ForexMorningTrade System

Hi Rob

There is nothing wrong with your settings - I cant understand why it's using MAX lots.

Have a word with Mark and see if he can help, sorry I could'nt help - Whatever you do don't phone SLM about the problem as the chap on the other line is less than sympathetic when it comes to EA's, although he allows them. :)

Hi, Is it not becuase the lot size is wrong.
Im no expert on SLM as its very new to me as well but when on demo one had to trade a larger lot size -- ie: 0.1 on an FX acccount is $1 per pip but only 10p per pip on SLM.

So trading 14% risk of £10 177 , I think, one would need to set lot size to 35.6 (ie: £35.6 per tick). And because 8 max lots is less than this then it is only going to trade 8 lots.

I think this is the problem? Is it not?

Hi, Is it not becuase the lot size is wrong.
Im no expert on SLM as its very new to me as well but when on demo one had to trade a larger lot size -- ie: 0.1 on an FX acccount is $1 per pip but only 10p per pip on SLM.

So trading 14% risk of £10 177 , I think, one would need to set lot size to 35.6 (ie: £35.6 per tick). And because 8 max lots is less than this then it is only going to trade 8 lots.

I think this is the problem? Is it not?

Hi, Jashfx

If you use MM-True then it ignores the lot size and works on %- Not that I'm afraid, it is puzzling though ;)

Hi, Jashfx

If you use MM-True then it ignores the lot size and works on %- Not that I'm afraid, it is puzzling though ;)

Yes, but like in your pm, max lot size needs to be higher than trade size. Remember He is trying to demo 14% of 10 000 so his trade size using mm would be 35.6.

If he sets max lots to 40 or 50, then I think all should be fine. NOT???

I'm just reading an email from Mark Fric with changes to the recommendations

And those who don't know what it's all about ought to sign up to the system, before it goes up from $97 to $999 which is more like what it's worth.

(PS Nobody told me it's going up, but believe me it's the best value strategy I've come across and would be cheap at 5 times the price)

Hey if I have bought both FMT and TMT should I be recieving these emails from Mark or does he only email updates to certain people?

I really don't know why the EA creator has changed his settings. This is a reactive move based on short term results. What will he do when 6:30 starts working again change back?

I've lost faith in the longetivy of this system.

I really don't know why the EA creator has changed his settings. This is a reactive move based on short term results. What will he do when 6:30 starts working again change back?

I've lost faith in the longetivy of this system.

If you're not happy with it, don't use it. Personally I have made quite a lot from the standard settings and a slightly modified one and am happy to continue for the long haul.

Yes, but like in your pm, max lot size needs to be higher than trade size. Remember He is trying to demo 14% of 10 000 so his trade size using mm would be 35.6.

If he sets max lots to 40 or 50, then I think all should be fine. NOT???

I'm not sure that's correct Jasfx. My trade size would be 35.6 mini-lots but 3.56 lots.

There is something strange going on and when I'm home I'll re-install the platform and EA and try again. I'll also properly run through the detail of your first reply to me.

Much obliged all. I'll keep you posted.

Rob

Rob -- Im also trying to get to grips with this as Im pretty new to the SLM spreadbetting platform as oppose to other Forex platforms.

Ok -- so this is what i noticed last week when i placed a demo trade £10 000 balance and at a risk of 8% per trade. The EA took me in at a trade size of 20.00 (forget about lots and mini lots). This relates to Forex Trading and not spread betting.

Yes if your account is $10 177 and you are with Alpari UK then you would want to set the inputs tab at 3.56 becuase it trades at $10 per pip when traded as lots.

However, Spreadbetting trades at £1 per pip tradding at 1.0 (its not a standard lot or a minilot),its a spreadbet lot. So if you are risking 14% of £10 177, you need to be trading at 35.6 Spreadbetting trading lots.
35.6*40= £1,424.78 which is 14% of £10 177.
It seems to me that if your from the various conversations going on that on SLM -- even with MM set =true, your Max lots need to be higher than the risk you want to trade.

I am pretty sure im right about this purely cause i was playing around on thursday night on demo just manually taking trades and trying to figure out various things and what i found was
FX trading (in $) 0.1 (1 mini lot) trades at $1 per pip or 1.0 (1 std lot) trades at $10 per pip/tick whereas:
1.00(lets call it a spreadbetting lot) trades at £1 per pip/tick and
0.10(lets call it a spreadbetting mini lot) trades at 10p or £0.10 per pip/tick.

FMT for me this morning, (45-35-25-5), Forex.Com-UK

6:15 start, short signal, hit TP +36 pips
6:30 start, short signal, hit TP +35 pips
6:45 start, short signal, hit TP +33 pips

total today +104 pips..

nice start to the week !..

total today +104 pips..

I have the same settings on all those time frame and only 6h45 finished with a win, all other are BE.... do you have trick ?
(broker = alpari)

BTW, can you confirm with some stats on different hours that what proposed by Mark is giving better results than the former settings ?

Thanks

total today +104 pips..

Strange results: with the same setting only the one at 6h45 gave me a win, all others are in BE, like all users say on the forum...

BTW, can you confirm with some stats that the change made today by Mark is giving better results that the former one?
Thanks

Hi,

how should I set BE20+5? Should I type in the BreakEvenAtPipsProfit line 20+5 or simply 25? I am totally confused.

Thanks, 3PO

I'm just reading an email from Mark Fric with changes to the recommendations

And those who don't know what it's all about ought to sign up to the system, before it goes up from $97 to $999 which is more like what it's worth.

(PS Nobody told me it's going up, but believe me it's the best value strategy I've come across and would be cheap at 5 times the price)

Don't forget, if metatrader ever fades away down the years, we all have the manual strategy to trade and or have a EA coded for other trading systems. Example : ninjatrader or tradestation or fxcms new auto platform. Well worth the money.

Hi,

how should I set BE20+5? Should I type in the BreakEvenAtPipsProfit line 20+5 or simply 25? I am totally confused.

Thanks, 3PO

Using 35TP 45SL BE25 +5

When we are 25 pips in profit, we move our stop-loss from 45 pips off entry to 5 pips of profit above zero (or break-even), so:

BreakEvenAtPipsProfit: 25
BreakEvenAddPips: 5

Last edited:
FMT for me today...
+42 (Desert Combo)
+30 (Standard set w/ reduced TP due to April funny period)
+10 (Wise's super duper 40,10 setup) :)

Received Marc's email today and will be adjusting the EA to the new settings as of tomorrow

Using 35TP 40SL BE25 +5

When we are 25 pips in profit, we move our stop-loss from 40 pips off entry to 5 pips of profit above zero (or break-even), so:

BreakEvenAtPipsProfit: 25
BreakEvenAddPips: 5

Thank you! I will copy digit by digit what you advised! Thank you, 3PO

Rob -- Im also trying to get to grips with this as Im pretty new to the SLM spreadbetting platform as oppose to other Forex platforms.

Ok -- so this is what i noticed last week when i placed a demo trade £10 000 balance and at a risk of 8% per trade. The EA took me in at a trade size of 20.00 (forget about lots and mini lots). This relates to Forex Trading and not spread betting.

Yes if your account is $10 177 and you are with Alpari UK then you would want to set the inputs tab at 3.56 becuase it trades at $10 per pip when traded as lots.

However, Spreadbetting trades at £1 per pip tradding at 1.0 (its not a standard lot or a minilot),its a spreadbet lot. So if you are risking 14% of £10 177, you need to be trading at 35.6 Spreadbetting trading lots.
35.6*40= £1,424.78 which is 14% of £10 177.
It seems to me that if your from the various conversations going on that on SLM -- even with MM set =true, your Max lots need to be higher than the risk you want to trade.

I am pretty sure im right about this purely cause i was playing around on thursday night on demo just manually taking trades and trying to figure out various things and what i found was
FX trading (in $) 0.1 (1 mini lot) trades at $1 per pip or 1.0 (1 std lot) trades at $10 per pip/tick whereas:
1.00(lets call it a spreadbetting lot) trades at £1 per pip/tick and
0.10(lets call it a spreadbetting mini lot) trades at 10p or £0.10 per pip/tick.

Yes. That makes sense to me now. I'll need to try it when I'm home, but I see how it works from your explanation.

Many thanks for your time in making such a lengthy reply.

I'll confirm my results with you.

I hope I didn't labour this too much, but it's critical to know EXACTLY what the EA is doing with one's money and never to assume!