ForexMorningTrade System

Hey Johnny, I've had the same problem since using the new version 4.1. I've tried with new charts and the same happens every time, so who knows what's happening. I even tried uploading 4.1 to my vps again, but keeps happening.

Try to restart VPS,always log out dont just close. You probably have two MT4 going and dont realize it.

Johnny,

Are you running the EA on a VPS?

Sandy

No, I'm running it from home, which may or may not be the prob. I noticed on my log in the terminal that I lost my connection at one point, and the MT4 program eventually re-established, but the log entry shows (2) logins (one second apart) for the same acct. I wonder if I was logged in twice. There is no indication, that I can find in the program, that shows a second instance of the EA. There is only one chart showing it.

I got no trade today which is really strange. I see a error message 129 - "Invalid Price" but there is no error tabs in my journal or experts tab. Strange! My broker is FXDD. Both indicators lined up so why didn't it go short today? Anybody have any ideas?

Shawn

And another thing, I notice that when I open MT4 on my Windows XP system, the program opens on the other desktops I have set up. I wonder if, say my son, is logged on, but his desktop is not the currently active desktop, if the MT4 running on his desktop (same machine), is also placing an order. Anyone know how I can make sure the program opens only on my desktop?

And another thing, I notice that when I open MT4 on my Windows XP system, the program opens on the other desktops I have set up. I wonder if, say my son, is logged on, but his desktop is not the currently active desktop, if the MT4 running on his desktop (same machine), is also placing an order. Anyone know how I can make sure the program opens only on my desktop?

OK! I think I've figured this out...MT4 was in the "All Users" "Startup" folder. If someone else's desktop was logged on, but not the active desktop, it would still be running another instance of MT4 with the EA. I could've potentially been running up to 5 instances! That could have gotten expensive. I moved it out of the All Users Startup, and put it only in mine. Should be "good to go".

Hi..i hate to sound stupid but can anyone tell me an easy way to work out points/pips, i am using mt4 on smart live markets and dont see an easy option on here to do this...

Hi..i hate to sound stupid but can anyone tell me an easy way to work out points/pips, i am using mt4 on smart live markets and dont see an easy option on here to do this...

You subtract your opening price with the final price to get the number of pips you traded.

Smart live use 5 decimal places, so for example if the trade is entered short at say 1.65428 with take profit of 40 pips then the trade will close at 1.65028 for 40 pips profit. The last decimal place is just 1/10 of the pip. e.g trade at £10 a pip and your profit is as above but lets say it closes at 1.65026, then profit is 40 + 2/10 @ £10 a pip = £402.

Apologies if this is not what you meant.

Smart live use 5 decimal places, so for example if the trade is entered short at say 1.65428 with take profit of 40 pips then the trade will close at 1.65028 for 40 pips profit. The last decimal place is just 1/10 of the pip. e.g trade at £10 a pip and your profit is as above but lets say it closes at 1.65026, then profit is 40 + 2/10 @ £10 a pip = £402.

Apologies if this is not what you meant.

That is exatly what i meant....thanks so much, all a bit clearer now!!

FMT is like stealing candy from babies. Getting reading for another day at the office.
Good luck to all. :LOL:

trader578

Not nice to want to steal from babies. lol I am short but it could go either way. Hope for the best you all.