ForexMorningTrade System

Well said jonjo this why 90% of us fail,cos we try to change things and dont stick to the plan

That's why there is a robot. Robot's don't think, just go by the rules. Set it and forget it. Sometimes I tell people to just shut off the monitor for a week and see how your account does. ;)

my results today with FMT, to compare..

GbpUsd, no trade (live)
GbpJpy, sell trigger, -40 pips SL (live)
EurUsd, London, sell trigger, -40 pips SL (demo)
EurUsd, NY, buy signal, BE (demo)

not a good day, BUT always tomorrow !,,

cheers !

Ok, heres where my standing is on the system. I like to do things in graph form so I can see from a distance the wood from the trees. Its starting from the begining of April 2010, with 3% risk on a £1000 starting account.

What do you think of this (original Rules apply):

CashMachine.jpg

pretty nice I think I'm sure you'll agree (y)

this beats ALOT of other systems and you dont need to even think !
So put your trades on and we'll all meet in the Weatherspoons for 12 :clap:

If I could dance, I'd be doing it all day long. But you dont want to see that, trust me.

What I'm trying to say is stick to the system as prescribed and with compounding you’ll grow a big account in no time at all. The only thing you need to bring to this fancy dress party is strict patience and a false beard.

That’s my confidence boost for today.

What I'm trying to say is stick to the system as prescribed and with compounding you’ll grow a big account in no time at all. The only thing you need to bring to this fancy dress party is strict patience and a false beard.

That’s my confidence boost for today.

Let's party! :drunk:

Attachments

• beard.jpg
    beard.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 168
Hi There,

Out of respect for all our readers and future readers, would people mind going back and deleting personal conversations/posts so that when we look at the history we can easily follow discussions just on trading?

That would be really helpful to me when I am looking for trading support/ideas.

Thanks!!:)

Hello all,
I have just read this thread from start to finish...i think my eyes are going to fall out!
Mind if i join you guys?
I'm going live on Monday and would appreciate the company.
Regards,
Paul.

Why jonjo do you use them there abroard

Yes I do.....their platform is not so flashy as some of the others, one thing I like about them is that you can adjust your stop loss and take profit on the charts just by clicking on the line and dragging it.
Also Alpari(UK) have GBP/JPY about 3-4 pips spread and they use MT4.

Hi There,

Out of respect for all our readers and future readers, would people mind going back and deleting personal conversations/posts so that when we look at the history we can easily follow discussions just on trading?

That would be really helpful to me when I am looking for trading support/ideas.

Thanks!!:)

Ha -- like minds(y)

One problem ... some would go back to being "newbies" :clap:

Could not help myself ... guily of adding more dribble :eek:

There was a post a few days back that mentioned using 30 min time frame.

My backtesting (visual) has shown that on the days that M15 has no signal, the M30 does, however it seems you should trade with a smaller TP.

Can somebody with the good data etc test that?

Also has anybody noticed that when the trigger bar is a largebody in comparison to say the previous dozen bars or so you need to be cautious as well as when the trigger is part of a wedge of flag formation.

Is there anybody with tech expertise able to comment on this?

Gil

Yes I do.....their platform is not so flashy as some of the others, one thing I like about them is that you can adjust your stop loss and take profit on the charts just by clicking on the line and dragging it.
Also Alpari(UK) have GBP/JPY about 3-4 pips spread and they use MT4.

Hello Jonjo

Visual Order Editor will allow you to make ajustments on the chart by moving the lines and works on Mt4

Click the attachment icon to find the EA in this thread

Gil

Hello all,
I have just read this thread from start to finish...i think my eyes are going to fall out!
Mind if i join you guys?
I'm going live on Monday and would appreciate the company.
Regards,
Paul.

Welcome Paul, It's been a great discussion! Your point of view is welcome, we all learn from and support each other, and yes sometimes challenge each other's trading styles and ideas.

Blue ~ Happy like the sky ~

There was a post a few days back that mentioned using 30 min time frame.

My backtesting (visual) has shown that on the days that M15 has no signal, the M30 does, however it seems you should trade with a smaller TP.

Can somebody with the good data etc test that?

Also has anybody noticed that when the trigger bar is a large body in comparison to say the previous dozen bars or so you need to be cautious as well as when the trigger is part of a wedge of flag formation.

Is there anybody with tech expertise able to comment on this?

Gil

Would a person not have to change the robot in order to test just the 'no trade on 15 minute days' with the 30min timeframe?

On the trigger bar, at first thought I would tend to agree with you, however experience with the GBP/USD tells me different. The occurrence of the GBP/USD going 40 pips at this time of day (to the minute) even against the trend or as what some call a false breakout, or even outside the limits of elliott wave rules, is so common. There is definitely a few very common breakout patterns. What I find so good about FMT is the Indicators give you a major headsup which direction has MORE strength to make the 40p move. I do however like very tight channels prior to the trigger candle, that is where we can get the 80 pip moves.

You mean something more like the signal on the 8th september?

oh yeah that was nice

the last 7 trades had 2 losses then 5 wins
40p sl 40ptp = 120pips
40sl 80tp 24be 40ptrst = 151.4 pips

The new settings work so well because we will get a few +80 pip trades and our losses will have fewer -40 pip trades.

On backtesting so far it looks like optimum risk is 8% with the new settings.

Has anybody backtested to see how profitable when the CCI gets up above + or - 200?

To impending long trade looks a bit scary to me

Hi everyone, my 1st post here. I'm also scared of going long today, seems like the pound is going to lose its steam sooner or later. I'll use a smaller lot size today with SL=TP=40 + SL to BE with no TSL.