ForexMorningTrade System

in 2hrs+20 is the MPC for the BOE minutes with votes on rate decision.... considered a High Importance event

in 2hrs+20 is the MPC for the BOE minutes with votes on rate decision.... considered a High Importance event

Yes, I have just noticed it:
10:30 GBP MPC Meeting Minutes (red)

I rely on being out with my profit well before that news.

Yes, I have just noticed it:
10:30 GBP MPC Meeting Minutes (red)

I rely on being out with my profit well before that news.

Fabius.. i have noted that u give great importance to round numbers.. Since GBPUSD is nearing 1.5700, the profits should be taken out?
please give ur suggestions..

Fabius.. i have noted that u give great importance to round numbers.. Since GBPUSD is nearing 1.5700, the profits should be taken out?

Well, I am not an expert whatsoever but I read on and on in many different technical books that in forex, more than in other markets, round numbers act both as magnet and strong level to be aware of.
At 1.5700 I'll take a look to the candles formation and if I think that there is not steam enough to break it, I will consider to close half position and lock in part of the profit gained till that moment (my 40 pips TP is at 1.5705, so it won't be a big deal anyway ;)).

I am doing an expansion from the impluse wave from 1.5652 to 1.5677

I took it from the low at 1.5503 to the Bernanke's high at 1.5639 before the retracement.
I see you are far ahead in your knowledge compared to me, that's the main reason I feel comfortable with my half position on Gbp/Jpy ;)

I bailed out at 1.5691
Didn't like the look of the BRN. (Big round number 157.)
Have a good day all.

Chapter
Fading the double zeros from Daytrading the Currency Market, by Kathy Lien, pages 103-104.
Rules to go Long (page 104):
1) First, locate a currency pair that is trading well below its intraday 20sma on a 10 or 15 minute chart.
2) Next, enter in a long position several pips below the figure (no more than 10).
3) Place an initial protective stop no more than 20 pips below the entry price.
4) When the position is profitable by double the amount that you risked, close half of the position and move your stop on the remaining portion of the trade to breakeven. Trail your stop as the price moves in your favor.

This is not the case with the actual market condition: it was just to show that I am doing my homework :smart: :LOL:

I bailed out at 1.5691
Have a good day all.

I perferctly understand your point of view (I agree with), but what about closing half position and let the other half ride the wind? :idea:

I perferctly understand your point of view (I agree with), but what about closing half position and let the other half ride the wind? :idea:

I think its a good idea Fab, and i will certainly keep this in mind for future trades.
Cheers,
Paul.(y)

I bailed out at 1.5691
Have a good day all.

i think ur decision to close at 1.5691 was good..
i closed at 1.5695.. taking out 30pip profits..
more than happy..
even i was worried abt the 1.5700 round no.

I think its a good idea Fab, and i will certainly keep this in mind for future trades.
Cheers,
Paul.(y)

I've just closed half position and let the other part free to reach its 80 pips TP :innocent:
Meanwhile I moved my SL at BE :smart: