ForexMorningTrade System

Well, some of you may know what happened over the last couple of days in the USA southerns states. I am right in the middle of the tornado devastation. I feel very blessed that we didn't loose everything. Our power was out about 24 hrs and the closest tornado touched down about a half mile from where I live.

Video

You can see what my neighborhood looks like with the devastation everywhere.
Needless to say, trading didn't happen much for me this week. One of my accounts closed out in profit before the market climbed 290 pips, so actually is up 4% or so.
The other didn't make it so it did suffer a loss.
Details here.

This week= Loss -32%

Yes, I have it set at high risk for a reason. You will see the reason at the end of May. ;)
(I hope) :LOL:

I know, who would trade $50 a pip on a micro is beyond me. :LOL:

I was hoping to get a response from him, must be having a street party after watching the 'pomp and pageantry' today. Guess I'm bored - Roll on Tuesday :clap:

Hello WiseAmbitions,

Just to add my results for April (not trading since April 22th ):

-Set 49SL 35TP 27BE 22ADD -> +246 pips
It seems this set goes well when conditions are not optimal to reach TP35.

-17SL 41TP 8BE 3ADD (Long) - 48SL 42TP 26BE 23ADD (Short) -> +130 pips (15 pips at SL17 and 115 pips at SL48).

Cheers.

Apologies if this is obvious, must have missed it, what does ADD mean? Are we adding another trade at this point?

Thanks.

Well, some of you may know what happened over the last couple of days in the USA southerns states. I am right in the middle of the tornado devastation. I feel very blessed that we didn't loose everything. Our power was out about 24 hrs and the closest tornado touched down about a half mile from where I live.

You can see what my neighborhood looks like with the devastation everywhere.
Needless to say, trading didn't happen much for me this week. One of my accounts closed out in profit before the market climbed 290 pips, so actually is up 4% or so.
The other didn't make it so it did suffer a loss.
Details here.

This week= Loss -32%

Yes, I have it set at high risk for a reason. You will see the reason at the end of May. ;)
(I hope) :LOL:

I am glad you and your family are well. Don't worry about the loss, money comes and goes...all the best.

And what about long term currency risk from the base currency we choose for our trading accounts? If it can make a 50% difference to my profits at the end of the year then the risk is massive! But if I don't do anything about it and for example I lose 50% of my GBP profit relative to USD, if nobody had said anything I might not even have perceived it as a loss. Is that a bad investment decision, a bad trading decision or something else again?

I think we can all endeavour to be traders of FMT, but one way or another we also investors of our own currency. Perhaps the best way to think about it is what do you think will be the most valuable currency in the world one year from now? If you think it is EUR, then set up your trading account in EUR. If you think it is USD, then set up your trading account in USD. Whether we like it or not, during the stagnant hours when we are not trading, we are still invested in the base currency of our choice. Cheers.

The best results for April came from 28/40, which yielded in my analysis 92 pips.
40/40 (FMT 1) lost 120
35/40/25 (FMT 2) lost 125
I don't have enough to say yet about the latest version.

Results for the year to date
Deserteagle +468
FMT 1 +480
FMT 2 + 380 (not quite as good as the original set)
10/40 +340
20/40 +320
28/40 +432

Using the fact we are at the end of month 4, if we repeated the same performance for the remaining 2/3 of the year, multiplying those numbers by 3 gives a fairly healthy gain. But we are living in the hope of better days ahead.

By the end of April 2010 40/40 was +360. It is 480 this time. FMT 2 gave 209 but 380 this time
This year could well be better than last already!

Hi WiseAmbition,

The above is really interesting - and reassuring! I'm still not sure on the best settings to use, however (I have Turbo MT). I'm quite conservative and prefer a smaller stop loss to take profit setting, but I realise that this is not the best way to operate FMT (which does have a good % of profit trades to loss trades). Would it be possible for you to advise on the settings that you are currently using. You have been using FMT for quite a while now and I trust your wise judgement!

Hi WiseAmbition,

The above is really interesting - and reassuring! I'm still not sure on the best settings to use, however (I have Turbo MT). I'm quite conservative and prefer a smaller stop loss to take profit setting, but I realise that this is not the best way to operate FMT (which does have a good % of profit trades to loss trades). Would it be possible for you to advise on the settings that you are currently using. You have been using FMT for quite a while now and I trust your wise judgement!

Hello, if you're using an EA I can't see any reason not to be using the recommended settings, which were revised a couple weeks ago, although they might be the second change since FMT went public.

In my experience the optimum settings depend whether you're after the maximum number of pips - for income - or whether you want the maximum potential for rolling up with money management. If that is what you are seeking, then the key performance indicators of drawdown and payoff come into play, and the optimum settings are actually exits which might not give so many pips. At the moment, my answer to that is that I am using a simple combination for money which I am trying to compound which is a hybrid between 10/40 and 30/40, but without break even resetting. Perhaps if this system produces a convincing and consistent result over the next couple of months I will say more about it.

I wish you well but recommend you decide on a plan and stick to it. If you changed every month and chose the last month's best settings I guarantee the outcome will disappoint you because you won't do so well.

Hello, if you're using an EA I can't see any reason not to be using the recommended settings, which were revised a couple weeks ago, although they might be the second change since FMT went public.

In my experience the optimum settings depend whether you're after the maximum number of pips - for income - or whether you want the maximum potential for rolling up with money management. If that is what you are seeking, then the key performance indicators of drawdown and payoff come into play, and the optimum settings are actually exits which might not give so many pips. At the moment, my answer to that is that I am using a simple combination for money which I am trying to compound which is a hybrid between 10/40 and 30/40, but without break even resetting. Perhaps if this system produces a convincing and consistent result over the next couple of months I will say more about it.

I wish you well but recommend you decide on a plan and stick to it. If you changed every month and chose the last month's best settings I guarantee the outcome will disappoint you because you won't do so well.

Many thanks for your advice. I will think about what you say and decide on my plan. I will be interested to see how your plan works out and wish you well too!

I think I heard a quote along the lines that an investment is a trade gone bad. In other words that someone trading had left a position open awaiting return to break even if not profit!

But I can't think how FMT with an average trade of 2 or 3 hours counts as an investment. Nevertheless I do think the comparison with unit trusts and other collectives is interesting just to prove that FMT gives much greater potential. There is another type of investment product called ETFs (Exchange Traded Funds), some of which are leveraged and working with commodities such as silver, coffee, grain, oil, but even with those I am unaware of any who come close to the productivity of FMT at 5% risk rolled up.

I am mindful of fluctuations in the base currency but I don't think it has enough bearing to worry me in the long run.

Isn't FMT the investment, and isn't "trading" the tool we use to grow the investment?:|

Isn't FMT the investment, and isn't "trading" the tool we use to grow the investment?:|

I wish I knew. I was hoping someone would point out a clear and precise difference between trading and investment - something that shows how trading cannot be an investment or an investment cannot be trading. A technical reason - but I suspect it's just a matter of opinion.

I know a lot of people say an investment is something where you can only lose your original stake, but that's just a question of leverage. A house/property is classically viewed as an investment, but look at all the people who wound up in "negative equity" after the last housing crash.

And a trade is often considered as something where you can lose more than your stake, but similarly that's not true when trading long options for instance.

Last edited:
Here's something interesting.

One or two members have commented on some days of the week being more profitable than others, by which they mean the FMT trend works better.

I have noticed looking through Mark's journal that if he only traded Thursdays he would have actually gained more pips in the 17 weeks of 2011 so far than by trading all 5 days. I cannot say the same for all other settings, but even the more aggressive sets like Deserteagle have done best on Thursdays.

Looking at Wednesdays, the usual sets eg 40sl,35 to 40 tp, have lost far more pips than they ever gained. This is also true for more agressive sets eg Deserteagle (65sl). Only one set of the range I monitor daily actually comes out with a profit for trading Wednesdays, and that is 10Tp/40SL.

17 weeks' experience is hardly a significant dataset to rely on for the long term, but it's enough to make something worth talking about

Need some help! Could someone who is presently using the Oanda MT4 platform please tell me what I should be using as a starting trading time here on the East Coast - USA? Does it change with DST?
Thanks!

Need some help! Could someone who is presently using the Oanda MT4 platform please tell me what I should be using as a starting trading time here on the East Coast - USA? Does it change with DST?
Thanks!

Hi, my Oanda is set to 01H15 in the UK, should be the same for you.:)

Let the races begin ! ! ! ! :clap:

Looking at the results for May, June, July, for the last 2 years we are going to make some serious money, personally I will start trading again on Tuesday as it is another bank/public holiday tomorrow (Monday) in the UK. The last one until the end of the month, thank god :drunk:

Thanks for the quick reply. Does that make it 06:15 my time with the 5 hour time difference?

No, the EA is triggered on your brokers time, doesn't matter if you are in Timbuktu or Beijing China, set it to 1H15 and you will be fine. :)

Last edited: