Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
long gold 1385 stop 1381.5

not my usual momentum trade but a reversal. too many bullish tails on daily pivot

here is the chart. I just hope it breaks the trendline :eek:

Attachments

• Daily Spot Gold (11-FEB-11).png
    Daily Spot Gold (11-FEB-11).png
    23.9 KB · Views: 137
I'm done for today but it looks like I'll be keeping an eye on cable next week......

Attachments

• cable.jpg
    cable.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 116
long gold 1385 stop 1381.5

not my usual momentum trade but a reversal. too many bullish tails on daily pivot
out at b/e after taking pain pretty much from the start...it did got to 1387 and was tempted to exit but thought I deserve more than 20pips after taking that much pain...silly decision

EUR/USD 1 min chart

ENTERED LONG in the green circle.

Stop los now moved to black line.

My last trade for the day.........i fancy a drink actually(y)

Welcome to the thread! (y)

It's not easy to trade and post so I don't criticize anyone for trying, but a few points to consider...

err...where did you move your stop from?? You never told us you even entered this trade, but posted this about 35 or so minutes late.

You did post your "LOOKS GOOD" chart right on time, so why so late on the 2nd chart?

I see you use 1m charts. So few traders do. I use 1m and 5m mostly so I'm interested in how your trading goes.

Enjoy your weekend!

Peter

Welcome to the thread! (y)

It's not easy to trade and post so I don't criticize anyone for trying, but a few points to consider...

err...where did you move your stop from?? You never told us you even entered this trade, but posted this about 35 or so minutes late.

You did post your "LOOKS GOOD" chart right on time, so why so late on the 2nd chart?

I see you use 1m charts. So few traders do. I use 1m and 5m mostly so I'm interested in how your trading goes.

Enjoy your weekend!

Peter

Just got home.....

Hello Peter

I take roughly 4-5 trades per hour and im a purely a visual trader so im always scoping the market. I post if i can.....and if i can be bothered!

It was friday and i was winding up for the day. I couldnt show the actual entry of the trade since my strategy is dynamic and move my stoploss accordingly. I only posted because my stop finally got moved to lock in some profit as you can see from the black line.

I moved my stop once the high was tested...and it takes roughly 5mins to post a thread.

ps....i lost a few pips trading it to the downside in the false breakout that came first

Last edited:
Mostly on the move today..closing previous trades (psted here) eur/yen and nzd/jpy for the extended weekend on a good note. stopped out on usd/chf exactly @ my initial stop (failed to adjust it for the overnight..bad of me. Always extend stop position overnight to avoid volatility if believe i the trade). eur/yen..55pips, nzd/yen ..25pips, usd/chf -29 pips.
Eur/usd weekly swing 207pips as posted below.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/day...eekly-s-p500-eur-usd-trading-ranges-plan.html

S&P 500 was also spot on the weekly low of 1325..Closed my position @1342 for 17 handles. I dont think it gets to 1362 as expcted...anyway
Have a good weekend all. Hope to be more active next week.