ForexMorningTrade System

So I assume that would give the OANDA indicator signals a little more strength and relativity on a monday morning trade than those with another broker whose indicators are lagging behind a little?

Roughly 2.5 hours from trading time and FXPro, Best Direct, Pepperstone - indicators all similar however Gomarkets similar on one but other was 20 points difference at that point

Last edited:
Stats for 04-15-2011

Live Accounts:

FMT 4.3, EA standard settings: 40 SL, 20 BE, 35 TP
6:30 UK Time, FXSolutions..., Short/Loss...., -40.0, Stats since 11-08-2010: Total= +132.0
6:30 UK Time, IBFX.........., Short/Loss...., -42.0, Stats since 01-04-2011: Total= +293.3
6:30 UK Time, PFG Best......, Short/Loss...., -42.0, Stats since 03-01-2011: Total= +107.2

Demo Accounts:

FMT 4.3, EA standard settings: 40 SL, 20 BE, 35 TP
6:30 UK Time, PFG Best......, Short/Loss...., -39.9, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +425.4
6:30 UK Time, FXCM.........., Short/Loss...., -41.8, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +454.9
6:30 UK Time, Alpari(US)...., Short/Loss...., -41.2, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +416.7
6:30 UK Time, FXDD.........., Short/Loss...., -40.2, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +341.6

Notes:

All pip totals include slippage
FXSolutions is the only dealing desk broker

Last edited:
Spread Betting with FMT / Smart Live Markets (SLM)

Hi all

Can anyone confirm my findings re the SLM live platform, please, so that I can start trading with SLM?

I understand the SLM-SB DEMO comes set-up ready to use with EAs but one has to enable the use of EAs, from the settings section, for the SLM-SB LIVE platform. This I have done.

It seems to me that on SLM-SB, FMT money management does not work and therefore risk, lot size etc must be calculated manually and is set using the ‘Max Lots’ setting.

This is no big deal; these things are easily calculated and one can compound +/- manually.

It’s just that there has been a reasonable amount of discussion on here about trading with SLM recently and nobody has mentioned these issues. I’m hoping somebody can confirm my observations. The SLM help-desk did suggest that many EAs will work without problems.

Thanks…:)

Hi Rob

Feedback from our PM's yesterday
SLM seems to be trading perfect this morning now that I changed the Maximumlots to 2, trading at 1.7 this morning instead of 0.5 :D

Morning all been following this for thread for Two weeks and its also my second week using this system so hi everyone i am still on demo account for the mo but intend to go live after the easter breat. It is a short for me too today

Good morning all. I got up for the trade today (2:30 AM my time) because GoMarkets was down for an hour before bedtime. Just wanted to make sure that it was trading, and in the right direction. All is ok with the missing 4 bars.

Morning all,
Just started working with this system. Quick question, can I make trades on the demo account? I read somewhere you can like demo trades. Thanks

Good morning all. I got up for the trade today (2:30 AM my time) because GoMarkets was down for an hour before bedtime. Just wanted to make sure that it was trading, and in the right direction. All is ok.

We are short, you get a deal!

Morning all,
Seems some large doses of adrenalin have been flying around this weekend!!

My take is simple, I bought FMT and later TMT last autumn on the simple rationale that I liked the system, I tested on Demo then went live. I stick to the standard settings and am with it simply because it works for me.

Experience has taught me that if you play with a commercial system then there is a danger that you will tweak to no benefit.
For me, my main live account trades standard (updated) FMT settings.

I have a small play account that uses identical settings but with the very knowledgable WiseAmbitions scalping settings of TP 10.

The FMT strategy is not new and therefore is proven, the filters are probably unique and that is what makes it safer and hence profitable over a long term.

However, those who tinker do bring value as I am sure the developer looks at them and may well, after testing, incorporate some ideas. However, unless one has access to significant resources and experience, I personally cannot subscribe to the idea that a couple of losses mean the system needs revision.

This forum is very well subscribed and has value for both the beginer and those who have the necessary resource and experience, hence it makes a very educational read.

Good luck to all...

rajgogna, yes actualy ist SLM, I've already contacted them... :)

WHy do you say that we need to change the Maximum Lots to a higher number? You mena to a higher number than the lotas we want to trade, right?

yes, that's right

mine was set to 0.5 as default, I then changed it to be 2.0

I lied. Not much resistance after all, just wicks and sticks on the candles. Going back to sleep. Make sure I wake up to some pips! lol

Just noticed my ea entries were delayed by 1 minute today. The 6:15 setting entered at 6:16 and the 6:30 setting entered at 6:31. Never had this problem before with GoMarkets. Anyone else have this problem?

Hi

Out @ BE...again

M

Edit- Again it seems like I got stopped at BE at the high of the 08h15, and now it is dropping like a stone!!! :(
Anyone else get closed at BE?

Would've been a TP trade on the 08h30 candle :(

Last edited: