Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Missed entry by 1 pip, grrrrrrrrrrrr........... cancelling order

Shak can you explain why you have your entries like that.It seems strange to me.The price moves up and you then wait for a pull back to get your fill and then miss a perfectly good trade in the process. no wonder you were upset.

Im pisswed as well,been out for a copuple of hrs and missed my line again.The same one ive posted,used and spoken about so much this week. There it is ,FLASH SELLS AT POINT A. ID HAVE HAD 20 pips and a free trade on the go

Attachments

• snapshot-343.png
    snapshot-343.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 109
Shak can you explain why you have your entries like that.It seems strange to me.The price moves up and you then wait for a pull back to get your fill and then miss a perfectly good trade in the process. no wonder you were upset.

Yeah I have a precise place that I want to enter, and I like to enter with limit order. If it misses, I'm not going to chase it, because that often results in a bad fill, and is not my edge. I'll just remove my order, and wait for the next setup, nothing lost. The same might apply to you with trendlines. Sometimes it reverses a pip or two just before where you want to get in. I also don't play breakouts, if that is what you're suggesting. I'm always looking for price to move through a level and then pullback to it.

Not sure why it seems strange to you because it is not as different as you think to what you do. If a trendline breaks, then you can enter then and there, but that is often less profitable/riskier, than waiting for it to move further through and then enter when it pulls back to the underside of the trendline.

Entry was 14826 the mid price actually came to 14826, but with spread I obviously didn't get filled. Them's the breaks :cool:

Yeah I have a precise place that I want to enter, and I like to enter with limit order. If it misses, I'm not going to chase it, because that often results in a bad fill, and is not my edge. I'll just remove my order, and wait for the next setup, nothing lost. The same might apply to you with trendlines. Sometimes it reverses a pip or two just before where you want to get in. I also don't play breakouts, if that is what you're suggesting. I'm always looking for price to move through a level and then pullback to it.

Not sure why it seems strange to you because it is not as different as you think to what you do. If a trendline breaks, then you can enter then and there, but that is often less profitable/riskier, than waiting for it to move further through and then enter when it pulls back to the underside of the trendline.

Entry was 14826 the mid price actually came to 14826, but with spread I obviously didn't get filled. Them's the breaks :cool:

sure, strange was probably the wrong choice of words. You explanation is fine,Im just so used to taking my trades manually. I dont think Ive ever put in a buy or sell limit order to enter a trade, but yes it would work on t/l pullbacks as I generally have a number in my head where I want to enter.

Yeah, I admire your ability to trade manually like that. It can be frustrating to miss out with orders. But there was a time when I entered manually and I found it made me more prone to chase things, and often cost those few pips on entry (quite crucial if you're looking for 10/20/30 pip winners) which then made me unhappy that I'd chased it, which then made me annoyed with myself and affected the trade. Plus it is easier to get 'caught up' in the market swings, and enter when your edge is not present. Placing an order forces me to think carefully where I really want to be entering.

Maybe one day I'll be entering manually, but for now, I place orders.

long 61 cable 55 is weekly pivot that has proven itself this week

stopped out at 51 -10. I feel i should have known better since elliot wave and long time frame trend lines suggested a sell off

Last edited: