Original FMT has the record of 200 pips in a week.
- Set DesertEagle, the original 65/43/20, only has one week in 2011 with negative results, it is the second set more profitable at 6:30 and the one with more pips gained (almost 1000 pips).

Highlights at 6:15

- All the sets have similar performance.
- Set Desert 6:15 is the one with more pips and profit. Last week ended with negative results after 16 weeks without losing.
- Hammy set has the highest win rate: 79,69%.
- JashFx-Hammy Combo is a very good option when the market does not have the power to reach the 35TP, since April 1st this set has got the most amount of pips and profit.

Cheers :)

Deserteagle, thanks a lot for all the time you put into backtesting the different settings for 06:15.

Can you please tell me the most successful set file for 6:30 am, is it the original 40/40 with no BE?

Deserteagle, thanks a lot for all the time you put into backtesting the different settings for 06:15.

Hi,
In the same excel there is a worksheet for 6:30 entry. Look at the figures and see if there is a set which fits your expectative. Do not forget this excel just have results for 2011.

I have not viewed or used Microsoft excel before and was looking and looking to see if there were any 06:30 test results included to no avail but I have now found the tab that shows those results.

Many thanks.

Comparison Deserteagle 38 38 27 5 and 38 38 28 8:
Results from 1 Jan 2010 to 30 Apr 2011: 38 38 27 5 = 3053 pips.
38 38 28 8 = 3099 pips.

Method: TMT trading at 6:15 or 6:30 if the signal is there when 6:15 doesn't trade. This gives a few additional trades and winners. No trading from Dec 18 to Jan 10. All other trades taken.

Because my tick data is in constant GMT, I have to split the tests for the time changes (BST from 29 March 2010 to 30 Oct 2010, then BST again on 28 March 2011).

I'm showing the test result screens (next post) from BST 2010 where the 38 38 28 8 pulled ahead, but they are now essentially even with the 28-8 ahead by only 46 pips. So we are nit-picking. But either way, it looks good, at least by my data.

Attachments

• 27 5 and 28 8 comparison 2010 - 2011.PNG
    27 5 and 28 8 comparison 2010 - 2011.PNG
    61.9 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
These pics show the performance during BST 2010 for 38 38 25 5 (left combined, and 38 38 28 8 in two parts

Attachments

• 38 38 25 5 BST 2010.PNG
    38 38 25 5 BST 2010.PNG
    274.5 KB · Views: 163
  • 38 38 28 8 BST 2010 graph.PNG
    38 38 28 8 BST 2010 graph.PNG
    58.6 KB · Views: 144
  • test bst 38 38 28 8.PNG
    test bst 38 38 28 8.PNG
    153 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Comparison Deserteagle 38 38 27 5 and 38 38 28 8:
Results from 1 Jan 2010 to 30 Apr 2011: 38 38 27 5 = 3053 pips.
38 38 28 8 = 3099 pips.

Method: TMT trading at 6:15 or 6:30 if the signal is there when 6:15 doesn't trade. This gives a few additional trades and winners. No trading from Dec 18 to Jan 10. All other trades taken.

Because my tick data is in constant GMT, I have to split the tests for the time changes (BST from 29 March 2010 to 30 Oct 2010, then BST again on 28 March 2011).

I'm showing the test result screens from BST 2010 where the 38 38 28 8 pulled ahead, but they are now essentially even with the 28-8 ahead by only 46 pips. So we are nit-picking. But either way, it looks good, at least by my data.

Good work Coral, you should send your findings to Mark to do a test, I like the 1:1 risk/reward ratio (y)