ForexMorningTrade System

Coin flip tomorrow morning at 2:00am EST red alert with Nationwide HPI -- housing prices.

dailyfx.com rates this news as medium impact.
Personally, I believe FMT is a technical trading system that assumes that fundamental news is priced into the chart before it is even released. For that reason, I believe it is safe to trade FMT through any medium or high impact news. :cool:

Just another thought, is it reasonable to go with 35/35 SL / BE, instead of 40, but without using the SL? Or won't this make much difference?

Hi there

First time I have used an EA and I seem to be having a drama with the EA on FMT.
It seems to keep reseting the values on itself i.e when I set lot size to say 0.5 it then resets to default 0.1 and also when I set the trading hour to 8 it resets itself back to 7 any advice would be great,
Also today on FXDD the ideal entry price would of been 1.5576 but due to the spread the of 4 pips the buy price was never at this so if I did not enter manually I would of missed this trade is there anyway of changing so the EA takes into account the spread?

Just another thought, is it reasonable to go with 35/35 SL / BE, instead of 40, but without using the SL? Or won't this make much difference?

According to backtest result, there was a significant difference between SL35 and SL40. As GBP/USD is a volatile pair, it needs room to breathe, I believe. The deeper, the better.

Hi there

First time I have used an EA and I seem to be having a drama with the EA on FMT.
It seems to keep reseting the values on itself i.e when I set lot size to say 0.5 it then resets to default 0.1 and also when I set the trading hour to 8 it resets itself back to 7 any advice would be great,
Also today on FXDD the ideal entry price would of been 1.5576 but due to the spread the of 4 pips the buy price was never at this so if I did not enter manually I would of missed this trade is there anyway of changing so the EA takes into account the spread?

Once you have your settinsgs set the way you want, you need to make sure you click "OK" before you exit so your setting are kept. Each time you load the EA you will have to change your settings.

Once you have your settinsgs set the way you want, you need to make sure you click "OK" before you exit so your setting are kept. Each time you load the EA you will have to change your settings.

Many thanks for the reply Pipzombie
I thought there was something I was doing:innocent:
I will remember that from now on also do you know how to allow for the spread with the EA?

Many thanks for the reply Pipzombie
I thought there was something I was doing:innocent:
I will remember that from now on also do you know how to allow for the spread with the EA?

There is nothing to do for the spread. The EA enters on a market order, simply once the spread is covered you are into profit.

According to backtest result, there was a significant difference between SL35 and SL40. As GBP/USD is a volatile pair, it needs room to breathe, I believe. The deeper, the better.

Well... the breathing is definitely heavy this morning! I do hope it goes the right way for us all to start the new month off with a win. And for the benefit of readers in other climes we have had an early start to winter in the UK with snow all over the place an record cold temperatures

I like the nice spike low on yesterday's daily candle, potentially signalling a reversal to the recent downtrend. :)

I like the nice spike low on yesterday's daily candle, potentially signalling a reversal to the recent downtrend. :)

You would be better off looking at the Daily Candle Close formation for a better signal.

Having said that yesterdays Daily Close was a Bullish Hammer which either is signaling a upside reversal or a bounce from this recent down trend we have been in other the last week or so.

You would be better off looking at the Daily Candle Close formation for a better signal.

Having said that yesterdays Daily Close was a Bullish Hammer which either is signaling a upside reversal or a bounce from this recent down trend we have been in other the last week or so.

Deatil,
It is just semantics. Some people call it a bullish hammer, but I prefer to call it a spike low because I think it is more descriptive. The important thing is that yesterday's daily candle was reversal signal.
Cheers

Last edited:
If I were resetting SL to BE the conditions would have been triggered a few minutes ago

EAs would do that automatically of course

Hi There,

Anybody using a combination of Break Even & Trailing Stop ? Does it helps puting them together, which one will be hit first BE or TS ?

Cheers