ForexMorningTrade System

RE: Originally Posted by Brokerthanthou View Post
anyone seeing the message: "Error: cannot open trade, context is permanently busy"

that error can occur if you (the ea) is opening more then one trade at the same time

I closed and reopened the EA software, and now that I am reconnected the Error message is gone but now it says

"Last Signal: none yet" even though in the top right corner
of the EA software it says "Signal: Long"

anyone know what to make of it?

I made a trade at 6:15 35/45 No BE, and the trade closed out at TP10?
I made a trade at 6:30 35/45 No BE and the trade also closed at TP10?

Any ideas?

You've got to love FMT, tonights beer money made before I set off to work!

Good holidays all!

Chris

Nice morning! +35TP and a couple of quick +10TP's on the way up - a great start to the hols, think I'll miss the Bank Hols and have a look middle of next week - roll on May! :D

06:15 start time
Alpari UK --- live -- closed for 32.5 pips (looks though it will go 35 though but enough of these near misses)

Think FX --demo -- (10/40) --- 10 pips

06:30
SLM--live---(10/40) ---10 pips

Quick easy trades today.

Happy Easter guys! In and out by the time I finished my workout. Love that.
06:15 SLM Long - TP Hit +30 (have reduced TP for April. Lost me 5 pips today but made me 25 yesterday) :)
06:30 IG Index Long w/40sl 10tp - TP Hit +10
06:30 SLM Long w/ Desert Combo set - BE +3

Going to take a nice week off now till after the May Bank Hol. Keep well.

Thanks for those videos wiseambitions, they're very good! It really made me think when Jack said that we as humans seek comfort, which is not good for trading. He said that trading systems are optimized mainly to increase comfort. A nice smooth upward chart is more comforting than a jagged one. But optimization eventually fails. Makes me think that the original FMT settings of 40 SL and 40 TP with no BE is probably the best setting after all. It was forward tested only 3 months before the settings were changed to 40 SL, 35 TP, 20 BE.

Sorry, thanks to "wiseambitions" for the vids, their awesome (Although may re-watch sober!) :cheesy:

TODAY:
Alpari uk live new settings: TP
Oanda live new settings: TP
intertrader.com live old settings: BE+5

Back on the roll,
As we all say to our new members, stick to the rules, be patient!

Even though April is not finished and has not been spectacular, we should all have + accounts.

I am personally up 12% so far this month using standard FMT settings. Plus a bit on a minor varaition of FMT which is not for this forum. Live account.

For those who like to play Excel, if you compound 12% per month (y)

I will not trade Friday and Monday for personal reasons but if I were to trade, I would reduce risk.

Have a great break...

Yes great couple of days had by all have a great few days off and catch up after the holiday this is a great thread i am going live after Easter .
General question for you all with regard to mm i was thinking of risking 6% per trade do you think that is a bit agressive or not or would 4% be wiser ? all comments welcome
many thanks again

It seems to me that everybody is using some different settings. For example many today are +10 or +30. Anybody with standard setting of 35/40/20BE trading today?

06:15 start time
Alpari UK --- live -- closed for 32.5 pips (looks though it will go 35 though but enough of these near misses)

Think FX --demo -- (10/40) --- 10 pips

06:30
SLM--live---(10/40) ---10 pips

Quick easy trades today.

Hey Jashfx

Guess what..........?

SUCCESS!

All worked correctly today on SLM, with DPs set to 2.

Even a win to celebrate.

Thanks for your help working out the whats and whys.

Rob

General question for you all with regard to mm i was thinking of risking 6% per trade do you think that is a bit agressive or not or would 4% be wiser ? all comments welcome
many thanks again

Consensus is that you should not risk more than 5%.

I trade at this figure,

That said, I am aware of people that are much more agressive, up to 10% but personally, I would not go there!