ForexMorningTrade System

Well this prompted me to check my expert logs. I won't list them all out here, but the common issue is to do with the "stdlib GBPUSDSB,M15: loaded successfully" line, which is mentioned in your log as well; only difference is that mine includes 'order timeout'. It is always associated with a 'no connection' comment in the MT4 log (same time stamp).
For trades prior to 3rd May there are no problems opening trades, and no sign of the above mentioned comments in the logs.
The SLM demo account logs show no problems with the connection and no stdlib comments, and it took the same trades!

So there are apparently no network issues here, it is pointing squarely at the SLM live server.

I continue to be somewhat confused by SLM's view that there must be a problem with the EA and not themselves, as I have had an SLM demo account running now for about 3 months, which not only never misses a signal, it is comparable with my demo ThinkForex account and mostly completes the trade several seconds before 6.15 (today the journal says 6.14.45) and I'm using the latest MT4 build on both accounts - this begs the question - if it works perfectly well as a demo - why do they have a problem when people convert to a live account?? - (a question from a mere simpleton, not a techie!). At present I doubt if I'll be opening a live account anytime soon with SLM, more likely to be with ThinkForex, but for the time being I'll continue to trade with IG manually

Keep the faith. The current default settings survived April nicely and have a good track record.

Attachments

• 1st 5 months 2010 & 2011.PNG
    1st 5 months 2010 & 2011.PNG
    164 KB · Views: 208
Remainder of the spreadsheet for 2010 on current default settings, with summary.

Attachments

• Remainder of 2010 @ 45-35-25-5 setting.PNG
    Remainder of 2010 @ 45-35-25-5 setting.PNG
    146.2 KB · Views: 175
  • 2010 Summary 45-35-25-5.PNG
    2010 Summary 45-35-25-5.PNG
    53.4 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
I agree fully with the comments made on the difficulty of trading during August. I've been watching markets, and trading futures and FX, for 11 years. Nevertheless, you can see that the current settings performed quite well even then in the spreadsheet above.

I checked now the values of our system and there was a clear short signal, but my EA generated a "NO Trade" I do not understand why. And now the market is moving nicely down and I just do not want to chase the market. How difficult it can be to stay disciplined...

Those Trading live with SLM!!!

I see they changed the build from 399 to 401. I found my manual entries to be taken in much smoother today.
Did the EA take trade on time today or was there still a delay?

I checked now the values of our system and there was a clear short signal, but my EA generated a "NO Trade" I do not understand why. And now the market is moving nicely down and I just do not want to chase the market. How difficult it can be to stay disciplined...

I was with Tadawulf for a while and got terrible entries and exits. Sometimes I was was off 10 pips (combined). I was using a VPS. I changed brokers.

I see they changed the build from 399 to 401. I found my manual entries to be taken in much smoother today.

still a delay for me of around 16 seconds which resulted in a 4 pip disadvantage from the ideal entry price quoted by the FMT indicator. This simply never used to happen during April when I starte trading live with SLM

Still a delay at 6.30. Firstly, my computer clock is on atomic reset (every hour) so I know its spot on. 6.30 candle was 12 seconds late. Then another delay - at 6:30:22 usual message of "no connection with trade server" and finally took the trade at 6:30:24.

Luckily no movement this morning so only 0.4 pips from ideal entry.

Have Alpari UK open as well and candle opened exactly on 6:30 - so 12 seconds before SLM.
Where can I find the build figure?

Mike

Morning all.

Short taken with SLM at 06:16 @ 1.63656

I guess I missed a few pips? How does it compare to the 6:15 time?

Where can I find the build figure?

Mike

Click on journal at bottom of MT4, Scroll all the way down and first journal message should tell you your build and time started for today.

Let me know if you still on 399. Mine updated this morning on both SLM accounts i have when i started up the charts.