Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Chart for cable trades. It was in the 'red' box.

I just shorted it when it was about to break below vwap(mean).

Overall move, from high of the day to low of the day was typical Day ATR 180-200 pips.

I find it fruitful if Day ATR move is anticipated even for a 'day trade'.

091218GBPUSD.PNG

Leovirgo

I like your thread.It is realistic , with posts on losing trades as well as winning trades.Your method looks good.

Keep it up.

O D T

Few pairs I am watching this following week, pending on volume and volatility. Might just scalp for 30-50 pips, or might even stay out and wait for the first week of January after new years ;)

Attachments

• geppydec27th.gif
    geppydec27th.gif
    27.1 KB · Views: 206
  • usdjpydec27th.gif
    usdjpydec27th.gif
    24.6 KB · Views: 162
  • gudec27th.gif
    gudec27th.gif
    23.7 KB · Views: 164
  • eurodec27th.gif
    eurodec27th.gif
    22.9 KB · Views: 159
UJ chart. This entry is counting on the mean of 22nd December. Day ATR is the expected range. It's simple.

091228USDJPY.PNG

Few pairs I am watching this following week, pending on volume and volatility. Might just scalp for 30-50 pips, or might even stay out and wait for the first week of January after new years ;)

Welcome to the thread!

Thanks leovirgo ;)

Managed to take a few off the table with eu/gu.. nothing big. Slowly ascending intra-day trend.

Best to stay out of this current market situation, and wait for the first sign/ or week of January when the volatility comes along.

Perhaps, we shall preserve the capital ;)

Thanks leovirgo ;)

Managed to take a few off the table with eu/gu.. nothing big. Slowly ascending intra-day trend.

Best to stay out of this current market situation, and wait for the first sign/ or week of January when the volatility comes along.

Perhaps, we shall preserve the capital ;)

Good for you. I was expecting too much, probably.

Fx pairs turnover from BOE site. EURUSD has the largest volume.

Attachments

• Currency Pair Turnover 08-09.PNG
    Currency Pair Turnover 08-09.PNG
    66.1 KB · Views: 190
EU 1.4320-30 area can be a good support. For a 10p risk short entry, 30p run up is pretty tempting.

EU target reached +50. (y)

chart below, it's self explanatory.
091230EURUSD.PNG

Last edited:
EU target reached +50. (y)

chart below, it's self explanatory.
091230EURUSD.PNG

very nice trade, I went in 10 hrs late to see if it would test that level and got stopped out. however I reversed to long and made it back thankfully. I like your thread, I make my calls on "forex day traders thread". Stop by sometime.