Attachments

• t2w.png
    t2w.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 176
Not bad for a mornings work.

Alpari Demo account

Manually existing trades after seeing so much cash :cool:

Also note GJ and EU (not part of FMT).

It has been discussed at lenghth on this forum about other pairs but is widely accepted that GU performs the best (in the long run) so is advisable to just stick to what has proven to work the best (and that is trading the GU).

Having said that -- various combinations give different results. This is probably better to analyse than analysing different pairs.

FMT for me this morning, (45-35-25-5), Forex.Com-UK

6:15 start, long signal, hit BE +5 pips
6:30 start, long signal, hit BE +5 pips
6:45 start, long signal, hit TP +35 pips

total today +45 pips

weekly total +149 pips

good to see 6:45 make a difference !

cheers !

Hi,

After getting into the trade according to the new rules and after 25 pips plus the EA set SL 5 pips above the entry price. And then came this down candle and I got stopped out 10 pips below the entry price, i.e. I got 5 pips minus instead of having +5. Is it normal?

3PO

Hi,

After getting into the trade according to the new rules and after 25 pips plus the EA set SL 5 pips above the entry price. And then came this down candle and I got stopped out 10 pips below the entry price, i.e. I got 5 pips minus instead of having +5. Is it normal?

3PO

It's not nice, and it's not exactly normal, but it's called slippage, and it's what happens when the market spikes by 50 pips in 5 seconds. There are just so many sell orders and stop losses going through that all the forex systems and the brokers computers struggle for a few seconds to sort out who gets what and at what price.

Some brokers will accept a guaranteed stop loss for an increased spread.

It could happen to you one day that your TP overshoots for the same reason and you get some extra pips. Unfortunately it's one of those things, and indeed is the only thing that makes me want to sit over a trade, otherwise I trust FMT to be right more often than it's wrong and that's usually good enough confidence for me.

Could anyone help with Magic Numbers here ?

I'd like to set different FMT processes (installed in different folders) linked to the same real account.

How to set the magic numbers on these different FMT ?
(I mean just choose different UNIQUE numbers and it is OK ?)

Just 2 other questions:
1) How many digits are significant ? Just 5 or could it be more ?
2) Which digits are available ? from 1 to 5 only or from 0 to 9 ?

Alpari UK Live
7:15 NT
7:30 BE +5:cheesy:
7:45 TP +35 :clap:

However 6:15 chart displays an error on bottom left
"requote1, requote2, Error:138, requote, order opened, ST/PT set, All"
Wondering what that suppose to mean!!!
I had 3 different magic numbers on 3 charts.

Chaps is any one going to trade on the day of the royal wedding? Sorry if this has already been spoken of...

40/40 without BE nearly got stopped out by 1 pip at 09.30 upon UK Bank of England news, but then went to full TP a couple hours later

The market can make you feel dizzy with its present behaviour. Between 7 and about 8 am there were many quite long candles on 5m charts, seemingly there was some strong resistance to be broken through there

Chaps is any one going to trade on the day of the royal wedding? Sorry if this has already been spoken of...

I am not.

I shall not trade any of the Bank Holidays.

I want to keep risk/exposure to the minimum.

There is no significant evidence either way, if the more experienced trader's are right, but I have decided thus.

It is each to his/her own policy at the end of the day.

I am not.

I shall not trade any of the Bank Holidays.

I want to keep risk/exposure to the minimum.

There is no significant evidence either way, if the more experienced trader's are right, but I have decided thus.

It is each to his/her own policy at the end of the day.

Does Marc trade in the bank holidays?

Anyone that is using FMT for more than 6 months can tell me how mutch is the average monthly profit in pips?

I think changing decimal to 1 was the problem. Make sure that stays at 2.

On my SLM account -- Lots was kept at 0.1. (this only comes into play if mm=flase so it does not matter what this is set to).
MM=True, Lots decimal = 2, Risk % = whatever you choose,
max lots = needs to be higher than the calculated risk% lot which you did.

Mine was 100% correct this morning, so i can only think that you changing the decimal figure influenced the 'SPREAD BETTING Lot Size' Traded.

That must be it.*

I was confident that the Lot/Max Lots were correct and thought I'd change DP to 2 as it seemed more correct.*

It's the only variable left! So, I'll trade the same tomorrow but put DP back to 2 and all should be well.*