Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
im in trouble here but no value in jumping ship,I should have taken 1/2 off at 1.4009.Still its stopped on yesterdays low and the trendline still plays so still hoping. stop is 1.3888

just a novice here so not trading that but entry 55 stop 32

no worries. paper trading is essential.

Below is GJ from my perspective. I use simple logic- how far it is likely to move.

Q. Has it moved 1 Day ATR already? yes, it has moved 102% for the day and 190% from yerterday's low.

so, long entry there would be to test prior high. Ideally I would have long from point A.

btw, hey blancspa EU nicely going down. or is it faking? :)

Attachments

• 100128_GJ_ATRmeasurements.PNG
    100128_GJ_ATRmeasurements.PNG
    53 KB · Views: 155
its sitting on a fence kinda ... I ought to be out of the premises in 2 hours and dont wanna be in when the US data comin out ... so hurry up boys lol

What is the worst drawdown period of this system?It can be in pips or period of time.

The reason I ask this question,is traders must be prepared to survive this period/pips drawdown.Many manual traders will not have the confidence to continue to trade a system /method after a string of losses.If the approximate drawdowns are known ,traders are prepared and ready to ride them.

Previous record is 3 consecutive losses + 1 b/e, from 2nd Dec to 8th Dec.

Hard to say in terms of pips because 3 losses incurred for different pairs.

My method tends to work or suffer across the pairs on the same day. I have a system on collective2 that shadows my trades, if you want details.

stop to + 3. If this reverses and goes down after all of that time around 1.4000 it will show weakness.No point in hanging around.Worst case Ill win 10 pips. I plan to leave other 1/2 in for a ride up to at least 30 pips

Considering a Buy at 84 or Sell at 19 OCO order on Cable for just before the figures....... not sure yet though

out of euro for nullo
what can I say - I hit my weekly target yesterday, normally I would ve taken the +20 prolly
ok I am gone for now

out of euro for nullo
what can I say - I hit my weekly target yesterday, normally I would ve taken the +20 prolly
ok I am gone for now

same result +14 for my euro if it was trailed. didn't reach my initial target.

Bernanke vote is the potential 'noise' maker for today ..lol

From tomorrow onwards, I will start at 6.30am UK time. Plenty of moves to be taken at day break!

From tomorrow onwards, I will start at 6.30am UK time. Plenty of moves to be taken at day break!

be careful, you'll be buying shoes next!

(good move though, LV; London "pop" does seem to set the direction for a couple of hours, as does 1am Tokyo; erm, as does 2pm US! )

interested in your use of Dollar Index and how you use it to determine your trading.

be careful, you'll be buying shoes next!

(good move though, LV; London "pop" does seem to set the direction for a couple of hours, as does 1am Tokyo; erm, as does 2pm US! )

interested in your use of Dollar Index and how you use it to determine your trading.

lol.. why not shoes?

The way I use dollar index is pretty simple. It is above 13wk MA line, so dollar is strong.. I look for dollar buying opportunity in GU,EU,UJ etc. It gives me some sense of safety, I also check it on the intradaychart to see if I am for or against dollar index bias.

Previously I posted daily USD index chart calling for dollar bullishness above 77. Hence I am selling EU everday.