Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
just like to wish everyone a merry xmas and a profitable 2011 (if you are trading this all the best guys )

short gbp at 1.5588 s/l 27

last one on gbp or eur, i only tested first two signals each day

so far +17 for the day, lots off arsing around this week,

this week there has been very little correlation between currencies in general and us in particular, not good for old ma

+2 for the morning,

I better quit for the day or make some more pips before my hourly return gets to min wage!

?? did you lose 17 pips somewhere in-between the post above and your previous one?

In case anyone cares... 6-8am (GMT) range breakout on GBP\JPY seems to work well. Aim for 1:1 RR with stop at other end of range.. If it breaks long then comes back and stops you out take the break short as well. Over the last month or so the worst has been a breakeven day.

Please keep in mind, this is just something I've looked at the last two days and I've done no extensive testing apart from a look back over the charts for the last month or so..

In case anyone cares... 6-8am (GMT) range breakout on GBP\JPY seems to work well. Aim for 1:1 RR with stop at other end of range.. If it breaks long then comes back and stops you out take the break short as well. Over the last month or so the worst has been a breakeven day.

Please keep in mind, this is just something I've looked at the last two days and I've done no extensive testing apart from a look back over the charts for the last month or so..

Hi Liam, did you take into consideration the much wider stops you need to play GY off small TFs? Spread is poo with the SB firms too..I can get 2 pip spread off dbfx/fxcm but isnt IG 7 (iirc)? All that said it can be (imho) a great play GY.

ej is long but im not going to take it, no doubt sods law will apply

some of your entries are very similar in timing and price to mine, just in the opposite direction.

Clearly where I see a pullback in the trend you see a trend reversal.

Just goes to show that entries are not that important, its the exits that count!

we always care and listen, my spread is about 8 pips on that market,did you factor that in

Guys, just a thought, have any off you thought maybe you should totally puke morning sessions, perhaps go to the gym, read the FT, take kids to school and only start cranking up your machines from perhaps 12:30?

Have any of you done the math to find out if you'd make more gains in the afternoon session only?

some of your entries are very similar in timing and price to mine, just in the opposite direction.

Clearly where I see a pullback in the trend you see a trend reversal.

Just goes to show that entries are not that important, its the exits that count!

didnt think about it like that, but yes im always trying to find the am high or low and hope for a big move in my favour. Any sb firm would love to have us both on board

Guys, just a thought, have any off you thought maybe you should totally puke morning sessions, perhaps go to the gym, read the FT, take kids to school and only start cranking up your machines from perhaps 12:30?

Have any of you done the math to find out if you'd make more gains in the afternoon session only?

i feel like that right now,but arent you the one who like sto be done early and forget

I tend to see 2 sessions, the morning euro one, and the afternoon american one.
so, either is good. I treat as separate events. a sort of two trading days in one.
the only thing is, I mistakenly thought the US session wasnt worth playing after 3-pm, but looking back, you could stay trading till 7pm-ish.