Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
short eurusd 3328
1/2 of normal position. shorting other 1/2 in the area of 3338/40 if necessary
Scaling in because I'm anticipating my direction is correct, but entry less than stellar. Possible failure at resistance 3333.

Peter

Would you say that normal volatility, esp in relation to GU, resumed??
Or have the recent decent moves been fundamental, ie, Greek fiasco, related?
How was this month been for you?

Would you say that normal volatility, esp in relation to GU, resumed??
Or have the recent decent moves been fundamental, ie, Greek fiasco, related?
How was this month been for you?

Good questions. For me this year so far has been far short of the same period in past years, mostly due to low volitility. I've had noticably fewer trades but slightly higher win/loss ratio due to taking smaller profits. Volitility since the whole greek fiasco has been beautiful, but IMO, it's only temporary or fundamental as you put it.
This is my opinion, others may differ.

Peter

short 1/2 position eurusd 3340.
I am now at full position short @ 3334 avg price
stop @ 3350

Peter

Spring (feb to April) is usually bad for forex with my method. Sep to Jan is always better. As for the fundamentals (macro shocks), the less is the better. The build up to a crisis i.e, bubble forming before burst is the best phase in a boom-burst cycle to trade, picking up the pieces from debris is always hard.

Great work seems to be done by all.
Ive decided to take a rest from posting my trades for a short while as the last couple of weeks my calls on the thread have not been going my way. Losers are not a problem and Im not far behing for April, but Ive spent ages going over my last few months trades on here and saw that when I started I was extremely accurate and gave some great calls and made a shed load. However the last couple of weeks thats not been the case so I had to find out why.
In simple terms I was only calling an average of 2 trades a day when I started and 5 a day recently.It doesnt take a genius to work out why:smart: The thread was making me want to post trades. As this provides me with a major part of my income for my family,lady flash was not amused with the takings for April. Weve gone from steak and caviar to fish and chips(peasant food) I guess i was trying to be flash by name.When I am sure that I can call my trades the way I use to on the thread, then I will post again. Hopefully that wont be too long.
It doesnt take much to put you off track in this game.
Posting on this thread gave me much improved accuracy so its my plan to return asap once my head is straight and I sure I am only posting the trades that I would normally trade and that the thread isnt forcing me to make trades I wouldnt normally.

Hope you all have a great bank holiday weekend.

I completely agree with you. One reason I hesitated to post live calls was because it would distract me. I finally decided to give it a go but I promised myself it it affects my trading I would stop. There's no obligation to post but you do have an obligation to yourself and your family first. Good luck, clear your head, we'll be waiting to see you post again!

Peter

Ive decided to take a rest from posting my trades for a short while as the last couple of weeks my calls on the thread have not been going my way. Losers are not a problem and Im not far behing for April, but Ive spent ages going over my last few months trades on here and saw that when I started I was extremely accurate and gave some great calls and made a shed load. However the last couple of weeks thats not been the case so I had to find out why.
In simple terms I was only calling an average of 2 trades a day when I started and 5 a day recently.It doesnt take a genius to work out why:smart: The thread was making me want to post trades. As this provides me with a major part of my income for my family,lady flash was not amused with the takings for April. Weve gone from steak and caviar to fish and chips(peasant food) I guess i was trying to be flash by name.When I am sure that I can call my trades the way I use to on the thread, then I will post again. Hopefully that wont be too long.
Posting on this thread gave me much improved accuracy so its my plan to return asap once my head is straight and I sure I am only posting the trades that I would normally trade and that the thread isnt forcing me to make trades I wouldnt normally.

Hi Flash,

Ive followed your thread from the start and yourself, Leo and others have more than
proved yourself on here. Why dont you just post your trades at the end of day of what
trades you took to take the pressure off but to still keep the thread going.

If thats an option of course.

All the best

Ged

That would defeat the name of the thread, anyhow, all the best Flash, have some vinegar on those fish an chips don't want greece doing too many people in;)

It's true about being in the spotlight. It adds additional pressure in making trading decisions because it will be "seen and judged" by others.

In an interview, George Soros once said the best thing for a speculator is to keep speculating quietly.

I, too will stop calling the markets live when I feel that I should be in the background.
Hope you'll be back before I disappear. All the best ;)

It's true about being in the spotlight. It adds additional pressure in making trading decisions because it will be "seen and judged" by others.

In an interview, George Soros once said the best thing for a speculator is to keep speculating quietly.

I, too will stop calling the markets live when I feel that I should be in the background.
Hope you'll be back before I disappear. All the best ;)

guys I think you have made the right decision
you both seem to be guessing a bit lately
take the pressure off yourselves

why not just give us what you think is market direction for the day
and the trades you have made at the end of the day
you have nothing to prove

I just cannot post and trade it just dose not suit my style
by the time i have post something I have missed the trade

please keep posting as its a good read
best of luck
hornblower

Last edited:
I'll be very choosy today because it is Bank holiday in UK & Japan. Want to enjoy outdoor but it is raining.

exit 1.3243 +13
with the UK traders out the action is kinda slow. Might take your suggestion, Leo, and go enjoy the outdoors

Peter

Had sell entries for Cable and EU but they happened overnight ( 4-6am UK time).

Just scalped cable for a few pips on its way down.

Will look for entries nearer to US open.

great to see you guys doing well. Must congratulate old Temp,he really has done the biz lately.I trust Leo will be around for a long time to come and so will I. This is by far the best thread on the site and the only one Im really interested in. The others are just "noise" Thanks for all the comments. You made it sound like I was dead. It is my plan to return posting live as soon as Ive got my head round a couple of issues.This should be quite soon I hope as when my head is right posting live enhances my trading.

guys I think you have made the right decision
you both seem to be guessing a bit lately
take the pressure off yourselves

why not just give us what you think is market direction for the day
and the trades you have made at the end of the day
you have nothing to prove

I just cannot post and trade it just dose not suit my style
by the time i have post something I have missed the trade

please keep posting as its a good read
best of luck
hornblower

I totally understand those who dont post live,or indeed others who just provide genuine input,but to me a live thread should be just that, all trades posted asap.I always try and post within 1 min of taking the trade. What I will do in future is post more charts before and after the trade. I have plenty of time to do this as generally I dont trade that often.