Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks for that info Pocrel, I'm sure it may be useful to newbies, or to enable one to backtest strategy ideas whilst trading your chosen system. I stat everything, and I would tend to forward stat any system in preference to backtesting, and have 100% honesty with myself in recording the data, rather than trying to make it fit what I want to see, etc etc. I like to identify my objectives in advance and certainly before I start to record the data. Over the years I have found this the best strategy, painstaking at times, but, like anything in this world, you have to put in the effort to get the rewards.

I'm done trading trading for 2010, I'd like to wish every one of you a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

i agree that forward testing is the best way to do it but with strategy tester you can speed things up as forward testing takes alot of time and you can cheat on that too :)

Just 2 for me today and that's it, also mightn't take anything now until after Xmas, saw a thread on FF about price knocking 3 times on a the line of S1 or R1 before breaking through..food for thought?

Anyhow, been like watching paint dry so have puked on these 2 taken off 1/2hr-1hr TFs. Closed the cable trade, was waiting for it to hit S1, so that was that but left a lot on the table, 20 pips on cable in 5 mins. :( Euro is early but tbh I have no convinction that it'll hit S1, but heh perhaps we'll get a blow out down through the support levels so I've taken what's on offer. too much going on at home, got to get out, travelling this evening which is all good. :)

2 trades

+ 42
+19

+61

Attachments

• fx graph 319.png
    fx graph 319.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 124
  • fx graph 320.png
    fx graph 320.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 133
Would call you a 5hit house but look at what (and where) I puked :eek: Nice one..

weel it may have more downside, but with a thin market a good place to gt out is around a previous support level, S1 ould be lovely but it just feels so far away today

nice to bank the points well done mate (y)

weel it may have more downside, but with a thin market a good place to gt out is around a previous support level, S1 ould be lovely but it just feels so far away today

nice to bank the points well done mate (y)

it is thin isnt it, just feels weird 'through the charts'..Yesterday I only took the one, was 37 up and then took out my trailing stop at circa -13, expected with the neg news re. the rise in the precious deficit cable would continue through. Having said that it's now breached a 3 month low..

EURUSD - important res/supp levels for the next 24hours

The forex market is preparing to close the books for this year, and so am I :)
The euro continues to drift lower, and although the move from the last two weeks to me still doesn’t look impulsive enough to be considered a trend I must accept that at least for now the market chooses to maintain it’s direction to the south.
I continue to see a good support near 1,3044 and bellow that near 1,2960. To the upside my first resistance comes in only at 1,3205 and 1,3265.
On the 4 hours chart we still have an up-trend line that wasn’t broken yet, but price action is now very close to it and I don’t expect it to provide much support.
Anyway, I prefer not to trade until the first week of January due to gradual decreasing market liquidity and very very low level of predictability during year-end holiday.

Attachments

• praguri 1.gif
    praguri 1.gif
    19.6 KB · Views: 108
  • praguri 2.gif
    praguri 2.gif
    13.2 KB · Views: 96
  • praguri 3.gif
    praguri 3.gif
    11.9 KB · Views: 115
Just 2 for me today and that's it, also mightn't take anything now until after Xmas, saw a thread on FF about price knocking 3 times on a the line of S1 or R1 before breaking through..food for thought?

Anyhow, been like watching paint dry so have puked on these 2 taken off 1/2hr-1hr TFs. Closed the cable trade, was waiting for it to hit S1, so that was that but left a lot on the table, 20 pips on cable in 5 mins. :( Euro is early but tbh I have no convinction that it'll hit S1, but heh perhaps we'll get a blow out down through the support levels so I've taken what's on offer. too much going on at home, got to get out, travelling this evening which is all good. :)

2 trades

+ 42
+19

+61

did these trades have any similarity with the one you called yesterday,they seem totally diferent

did these trades have any similarity with the one you called yesterday,they seem totally diferent

Nope, same 5hit different day..if I hadn't got 'all clever like' with my captain sensible trailing stop of 50 :rolleyes: I'd have weathered the retrace and probably gone on to take 50.