Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Greed: too sure of a trade and take excessive risk with respect to account/size. Rich overnight. Not taking profits well enough..waiting for a home run. Double/triple down..

Fear: Afraid to enter counter trend ( in ones eye) trades. All value and succesful trade appear this way. The only reason pros sell top and buy bottom. The only reason herds do the opposite. Fear to take profits quickly so as not to evaporate. High win rate; marginal account performance.

Impatience: Chasing trades...it looks like this is going down..jump! Trades must come to you according to your strategy. This makes a good case that exit route is well defined..and re-ntery is minimised. Must not have position sometimes when you cant understand the readings of the market or during news inspired volatility.
Hope: Running losses in the hope that it will reverse. Instead hope that a profitable position will keep being profitable.

Greed: too sure of a trade and take excessive risk with respect to account/size. Rich overnight. Not taking profits well enough..waiting for a home run. Double/triple down..

Fear: Afraid to enter counter trend ( in ones eye) trades. All value and succesful trade appear this way. The only reason pros sell top and buy bottom. The only reason herds do the opposite. Fear to take profits quickly so as not to evaporate. High win rate; marginal account performance.

Impatience: Chasing trades...it looks like this is going down..jump! Trades must come to you according to your strategy. This makes a good case that exit route is well defined..and re-ntery is minimised. Must not have position sometimes when you cant understand the readings of the market or during news inspired volatility.
Hope: Running losses in the hope that it will reverse. Instead hope that a profitable position will keep being profitable.

Heh there, what kind of 'size' are you trading?

good example of why i trade off of 'real numbers' but still use spreadbet platform for trades, as I mentioned ages ago, there.
I would have been stopped out on that news spike otherwise by 1pip, but the futures contract never hit my 18 pips stoploss so I am still in my trade. (for now!)

Last edited:
Heh there, what kind of 'size' are you trading?

size per trade varies greatly. depends on the trade and condition. My total VAR for daytading( value at risk) per day is now £1,250.00
Performance is evaluated by plotting bar chart of VAR against Daily Gain/Loss. If daily gain >=VAR 4 times in 1 month; I buy myself a good present and go out with family or friends on my pocket..LOL

Last edited:
size per trade varies greatly. depends on the trade and condition. My total VAR for daytading( value at risk) per day is now £1,250.00
Performance is evaluated by plotting bar chart of VAR against Daily Gain/Loss. If daily gain >=VAR 4 times in 1 month; I buy myself a good present and go out with family or friends on my pocket..LOL

Gotcha..thanks for that.