ForexMorningTrade System

Guys, if any of you want particular questions in the next poll I will be more than happy to take your questions on board, you can PM me and I will see which questions people are interested in and post the poll tomorrow. :D

podberry I thought the %R poll was useful. What about a poll as to what %DD we are prepared to take before we bail.

Yes, Wicked Wednesday is an apt description.
Today was BE for whichever users employ that strategy, or a loss for anyone having a TP greater than around 27....some might have got their 28 but not me.

A few weeks ago, someone in the forum said they were trimming their TP back slightly.
The next reply was quite right "If you keep on doing that you'll end up with 0tp/0sl". The plain fact of the matter is that you just have to stick with a reasonable setting and not keep altering it without rigorous testing.

Results for the year until today. 66 sessions observed
Deserteagle 43/65/BE 511
40/40 no BE 480
28/40 no BE 420
35/40/BE 415
10/40 no BE 360
20/40 no BE 360

Starting at 06.30 UK time until mid April (06.15)

podberry I thought the %R poll was useful. What about a poll as to what %DD we are prepared to take before we bail.

Your wish is my command, I'll devise a drawdown poll tonight ready for tomorrow morning :)

Your wish is my command, I'll devise a drawdown poll tonight ready for tomorrow morning :)

Nice one :)

I suppose to be more useful we would need to know %R and the %DD, although I don't know how you'd go about that!

A straight %DD will still be interesting though.

If I were to be trading the FMT system including changes made in mid April, my success by day of the week would be as follows
Mondays +55
Tuesdays +120
Wednesdays -95
Thursdays +245
Friday +15

I'd have done fairly well for just trading Tuesdays and Thursdays so far this year, Wednesdays looks like a day to do other things!

If I were to be trading the FMT system including changes made in mid April, my success by day of the week would be as follows
Mondays +55
Tuesdays +120
Wednesdays -95
Thursdays +245
Friday +15

I'd have done fairly well for just trading Tuesdays and Thursdays so far this year, Wednesdays looks like a day to do other things!
Very convincing! For which period did you get these results (this year)?
3PO

A very painful SLM -45 as the failure to execute on time (4 pips) resulted in my missing BE+5! :mad:

Hi, I am in discussion with SLM over this issue of slow EA execution times. SLM are suggesting that it is down to Commercial Network Services (the VPS I use).

I would therefore be interested to know of anyone who doesn't use a VPS or a different VPS that has had problems with SLM EA execution times please?

I'm only after numbers at this stage in order to be able to force SLM to see this as a bigger issue. Thanks Chris

FMT for me this morning , (45-35-25-5) Forex.Com-UK broker

6:15 start, sell signal, hit BE +5 pips
6:30 start, sell signal, hit BE +5 pips
6:45 start, sell signal, hit SL -46 pips

total today -36 pips..

weekly total +69 pips.

Hi, I am in discussion with SLM over this issue of slow EA execution times. SLM are suggesting that it is down to Commercial Network Services (the VPS I use).

I would therefore be interested to know of anyone who doesn't use a VPS or a different VPS that has had problems with SLM EA execution times please?

I'm only after numbers at this stage in order to be able to force SLM to see this as a bigger issue. Thanks Chris

I dont use a VPS. And my entries have been delayed on 2 consecutive days.

I went live today using SLM and I don't use a VPS and I was also delayed. However, on my demo account with SLM there was no delay.

Nice one :)

I suppose to be more useful we would need to know %R and the %DD, although I don't know how you'd go about that!

A straight %DD will still be interesting though.

Will be difficult, but I could put %dd to those risking no more than 6% as per the last poll. :)

Will be difficult, but I could put %dd to those risking no more than 6% as per the last poll. :)

Perhaps the question could be along the lines as to 'how many losses in a series of 10 trades would you tolerate before abandoning the system?'

This separates out the % risk and I think makes more sense because people with a more agressive attitude to risk could be losing 10pc every time, which would be 5 or 6 goes for the average member.

Perhaps the question could be along the lines as to 'how many losses in a series of 10 trades would you tolerate before abandoning the system?'

This separates out the % risk and I think makes more sense because people with a more agressive attitude to risk could be losing 10pc every time, which would be 5 or 6 goes for the average member.

Cheers wise, will take that on board, make sense.:)

SMART LIVE MARKETS

Hi

Responding to Hammy's results, on my live account, which I traded at 07:15 & 07:30 SLM time today, the 07:30 (0630 BST) trade did not move to BE and resulted in a loss.

Upon examination, the 0815 candle moved to1.64513 from an opening at 1.64769, a move of 25.6 pips. The EA journal does not show a request to move the SL.

I guess 25.6 pips was not held for long enough. SLM cant respond if a request wasn't sent, I guess.

That said, I have had delays and errors from SLM lately. (I use CNS VPS)

SMART LIVE MARKETS

Hi

Responding to Hammy's results, on my live account, which I traded at 07:15 & 07:30 SLM time today, the 07:30 (0630 BST) trade did not move to BE and resulted in a loss.

Upon examination, the 0815 candle moved to1.64513 from an opening at 1.64769, a move of 25.6 pips. The EA journal does not show a request to move the SL.

I guess 25.6 pips was not held for long enough. SLM cant respond if a request wasn't sent, I guess.

Hi,
My 6:30 trade was opened at 1.6476 and moved as low as 1.6450, enough to trigger the BE=25, but very lucky indeed ! My broker is Forex.com-UK, 4 digit broker.

cheers !..:)

SMART LIVE MARKETS

Hi

The low of 1.64513 was the bid price and it is the ask price that is taken into account. The ask price is used to calculate profit and close a short trade. The ask price would have been 1.64533 and so not enough to trigger moving the stop-loss as the trade only went 23.6 pips into profit, not 25.6

I went live today using SLM and I don't use a VPS and I was also delayed. However, on my demo account with SLM there was no delay.

Likewise, I don't use VPS and delay was around a minute. 2 other EAs running on the same machine with 2 different brokers took their trades without delay. This was undoubtedly an SLM issue.

The low of 1.64513 was the bid price and it is the ask price that is taken into account. The ask price is used to calculate profit and close a short trade. The ask price would have been 1.64533 and so not enough to trigger moving the stop-loss as the trade only went 23.6 pips into profit, not 25.6

Hi GumRai

I have made a note of one of your other posts explaining similar to someone else, recently.

However, I am wondering, is this not a arbitrary request to move the stop-loss that is outside the sphere of influence of bid/ask?

I can understand that when hitting TP or SL would need to consider bid/ask, but surely not when simply wanting (or in this case asking the EA) to move the SL when a certain price is hit?

(I'm thinking I'm about to learn something...!) :smart: