Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Attachments

• Waffle Pic.gif
    Waffle Pic.gif
    103.4 KB · Views: 200
please dont follow my exits as you can see i terrile at holding a trade but this is the aud/usd reaching its target off the pin bar trade

No problem, always make my own decisions anyway, good or bad. hehe

sold eur/usd

not part off system,just a feeling tight stop above high.Will not show on figure eithere way,still short eur/jpy

LF, good call on your latest EU short.

I think you were unlucky today with your earlier EU short, and the EJ long.
EJ has not been behaving itself, and there wasn't much of a trend to make a call on.
The EU was just spooked out by a handful of pips.

Interesting that you are running fairly tight stops. Do you have any stats on showing you were correct on direction, but got stopped out?
Whats the current tally?

LF, good call on your latest EU short.

I think you were unlucky today with your earlier EU short, and the EJ long.
EJ has not been behaving itself, and there wasn't much of a trend to make a call on.
The EU was just spooked out by a handful of pips.

Interesting that you are running fairly tight stops. Do you have any stats on showing you were correct on direction, but got stopped out?
Whats the current tally?

i should have had a gbp short which was a big winner,but didnt take it through already having 2 trades running.Yep couldnt understand ej,a mind of its own today. no stats as such on direction.

on trades taken and called im - 124
if id taken all as in testing -56

i was expecting the 1/2 time trades to hold up better, still only 23 trades in for 7 days

i should have had a gbp short which was a big winner,but didnt take it through already having 2 trades running.Yep couldnt understand ej,a mind of its own today. no stats as such on direction.

on trades taken and called im - 124
if id taken all as in testing -56

i was expecting the 1/2 time trades to hold up better, still only 23 trades in for 7 days

How did you backtest old ma Flash? Was it manual or through software? I know you're not daft and am sure you've been pretty thorough but the recent results seem odd considering the work you've put in to it. I know it's a relatively small sample and just a couple of good winners would tip the balance but still... At what point do you take it back to the drawing board? Or do you have such confidence that this wouldn't be an option?

How did you backtest old ma Flash? Was it manual or through software? I know you're not daft and am sure you've been pretty thorough but the recent results seem odd considering the work you've put in to it. I know it's a relatively small sample and just a couple of good winners would tip the balance but still... At what point do you take it back to the drawing board? Or do you have such confidence that this wouldn't be an option?

it was tested manually. Ive been back to drawing board once,wont need to again
why do you say its odd? i fully expect to have losing runs and drawdowns. 150 pips is nothing,remember when i lose its x2, so if average stop is 20 thats about 3 trades down. considering the markets havent been friendly to the system im cool with it.
i expect 1 or 2 losing months every year,but they should be small.

its only 8 days and 23 trades old,no need to panic yet, I hope:)

and how far back should one back test to get suffucient sampling data to make realistic analysis, answers on a postcard please.

I'm out of ej for -22 as well,

daft really as it stalled for long enough for me to get out with anything between +10-20 but I seem to have been a bit of a zombie today.

it was tested manually. Ive been back to drawing board once,wont need to again
why do you say its odd? i fully expect to have losing runs and drawdowns. 150 pips is nothing,remember when i lose its x2, so if average stop is 20 thats about 3 trades down. considering the markets havent been friendly to the system im cool with it.
i expect 1 or 2 losing months every year,but they should be small.

its only 8 days and 23 trades old,no need to panic yet, I hope:)

I suppose odd was the wrong word... I just meant you've been having a bad run - I would be questioning it by now but then I'm not the one who has backtested it and this is also a flaw I have to get over for the sake of my trading account!

Was just curious, I don't have an opinion on whether your strategy is good or bad... I admire your resolve to be honest, like I said, I would have probably tried another 32 strategies by now and failed :mad:

and how far back should one back test to get suffucient sampling data to make realistic analysis, answers on a postcard please.

so true anything you test can go wrong,all you are basically doing is curve fitting
Having said that there is more science and logic to it than that and i hope to add other bits to it as well as other markets

I suppose odd was the wrong word... I just meant you've been having a bad run - I would be questioning it by now but then I'm not the one who has backtested it and this is also a flaw I have to get over for the sake of my trading account!

Was just curious, I don't have an opinion on whether your strategy is good or bad... I admire your resolve to be honest, like I said, I would have probably tried another 32 strategies by now and failed :mad:

any strategy that has an initial r/r of 1:1 can expect a bad run,maybe 10 losers on the trot. All strats have that. At 100 trades i may well begin to question it if im not ahead by the required amount