ForexMorningTrade System

tu es français ? ;)

En gros, le trade se fait à 6h30uk time, donc pour la France 7h30, mais dans les paramètres de MT4, tu dois parametrer le robot à l'heure de ton broker qui peut varier...
Mais, si tu passes le trade en manuel, physiquement tu devra etre présent devant ton pc a 7h30

++

I got +35 this morning but I think I have made a mistake because today I have used a offset of +1.

The user manual says that you should start FMT at 6:30 London time (not GMT time) and it gives a link to check it. Now London time is GMT+1. So if your server is GMT+1 you shouldn't change it like I have done today. Is it right?

Chris,

That is exactly I was trying to convey in my last post. This systems edge is the volatility and also up to some extent ATR of the pair during a given market cycle.

Good day today +35 pips

But wasn't volume very low in this morning's Asia session?:confused: Yet we profit.:clap:

Quick and easy +37 sell on Alpari UK, 12th win in a row on TP37/SL48 no BE. I still see confusion about FMT start time - it's 06:30 London time, just check your broker platform offset today

Quick and easy +37 sell on Alpari UK, 12th win in a row on TP37/SL48 no BE. I still see confusion about FMT start time - it's 06:30 London time, just check your broker platform offset today

When I look at the manual (page 43) it shows that for Alpari UK to set your time at 7:30 for both summer and winter

PGPB

Fmt ea

Hello

I have just recently started using the FMT EA

I have never been a fan of EA's but I live in Toronto, Canada and getting up in the middle of the night to place a trade, day after day wears on you.

So I have started using the EA and I am delighted with the reliability.

I have always scoffed at allowing EAs to trade my money, but with a clear system where I understand the rules, where it trades once per day, I am thinking that having a robot open and close trades might be OK

Does anyone know of other EA's where it meets these criteria?
(Clearly explained rules that I could trade manually if I choose, only takes one trade at a time when the rules line up)

If people feel this is totally off topic from this FMT thread, you could PM me.

Thanks

PGPB

I got +35 this morning but I think I have made a mistake because today I have used a offset of +1.

The user manual says that you should start FMT at 6:30 London time (not GMT time) and it gives a link to check it. Now London time is GMT+1. So if your server is GMT+1 you shouldn't change it like I have done today. Is it right?

Yes FMT stsrts at 05:30 GMT from now until October, so if your broker time is now GMT + 1 (same as London time) you set it to start at 06:30

When I look at the manual (page 43) it shows that for Alpari UK to set your time at 7:30 for both summer and winter

PGPB

Hi, yes I use a live Alpari UK account and the EA is set to trade at 07:30 time in this platform, as Alpari UK is set to one hour ahead of actual UK time. So 07:30 candle in Alpari UK is 06:30 London time

Hi, yes I use a live Alpari UK account and the EA is set to trade at 07:30 time in this platform, as Alpari UK is set to one hour ahead of actual UK time. So 07:30 candle in Alpari UK is 06:30 London time

So should I adjust the settings of my EA to 6:30am?

PGPB

Yes FMT stsrts at 05:30 GMT from now until October, so if your broker time is now GMT + 1 (same as London time) you set it to start at 06:30

Thanks. My mistake was suppose London Time = GMT Time all the year. Fortunately, I had a win with wrong settings.

PGPB

Go to http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Scroll down and check what the London time is
Open Market watch on your platform (MT4) and see what your broker time is otherwise, you can tell by looking at the 5 minute charts and the time of the current candle

What is the difference between your broker time and London time?
If your broker time is later than London time, then you set FMT to start at 06:30 plus the difference
If your broker time is earlier than London time, set FMT to start at 06:30 minus the difference.

If you are still having difficulties. open the world clock webpage and make a note of London time and the current broker time. Post the 2 times here and we will confirm FMT start time with the broker that you use.

Thanks. My mistake was suppose London Time = GMT Time all the year. Fortunately, I had a win with wrong settings.

It's a very common mistake, even by people who live in the UK. Winter, end October to end March UK is on GMT time. Now UK is on BST which is GMT plus 1.

Open Market watch on your platform (MT4) and see what your broker time is otherwise, you can tell by looking at the 5 minute charts and the time of the current candle

If your broker time is later than London time, then you set FMT to start at 06:30 plus the difference
If your broker time is earlier than London time, set FMT to start at 06:30 minus the difference.

If you are still having difficulties. open the world clock webpage and make a note of London time and the current broker time. Post the 2 times here and we will confirm FMT start time with the broker that you use.

Thank you Gumrai,
This is the best explanation so far. You'd just confirmed my time setting. Made 35 pips on NordFx.:D

Thank you Gumrai,
This is the best explanation so far. You'd just confirmed my time setting. Made 35 pips on NordFx.:D

You're welcome Dapero. I will be glad when this confusion is over and done with - at least until October :)

But wasn't volume very low in this morning's Asia session?:confused: Yet we profit.
clap.gif

Yea, I was thinking the same. Sometimes FMT behaves strange but profitable! :D

Yea, I was thinking the same. Sometimes FMT behaves strange but profitable! :D

One of the other indicators which always gives me more confidence on a short trade is if the 63hour (or anything close to that) EMA in the 1 hour chart hovers above the current price at opening time. I would like to do stats to compare the outcome when having regard to that compared with FMT, although I don't think it will be quite as good.

Results for Year to Date (on days I've had signals to trade)

Settings 35tp.40sl.BE@20 +435 pips
40/40 +560

So this relates to a period of not quite a full quarter, and if this is carried through for the next 9 months it would actually make this year just as good as last. (But I have to admit last April and May were not good conditions - issues around the UK election would not have helped - although FMT backtests really took off again in June and July)

I do seem to recall Mark saying he expected things to come good again. He must be a prophet of profits

PGPB

Always always and always 06:30 UK time.

Refer to Page 931 Post 7448 for CLEAR directions.
Sometimes your broker will change with UK time, sometimes it won't. Just follow the directions as you would any time of the year and you will hit the correct time every time. :)

FMT for me this morning : (55-35-25-5)

6:15 start, short signal, hit TP +35 pips
6:30 start, short signal, hit TP +35 pips
6:45 start, short signal, hit TP +37 pips

total today +107 pips .. :)

Currently world clock says 1.24pm My broker time is showing as 14:24

What time should I set my EA and indicator?

PS.....thanks a million everybody for your help on this!!!
(some threads when you ask questions people jump down your throat screaming RTFM)