ForexMorningTrade System

HI T -

I agree with you in that fiddling too much with the system will filter out a lot of the winners too. The system is great and the beauty of it is in the simplicity and the 1 to 1 risk reward...

However I can't simply ignore the basic rules of trading fx like major support, resistence and trend lines. Trading ranges are very important to me, and I would be a fool to ignore a 90 pip move before the London open. I just feel the probability is significantly lower than if the Asian range was say 40 pips... As it happened the price moved a further 50 pips before retracing, so the trade would've been profitable and my fears were unfounded...

With all that said - I do agree that this is a set a forget strategy that profits in the long run if you don't interfere too much.

Regards
Dean

Hi Dean, try here:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex-strategies-systems/70506-black-dog-trading-system.html

Can any one tell me whether EA takes GU and GJ trades at the same time london opening:cool:

trader,
since this EA came out I could not get both pairs to trigger, only one would trade, I would have to manually trade on the other. However, on Friday I set GJ to start time of 6:00 instead of 5:30 GMT. and both pairs were triggered by the EA. But, the GU trade was triggered and closed for 40 pips TP before the start time 6:00 for GJ, so maybe it traded because the GU trade was finished. So, I still do not know if FMT will run 2 trades during same period ? Hope this info helps !

:cheesy:

Once again for no reason the EA didn't take the trade. Funny, because I had everything set up and decided to not watch it last night, went to bed 15 minutes before it was to initial the trade. If I stayed up I could have manually taken the trade and I'd be 40 pips richer (and probably 40 pips more tired). I'll take the richer over the tired anytime.

Well, I don't know about Thursday's trade as both Momentum and CCI were solid buys but earlier this week what looked like it should have taken a sell, I found the indicators can changes from a + to - within the 15 minute period so sometimes it can just miss a good set-up. :rolleyes:

Well, that's why it's called break-out ! ..:-0

Instead of analyzing it, much like back-testing, I just set it and forget it. The bottom line at the end of the month we have more pips then we start with. Of course, maybe some think they can get more or save more losses by turning a robot into a thinking-bot but for me,, I just let the bot works by the rules, never once stopping to think. ;)

Instead of analyzing it, much like back-testing, I just set it and forget it. The bottom line at the end of the month we have more pips then we start with. Of course, maybe some think they can get more or save more losses by turning a robot into a thinking-bot but for me,, I just let the bot works by the rules, never once stopping to think. ;)

I couldn't agree more. This is a long term investment strategy that can grow your account by 5 percent a month. Try walking into any bank in the world and ask for a return like that. Using strict money management and compounding your profits will generate a very healthy return on investment...slow and steady...investing should be as exciting as watching paint dry.

Hello Monday Sep 20 is a bank holiday in Japan Work this system in this case? or its better not to trade¿

Hello Monday Sep 20 is a bank holiday in Japan Work this system in this case? or its better not to trade¿

We trade the GBP/USD prior to London open, so Japan will not have much affect. We are basically trading the open of Eastern Europe.

I believe Europe opens at 5am gmt. 2 hours before London, but also 6am, depending on location in the EU. Our trade occurs at 5:30gmt.

I believe Europe opens at 5am gmt. 2 hours before London, but also 6am, depending on location in the EU. Our trade occurs at 5:30gmt.

sorry i thought lodon was europe i live east coast and have it set for 1:30 does anyone else trade this thats on the east coast and is this right. i know i have asked once already but been reading start of jounal abit confused now i am -5GMT

sorry i thought lodon was europe i live east coast and have it set for 1:30 does anyone else trade this thats on the east coast and is this right. i know i have asked once already but been reading start of jounal a bit confused now i am -5GMT

If you are on the east coast Eastern time, then by your time the setting is 1:30 Eastern, it is 6:30 London and 5:30 GMT. But what is important is the time zone that your broker is using.

If you are on the east coast Eastern time, then by your time the setting is 1:30 Eastern, it is 6:30 London and 5:30 GMT. But what is important is the time zone that your broker is using.

I believe its eastern time they are using its from fxsol australia but i will call them to make sure thanks

hi jo,welcome to t2w

looks like a buy trade on both GU and GJ...but hey i am worried the bigdogs will lift the the pairs and bring it down to have small puppies lick their wounds...

hi jo,welcome to t2w

looks like a buy trade on both GU and GJ...but hey i am worried the bigdogs will lift the the pairs and bring it down to have small puppies lick their wounds...

Thanks Trader and Hello to you, Low liquidity beginning of the week, already closed 3 lingering manual trades from last week, bears not strong enough :mad:

A buy trade today in GBPUSD..
No matter what the market is, i will follow the system rules..
hit out (y) or jus get out (n) man!!