ForexMorningTrade System

Took 30 pips profit, in line with my reduced target for December. So it helps make up for Monday and yesterday. 3 wins and 2 losses for me this week.

Good luck to all who are hanging in for the conventional 35

I would like to know if my posts are helpful to people or if I should just delete everything I say and walk away. Alot of you want to make fmt the trading god, and Mark it's maker. Yet there are two ways a trade will go: 1. trend following and 2. trend reversal. There are clear reasons why a trade is one or the other. If I end up confusing people with my posts (adding years of experience with manual and EA's), then I prefer not to influence anyone's trading. I know I was often confused by other traders when I first started. It is not my intention to confuse anyone, but to share some of the many things I have learned the hard way.

Just read this. Keep posting blue, your input is appreciated. (y)

The next resistence is at 1.5823, If it fails today I'm manually closing the trade.

Last edited:
manually closed out at 1.5802. Trend is starting to change and you got a head and shoulder pattern. Profit = $7.84

I'm using TMT with the THV 4 trix trading system. When it comes to opening trades the systems are strongly in agreement with each other so for now I'm going to let TMT hadle openings.

THV is great because it comes preloaded with all the templates and aswell as the very reliable trix meter your charts are preloaded with pivot points.

As a beginner, for now my trading will be limited to TMT's 1 trade per day. I'm also combining this with the standard chart reading skills I learnt from stock trading. For example today we had a trix cross down, bounce off resistence and a head and shoulders pattern. Today was an easy trade.

Well done to all those that caught the 25 pips through TMT. Mine is on default 35 so had I left it it would have been the same as yesterday.

This is a live account (Alpari UK) with $1400.

Last edited:
Still inside, I suppose it will be decided (TP or BE) with the coming news in a while.

I'm still holding on for the news, though I closed one trade for +45p which I entered a few hours earlier. still looking for price to push through that resistance!

I would like to know if my posts are helpful to people or if I should just delete everything I say and walk away. Alot of you want to make fmt the trading god, and Mark it's maker. Yet there are two ways a trade will go: 1. trend following and 2. trend reversal. There are clear reasons why a trade is one or the other. If I end up confusing people with my posts (adding years of experience with manual and EA's), then I prefer not to influence anyone's trading. I know I was often confused by other traders when I first started. It is not my intention to confuse anyone, but to share some of the many things I have learned the hard way.

Blue, keep them coming, please. All contributions on-topic, constructive, non-confrontational and non-personal should be welcome. Yours invariably appear well-informed to me.

IMHO people are sometimes insensitive, over-sensitive, or quick to express opinions/judgement of others' intent.

As a case in point (and this is well-meant....) - 'alot of you want to make fmt the trading god, and Mark its maker.' Well, your opinion/conclusion from posts - I could take offence at this because I wish to rely on FMT (strategy/rules)/Mark knows better than/has shown FMT to work.
My motivation is to use FMT EA to increase my success by removing human factor recognising I don't have enough experience/knowledge to do otherwise. Whilst at the same time learning/educating myself, from Mark, others on the forum such as you, and elsewhere. That doesn't mean I want to make fmt a trading god, or Mark its maker a god, I'm not 'wrong', any more than you are 'wrong' to manually intervene where you believe your experience will improve your trading performance.
But I could take offence, I could ignore the comment and not take offence, I could give you the benefit of the doubt and presume you didn't mean me (how could you know?), or, you could not risk offending/alienating people by writing such....
This isn't directed at you personally or particularly, it is general comment for all.

Keep 'em coming Blue and others (nicely and considerately).
I come here to watch and learn, from you and others.
Stay friendly,
B

Still inside, I suppose it will be decided (TP or BE) with the coming news in a while.

Man this GU just cannot make up its mind. Prob the most Heart Pounding FMT trade to date. 1 pip from target then a few pips from BE stop then again a couple pips from Target then another retrace.

IF GU does break up and hit TP, I see it going to around 1.5850 at least. (fib extension).

Plan the TRADE then TRADE the Plan. Thats why we both still in the game.

Blue, keep them coming, please. All contributions on-topic, constructive, non-confrontational and non-personal should be welcome. Yours invariably appear well-informed to me.

IMHO people are sometimes insensitive, over-sensitive, or quick to express opinions/judgement of others' intent.

As a case in point (and this is well-meant....) - 'alot of you want to make fmt the trading god, and Mark its maker.' Well, your opinion/conclusion from posts - I could take offence at this because I wish to rely on FMT (strategy/rules)/Mark knows better than/has shown FMT to work.
My motivation is to use FMT EA to increase my success by removing human factor recognising I don't have enough experience/knowledge to do otherwise. Whilst at the same time learning/educating myself, from Mark, others on the forum such as you, and elsewhere. That doesn't mean I want to make fmt a trading god, or Mark its maker a god, I'm not 'wrong', any more than you are 'wrong' to manually intervene where you believe your experience will improve your trading performance.
But I could take offence, I could ignore the comment and not take offence, I could give you the benefit of the doubt and presume you didn't mean me (how could you know?), or, you could not risk offending/alienating people by writing such....
This isn't directed at you personally or particularly, it is general comment for all.

Keep 'em coming Blue and others (nicely and considerately).
I come here to watch and learn, from you and others.
Stay friendly,
B

Hi B,

My post was meant to address whether those of us who manually trade have anything of value to say on this forum. Constantly robot traders question trading ideas, trade judgements and opinions or even styles of manual traders to the point of silencing others, which is rather counterproductive to mutual support with a difficult task.

The great difference with this robot is that we have the manual system at our hands, for a trading pair and time where there are a variety of systems that apply. How great is it that everyone who visits becomes successful in a way that suits each person. and somewhere in this system and these posts is that one extra key to put it all together.

good trading, much success, yahoo there she goes!

I got 25 pips from FMT today and 60 pips from my own mechanical system. Who said we can't use our own judgement to trade with our own system? Profit will be hard to come by if you only stick to one holy grail EA that some would trust it to be. No Offence here.

Here is the question of the day. Do backtests and a few months of live testing equate to future results that repeat the recent past... or are we all just a bunch of suckers for something that looks good on paper? ie. time machines have not been invented yet

Simply put, the future tends to repeat the past, but it's no guarantee. And backtesting is easy to mess up, e.g. curve-fitting. That's where you sucker yourself.

The next resistence is at 1.5823, If it fails today I'm manually closing the trade.

Well it's broken through the major resistance at 1.58124 so hopefully has the legs to keep going

What is this resistance? Are you guys drawing lines on charts or is this an indicator?

I agree - you can't put all your eggs in one basket and rely on one method / technique. You need some diversity to guarantee each month will be in the positive.