ForexMorningTrade System

Chillie, thanks for that. Do you use the EA? If so what price did you get this morning? You should have got around 1.6482ish if your system was working right. I only got 1.6478! That 4 pip slip meant that I didn't quite reach down to the +25pip I needed to action my SL move to BE+5pips. Hense I went down -45pips!
Chris

I was ok yesterday on my SLM demo account, no delay and in at 1.64824 and out at 1.64774 BE+5 - no VPS being used - spookily my demo ThinkForex numbers were exactly the same as SLM. Have never had a problem with ThinkForex, they include free VPS for those with a live account, who I'd use straight away if I wasn't looking for the tax-free trading that SLM offer with MT4 - so at the moment I'm still using IG as my live account and take the signals from ThinkForex and SLM - so I have to manually handle trades with IG and their spreads - and I have to get up at 6am every morning! :sleep:

In summary I have the following as being affected by a delay in EA execution on SLM:

chilliepowder
Jashfx
chapmanbd
fergieTEF
Reedbed
Remraf
jimmc
RobM
jabu99
andycon
ffchaci
busfarehome
No1Trader
mike1booth
colin710
and myself

Sorry for any mistakes or omissions, please get in touch?

Thanks
Chris

I've had no delays on my SLM demo account in recent days.

Just looking at my logs. I was not trading FMT at 6.15 but another EA at 6.30. The EA tried to open the trade at 06:30:04 and timed out, actually opening the trade at 06:31:30 @ 1.64768. I expect that you are correct and it is the volume of trades hitting their server at this time. Perhaps they didn't anticipate the number of traders who would be spreadbetting with MT4 and bandwidth/server capacity has been under estimated.

To be fair to SLM, on a private forum trading a similar EA to FMT, around a month ago their charts froze just around when a trade would have TPed, the trade then reversed and got stopped out and they refunded all the losses plus the TP that would have triggered to most of the members of the forum. A nice gesture on their part and good PR for them. Let's hope they get it sorted because their spreads are good and we need a MT4 spreadbetting provider.

Agreed!

Hey Podberry!!

Good Pole but thinking about it, you probably want to Gauge your losers v winners as oppose to just losers. For instance, I would be fine with 8 losers, if for example we had 9 or 10 winners as well. However, I would not be Ok with 8 losers, if for example we had no winners. So to gauge whether FMT is failing us or not, the question should probably read something like: After deducting winners from losers, what figure would prompt you to stop using FMT or re-evaluate the system??.

Just a thought that popped into my head as I was thinking about an answer!!!!

Just what I was thinking! I would say that if we got below 50% of trades in a month as SL's I'd be pausing to think what needs changing, especially if the other 50% of trades were BE's greater than TP's:smart:

Just what I was thinking! I would say that if we got below 50% of trades in a month as SL's I'd be pausing to think what needs changing, especially if the other 50% of trades were BE's greater than TP's:smart:

Sorry Pod, posted before I realised you'd already revised your poll to % - just trying to catch up on postings!:confused:

Remraf, is VPS available to to anyone with a live account at Thinkforex or is there a minimum deposit?

I have been using a demo account with them.

My late entry yesterday with SLM was without VPS.

No trade today.

Hey Podberry!!

Good Pole but thinking about it, you probably want to Gauge your losers v winners as oppose to just losers. For instance, I would be fine with 8 losers, if for example we had 9 or 10 winners as well. However, I would not be Ok with 8 losers, if for example we had no winners. So to gauge whether FMT is failing us or not, the question should probably read something like: After deducting winners from losers, what figure would prompt you to stop using FMT or re-evaluate the system??.

Just a thought that popped into my head as I was thinking about an answer!!!!

Cheers Jashfx, yeah you are right, should have been net losers for the month, Oh well. Tomorrows will be interesting, Trading account size as per a request. Not sure if there is enough Zero's for wiseambitions and Hammy though :LOL: Watch this space for "Podberry's Polling Station"

Remraf and busfarehome - I am also looking at the VPS documentation on ThinkForex. As I understand it it seems you need to have USD 2,000 to open a "free" VPS account and tthen here is a proportionate charge of up to USD 40 per month if you do not do the equivalent of 4 standard lots with them each month

cheers

Stats for 05-04-2011

Live Accounts:

FMT 4.3, EA standard settings: 45 SL, 25 BE, +5 BE, 35 TP
6:15 UK Time, FXSolutions..., Short/Loss........., -45.0, Stats since 11-08-2010: Total= +22.0
6:15 UK Time, IBFX.........., Short/Break Even..., +3.8, Stats since 01-04-2011: Total= +222.3
6:15 UK Time, PFG Best......, Short/Loss........., -45.1, Stats since 03-01-2011: Total= -4.0

Demo Accounts:

FMT 4.3, EA standard settings: 45 SL, 25 BE, +5 BE, 35 TP
6:15 UK Time, PFG Best......, Short/Break Even..., +4.6, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +329.3
6:15 UK Time, FXCM.........., Short/Break Even..., +5.0, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +399.3
6:15 UK Time, Alpari(US)...., Short/Break Even..., +5.0, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +361.6
6:15 UK Time, FXDD.........., Short/Break Even..., +5.0, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +285.8

Notes:

All pip totals include slippage
FXSolutions is the only dealing desk broker

Comments:

Using Mark's trading data:
Dec 2010 - most losing trades = 8
Sep 2010, Feb 2011, Mar 2011, most winning trades = 11
Apr 2011, most break evens = 9
Jan 2011, Apr 2011, most no trades = 7

Attachments

• NumberOfTradesPerMonth.jpg
    NumberOfTradesPerMonth.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 166
I've had no delays on my SLM demo account in recent days.

Thanks, that seems to be the case with others I have spoken to?

I have been going through my Meta Trader logs and have noticed that:

1. Entry times have been getting worse steadily over the last month?

2. I went through an SLM Meta Trader upgrade to MT4 4.00 build 399 on the 18th April?

3. SLM went through a Meta Trader shutdown on 02 May?

4. 03 May at 03:33:22 connect failed [No connection] occurred? but I got a good entry price (possibly because I closed everything down and reopened at 06:12).

5. 04 May at 06:16:05 connect failed [No connection] occurred? Over one minute slippage on entry!

Makes me wonder if restarting each morning might clear the login failure issue?

I don't know enough to interpret the logs but it would be interesting to know if everyone else had gone through the same upgrade and system shutdown with the same results?

Chris

PS I am mindful that this issue is affecting a reletively small number of us. I am therefore sorry for clogging the system with this discussion? As soon as I think that I have all the names of affected traders i will try to contact them personally rather than in this open forum. Hope that's okay?

To be fair to SLM, on a private forum trading a similar EA to FMT, around a month ago their charts froze just around when a trade would have TPed, the trade then reversed and got stopped out and they refunded all the losses plus the TP that would have triggered to most of the members of the forum. A nice gesture on their part and good PR for them. Let's hope they get it sorted because their spreads are good and we need a MT4 spreadbetting provider.

The difference though is that in the above SLM did not really have a leg to stand on. Their platform froze. But before this happened, ticket numbers would of been issued, SL and TP were set etc and everyone in trade could (using that EA) or would of been able to prove that market reached a certain level while the SLM platform froze.

In our case, what has happened over last 2 days is a delayed reaction by SLM platform to take us into trade at correct time and price. Here, it will be us as the unfortunate clients with no leg to stand on. Documented proof will show we only entered at a certain time, a ticket number would of been produced and how do we argue against that.

Some people lost money yesterday (I was fortunate cause I chaged my BE to 24 pips due to this same thing that happened the day before and my stop was just moved to BE+5) and Im sorry but it is the fault of SLM and hopefully while denying everything with constant drivel they are working behind the scenes to sort it out. Everyone on this forum with a LIVE SLM ACCOUNT has come forward with issues weather trading from home computer, on a vps or any other form of connection.

But I agree, those of us living in UK want an MT4 platform with tax-free benefits. So hopefully issue is sorted sooner rather than later cause its no good losing money trying to avoid tax as oppose to making money on other reliable platforms where we do have to pay tax.

Thanks Leo that makes 12 of us now! C.

Shoot

I experienced nearly a minute delay again this morning in forming the candle and hence the EA signal.

SLM Live account, 06:15 and 06:30 on 15m chart

Are you OK to be the focal point with SLM, in support I will call them to inform them of my own 3 day running delay exerience.

Last edited:
Shoot

I experienced nearly a minute delay again this morning in forming the candle and hence the EA signal.

Are you OK to be the focal point with SLM, in support I will call them to inform them of my own 3 day running delay exerience.

Yes, I have lost out with both the recent SLM glitches so i have a vested interest. As its no trade today i will devote some time to this and hopefully park it by the end of the week. C

Remraf and busfarehome - I am also looking at the VPS documentation on ThinkForex. As I understand it it seems you need to have USD 2,000 to open a "free" VPS account and tthen here is a proportionate charge of up to USD 40 per month if you do not do the equivalent of 4 standard lots with them each month

cheers

Thanks for that, I only looked at the headline page, still looks reasonable - not too sure what the costs would be for 4 standard lots as I've only been trading live with IG at £1/pip

Thanks for that, I only looked at the headline page, still looks reasonable - not too sure what the costs would be for 4 standard lots as I've only been trading live with IG at £1/pip

I've used ThinkForex's VPS for 3 months. I started with two accounts totalling 3k at standard risk. I've always traded enough in a month to not pay.

They would only charge the difference of $40 in any case, as stated previously. So if you traded 3 lots in a month of trades you'd only pay $10.

I can say that they have been 100% reliable. The VPS is not as powerful as those available from CNS, only 500MB RAM too and I would not put more than 3-4 MT4 platforms on, personally, as the interface gets slow.

If you leave it to do it's thing I can recommend them highly as it just quietly gets on with the job, no requotes or troubles.

Recommended.

Last edited: